Marquette is salivating on their BB board for us tonight. Good summation of how teams view us I'd say. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette is salivating on their BB board for us tonight. Good summation of how teams view us I'd say.

Reaction Score
The book on us has been out. Sag on IW and AJ. I would expect Shaka to start with this. If our "shooters" aren't effective tonight, it's going to be a looong night.

Reaction Score
The ability of an athlete to remain awake while reading Canterbury Tales or The Divine Comedy.

Reaction Score
Glad Marquette fans are so confident. I think we always play better as an underdog. Hoping we come out and bury these guys tonight and don’t look back

Reaction Score
The key point made is Marquette players have improved throughout the season. UCONN shows no, or at best very little improvement. Obviously the difference in coaches. UCONN's inability to finish around the basket has been a constant since Hurley's arrival. There are drills to correct this but nothing has changed. A simple thing as having your head up when shooting a layup would be a big improvement. Anyone knows that using the backboard increases the percentage of success significantly, but this team hasn't been instructed or they don't listen.
I like Shaka but may I remind some that in Smart's 6 seasons at Texas the most wins he had in a season was 21 and was only ranked in the final top 25 once.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
All I can say, is they aren’t wrong but they could be. We are still a solid team and can get off the offensive snide any time. We can win this. We need to win this one. Obviously.

Our work is cut out for us and Lewis scares me, but to me this is the season . 3 games this week against good comp with next two on the road.

Time to make a statement. I believe we can. Don’t know if we will, but tonight’s the night to do it. If we don’t, it’s putting us in a rough spot.

Reaction Score
We are one additional player away from making an exponential leap as a team.
I hope tonight’s the night
Cole is solid if not great
Martin and Whaley are workhorse although not multi dimensional..
Jackson is a wild Card with room to grow
Sonogo is the guy they want to stop
An additional outside threat blunts the double.You force them either to let a shooter take open threes or dropping the double. Maybe tonight’s the night

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
They didn't have Morsell then and they're a significantly better team than they were when we first played them.
Do you think Mich St, WV and Providence fans post such stupid comments on their message board when they beat us when we weren’t at full strength? Asking for a friend. I’ve seen this posted several times and it’s laughable. And people actually liked it. SMH

Reaction Score
The key point made is Marquette players have improved throughout the season. UCONN shows no, or at best very little improvement. Obviously the difference in coaches. UCONN's inability to finish around the basket has been a constant since Hurley's arrival. There are drills to correct this but nothing has changed. A simple thing as having your head up when shooting a layup would be a big improvement. Anyone knows that using the backboard increases the percentage of success significantly, but this team hasn't been instructed or they don't listen.

You do realize getting good at layups is significantly more complicated than using the backboard and a few drills right? You know this isn't elementary school basketball?

Reaction Score
With all the talk of violence and medievality, I usurped my opportunity.

Reaction Score
@Heritage @Old blue and @MU in MKE ?

1644374204916.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon