Marquette(#8) on TV tonight

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Georgetown is at #8 Marquette tonight.....it is on Fox Sports 1

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well thats a station I dont have access to..... so I guess I wont see Marquette play until the NCAAs.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well thats a station I dont have access to..... so I guess I wont see Marquette play until the NCAAs.
Do you subscribe only to Sling Orange? FS1 is part of the Sling Blue package.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In what has become an annual tradition in the Big East, this game will be shown entirely commercial-free and with the coaches fully mic'd up.

The head coaches, the Golden Eagles’ Carolyn Kieger and the Hoyas’ James Howard, will be wearing live microphones so fans watching on TV will get a different perspective of the action.​
It is the fifth “All-Access Game” produced by Fox Sports and will be shown without commercials on FS1. That means viewers will be hearing what goes on in huddles, interactions with players and, yes, probably some terse observations directed at the referees.​
What can TV viewers expect with Marquette women's coach Carolyn Kieger wearing a microphone during a game?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was not going to tune in but I think now I will with the open access format. Thanks/

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In what has become an annual tradition in the Big East, this game will be shown entirely commercial-free and with the coaches fully mic'd up.

The head coaches, the Golden Eagles’ Carolyn Kieger and the Hoyas’ James Howard, will be wearing live microphones so fans watching on TV will get a different perspective of the action.​
It is the fifth “All-Access Game” produced by Fox Sports and will be shown without commercials on FS1. That means viewers will be hearing what goes on in huddles, interactions with players and, yes, probably some terse observations directed at the referees.​
What can TV viewers expect with Marquette women's coach Carolyn Kieger wearing a microphone during a game?

Is there a 7 second delay on these broadcasts??

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is there a 7 second delay on these broadcasts??
From the article:

There’s also the obvious danger in strapping microphones on fierce competitors in the heat of battle.

“My biggest fear, and the coaches’ biggest fear, is the magic four-letter word getting out,” Scheer said. “But we’re live TV, with a five-second delay.”

Kieger isn’t worried.

“Should be fun,” she joked. “Just got to clean up my mouth a little bit.”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From the article:

There’s also the obvious danger in strapping microphones on fierce competitors in the heat of battle.

“My biggest fear, and the coaches’ biggest fear, is the magic four-letter word getting out,” Scheer said. “But we’re live TV, with a five-second delay.”

Kieger isn’t worried.

“Should be fun,” she joked. “Just got to clean up my mouth a little bit.”
No! Only Dawn Staley has a “potty mouth”. I read it on the Boneyard so it must be true.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Listening to the coaches is funny. I remember Rebecca Lobo saying she never heard Geno yelling at her from the bench while she was on the court

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is an ugly game. It’s 6-2 Marquette after 5 minutes.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No! Only Dawn Staley has a “potty mouth”. I read it on the Boneyard so it must be true.
I believe that Geno referred to the Quinnipiac coach as having a potty mouth for a Catholic girl. I believe it was during the NCAA tournament last year, during the infamous St. Francis of PA game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe that Geno referred to the Quinnipiac coach as having a potty mouth for a Catholic girl. I believe it was during the NCAA tournament last year, during the infamous St. Francis of PA game.
I’ve sat behind benches at various games down to the high school level. Dawn is far from the only coach that swears

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Georgetown is awful and unwatchable. At least when UConn was in the Big East we got to enjoy Pat Knapp’s histrionics on the sideline.

Honestly, if Marquette is the 8th best team in wcbb, the sport still has a long way to go.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I’ve sat behind benches at various games down to the high school level. Dawn is far from the only coach that swears
I can imagine. I only replied to your post because you said "potty mouth" and that is the exact term Geno used during the off court interview he had and was shown during the game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Honestly, if Marquette is the 8th best team in wcbb, the sport still has a long way to go.
They're a hot-and-cold team. They looked red-hot in taking Mississippi State the distance in Starkville, and everyone was singing their praises. Tonight, so far, they're as cold as I've seen them this season. I'd wager 11 points in a quarter is near a season low for them. They're averaging 85.6 ppg, so 11 would be barely half their average per quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They're a hot-and-cold team. They looked red-hot in taking Mississippi State the distance in Starkville, and everyone was singing their praises. Tonight, so far, they're as cold as I've seen them this season. I'd wager 11 points in a quarter is near a season low for them. They're averaging 85.6 ppg, so 11 would be less than half their average per quarter.
I understand not making shots and I’m not talking about that, particularly. Some of the missed shots are because they’re putting up wild, ill advised, rushed shots with plenty of time on the shot clock. One or two, ok, but Marquette has put up a ton of crazy shots. On defense, they kind of run around aimlessly. I just saw a Marquette kid standing all by herself, 10 feet from any Georgetown player with her arms out as if she’s guarding someone. Really? The only reason G’town is making shots is because the kids are WIDE open

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ha the poor Marquette assistant coach who has to wear that dorky headpiece with the camera.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There isnt a other friday games thread... so i'll slide it in here. In Colonial Action... my cougars of C of C pulled out a double OT win vs Bill and Mary 79-77. HuskyNan's Fighting Phoenix are down 57-40 at the end of the 3rd quarter to UNC-Wilmington. I call it the battle of Interstate 40.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I will say that Kovachikova kid for Georgetown is a pretty darn good shooter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There isnt a other friday games thread... so i'll slide it in here. In Colonial Action... my cougars of C of C pulled out a double OT win vs Bill and Mary 79-77. HuskyNan's Fighting Phoenix are down 57-40 at the end of the 3rd quarter to UNC-Wilmington. I call it the battle of Interstate 40.
Elon’s leading scorer/rebounder graduated. Smith apparently hasn’t done a good job recruiting a replacement

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elon’s leading scorer/rebounder graduated. Smith apparently hasn’t done a good job recruiting a replacement

The most talented expected returnee transferred in the off season to Middle Tennessee. The next best player torn her ACL in the season opener

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s 27-24 Marquette at the half. Marquette must have been playing out of their minds in Starkville

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The worst thing about Duke falling off the map is that I cant talk junk about other teams and conferences ... cause lawd knows i would have some things to say about the Big East Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom