Mark Few calls out Emmert | The Boneyard

Mark Few calls out Emmert

Reaction Score
Figure this was worth posting since we all love Emmert so much.

“I’m disappointed. I don’t think this is something the NCAA needs to take their time on,” he said. “There’s teams out here who are competing for Final Fours and national championships and they don’t need to stall this thing out. They need to make decisions and roll with it. I think that’s on Emmert. Emmert needs to step up and be a leader and make some quicker decisions.”

Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' in corruption investigation

Reaction Score
Probably one of the few big name coaches that will step up and say something because the rest are all implicated in this bs
Absolutely. Few recruits internationally, develops players and his system, spends the time on the program and the people. Doesn't sell out on the 1/done like the other faces of the game, even if some of them are from the Murinae family.

Then again, Emmert is just looking to milk this cycle for another year of eyes glued to the TV in March. Imagine the diminished value of the broadcasting rights (I'm sure the networks lawyered up) if no Kentucky, UNC, Kansas...Duke ?

Reaction Score
Emmert needs to step up and be a leader and make some quicker decisions.” [/I]

Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' in corruption investigation
That's the thing, you can't just *snap your fingers* and be a leader. Emmert isn't a leader and has done NOTHING to show he is capable of being one. In fact many instances show he is the opposite. More of a bully than anything else. With that type of position we can't wait for someone to be a leader, they already need to be one before even getting the job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's the thing, you can't just *snap your fingers* and be a leader. Emmert isn't a leader and has done NOTHING to show he is capable of being one. In fact many instances show he is the opposite. More of a bully than anything else. With that type of position we can't wait for someone to be a leader, they already need to be one before even getting the job.

Well, I think the University Presidents disagree w/ you. They just extended his contract to 2024.

Reaction Score
Emmert is the perfect Strawman and he will never upset the apple cart. The NCAA Presidents love the fact that he's political savvy (we're looking into it, investigating it.....yada....yada....yada) which give those Presidents just enough cover to help isolate themselves from the wrongdoing of their coaches. I guarantee you the NCAA will do nothing to Kansas, Arizona or Louisville or any of the other Universities implicated in the FBI investigation, just as it did nothing with UNC with the academic scandal or Duke with and the Myron Peggie/ Corey Maggette. This is perfectly acceptable to the P5 University Presidents. With Emmert at the helm, the NCAA is a politically savvy and spineless institution when it comes to the P5. It's going to take some major public or outside pressure to exact change and level the playing field.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever checked the amateurism of the 30 yr olds from Slovenia that Few brings in?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
When did Few say this -- before or after the Zags lost to Tennessee?
Thinking he wants that loss expunged before selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
When did Few say this -- before or after the Zags lost to Tennessee?
Thinking he wants that loss expunged before selection Sunday.
Ok? Someone had to say it. Few put his butt on the line and what he says is 100 percent true and I think there is a silent and growing minority who are nodding their heads in agreement but Few has started it, possibly put a target on his back but at least started it. Hopefully it encourages others to speak out.

Reaction Score
“There’s two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true,” Few said. “And there’s a lot of teams who do it right – the national champions two out of the last three years. There’s a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving.”

A direct call out to UNC here by Few. Zaga plays @ UNC next.

Reaction Score
“There’s two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true,” Few said. “And there’s a lot of teams who do it right – the national champions two out of the last three years. There’s a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving.”

Aren't we the "4th year" why did he stop? LOL

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Oh no, this can't be good, does this mean we get banned again?

Reaction Score

I was thinking something similar when I read that. But then I reconsidered and thought instead of calling out UNC as cheaters he's using this to call out Villanova as not cheating, without saying their name.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Two crap years
The Colorado year
and the year before that we did not make the Tourney after we won it all

Reaction Score
This is where the NCAA stands now on the federal cases involving college basketball | NCAA.com

>>Gonzaga coach Mark Few expressed disappointment that the NCAA's investigation of the federal corruption trials hasn’t sped up punishment for teams named in court and media reports.

He’s not alone. A number of coaches have echoed Few’s sentiment. Few said he is one voice among many who share his frustration.

The NCAA’s enforcement division and NCAA President Mark Emmert actually share those concerns and would love to see the process move faster, too. But it cannot.<<

>>The NCAA is not set up in any way like a professional sports organization. There are no provisions for the national office to suddenly, arbitrarily judge that violations have occurred, let alone impose sanctions. Violations and penalties for schools are determined by a membership committee (yes, that means representatives from the schools) called the Committee on Infractions. Of course, this happens after the enforcement division, made up of NCAA staff, investigates potential violations.<<

>>“I am an ally,’’ said Few. “I think President Emmert has done a really good job of navigating this enormous organization through some of the most complicated issues that have arisen in these modern times that we never foresaw being at odds with the current NCAA model. I commend him for that.

“But I wanted to make sure that at this very important time in our history in college basketball that we stood up and fought for it,’’ said Few. “I totally understand that the NCAA is hamstrung by the process. What I was trying to suggest was that in dire circumstances you’ve probably got to alter the process.’<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom