Mark Gottfried out | The Boneyard

Mark Gottfried out

Reaction Score
SG. Rowan- SOPH. Big time shooter, would be a great addition.
SG. Dorin- SOPH. Transferred from Charlotte, nice perimeter game, similar to a Vital but quicker.
C. Abu- JR. Big time athlete, has been under utilized, big upside.
C- Yurtseven- FR. 7 footer, will have a tremendous career, strong rebounder and has good hands.

That's about it, Smith Jr. is going pro. Henderson and Anya are seniors.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Saw that NC state fired Gottfried. Do they have any commits that we were involved with? The first player I thought of was Abu, but I didn't realize he's a junior, probably too late to transfer.
their only incoming commit is an undersized SG who plays with MAL. Dropped 50 in a game last month.

Kid is from Raleigh I believe, so I doubt he re-opens his recruitment.

Reaction Score
We could reallyyy use a big next year, and I believe we were one of Abu's finalists....

Reaction Score
We could reallyyy use a big next year, and I believe we were one of Abu's finalists....
Gotta think if he's eligible to graduate and transfer he'd take it and that we'd be one of the tops of his list

Reaction Score
Jay Bills' strong defense of Gottfried demonstrates how less informed he is these days than he used to be.

Not only did the guy consistently underperform with the talent he had, but it was well-known around Raleigh that he was sleeping around with co-eds, which led to a pretty public divorce. All things considered, he just wasn't worth it for NC State.

Reaction Score
Sleeping w/ co-eds? Sounds like a familiar tale for this guy, pulled the same stunt at Alabama. What kind of vetting do these AD's go through...ridiculous! Now if we can only capitalize since he was a "slick" recruiter.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Sleeping w/ co-eds? Sounds like a familiar tale for this guy, pulled the same stunt at Alabama. What kind of vetting do these AD's go through...ridiculous! Now if we can only capitalize since he was a "slick" recruiter.
Maybe he was coaching the wrong team? Maybe he should coach the Lady Wolfpack?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jay Bills' strong defense of Gottfried demonstrates how less informed he is these days than he used to be.
That wasn't a strong defense of Gottfried, that was an accurate takedown of State's deluded fanbase.

Reaction Score
Gottfried is what he is. Kids love him, schools fans love him but he's only a decent coach at best. He will latch on somewhere and make them "okay"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom