Marquette(#8) on TV tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette(#8) on TV tonight

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The worst thing about Duke falling off the map is that I cant talk junk about other teams and conferences ... cause lawd knows i would have some things to say about the Big East Head bang
Go ahead - we won’t tell

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is reminiscent of Marquette's season opener @ Miami. In that game they scored only 10 in 1Q en route to a 63-55 loss. They shot 29% from the field that game, and only 20% (6-30) from the arc.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I like Kieger. She's calling her team out in the huddle. "I am challenging you right now! At the end of this quarter, we must be up by at least 12." (They're currently up by 3.)

For a basketball junkie like me, this "all access" format is fun.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Could be an upset in the making. All tied up after 3Q, 44-44. Marquette just looks flat, and Georgetown's defense has completely shut down their potent transition game. Hold Marquette to under 60 and you have a great chance of beating them.

Blockton and Hiedeman, Marquette's two leading scorers, have been MIA tonight. A combined 6 points on 2-16 shooting.

Reaction Score
Hiedeman with a rare off night shooting 1-9 and not doing much else.

Davenport with 23 rebounds. How did that happen? Teaira McCowan she is not.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hiedeman with a rare off night shooting 1-9 and not doing much else.

Davenport with 23 rebounds. How did that happen? Teaira McCowan she is not.
Davenport is by far MU's leading rebounder at 9.1 rpg (11.7 in BE games).

An undersized post by Power 5 standards, but a knack for the ball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Geez, Marquette's visitors' locker room looks like a small supply closet. Their home locker room looks like a swanky Hollywood movie set.

Reaction Score
Marquette won tonight because of the coach. Marquette shooters did not shot well tonight but their coach pushed them to the win. Much impressed with her.

Reaction Score
I like Kieger. She's calling her team out in the huddle. "I am challenging you right now! At the end of this quarter, we must be up by at least 12." (They're currently up by 3.)

For a basketball junkie like me, this "all access" format is fun.

I loved the coverage. It was much better to listen to the coaches than the "experts" on tv. It was an ugly game worth watching because of the coverage style.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I loved the coverage. It was much better to listen to the coaches than the "experts" on tv. It was an ugly game worth watching because of the coverage style.
Frankly, these coaches were much more enjoyable to listen to than others have been. The first iteration of this format, two years ago, was between St. John's and Seton Hall and that guy Bozzella ... let's just say he has a voice that only a deaf person can appreciate.

Reaction Score
I knew I was missing out with the split screens and mic"d up coaches. I was stuck in a bar with no sound on, lucky to be able to watch a "womens bb game" at this particular establishment, if you know wxhast I mean.

Just an observation about Marquette, that team listens to their coach ! There were NO shorts rolled up, there was no attitude when being coached up, all wore the same sneakers, even in a tied up stressful gsome they kept their composure and I saw no "dirty" play. Maybe just me, but I like them and I like the coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom