Marisa Moseley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marisa Moseley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rizotti, as an Asst. and Head Coach for USA Basketball is involved and helps develop a lot of young talent from around the country. UConn grad, National Champion, head of her own successful program , people involved with basketball know who she is.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I think Jennifer is the choice if CD doesn't want it.. If CD wants it , Case Closed....... Jennifer has the connections and Head Coaching experience. Shea and Marissa are good possible candidates as well. Bottom line though I think Connecticut would pretty much stay in house and close to home in any search.

But why worry about that now, that is 10 years away.

Seems to me that UConn, desiring to continue the many years of women's basketball excellence, would want someone who knows Geno Auriemma's recruiting and coaching system inside and out, which seems to be the best in the business. Although Jen Rizzotti played at UConn, she hasn't exactly been on top of Geno's system recently and hasn't exactly been the most successful head coach in America. I would think it would be CD or either Shea Ralph or Marissa Moseley because they all know and are part of the Auriemma coaching realm. Of course, it would depend, in part, on when Geno left or retired.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think Sue Bird is the most intriguing choice among all of the UConn alumnae. I don't see Diana as a coach -- I doubt that she could communicate how to play to someone with a lot less talent that she had (just like Willie Mays and Ted Williams couldn't teach hitting, and Sandy Koufax couldn't teach pitching).

I think Sue and Jenn are the two most likely to approximate Geno's encyclopedic knowledge of the X's and O's of the game -- I'm not sure that Shea or Marisa could ever do that. Of the two, I would think Sue would be on a different level because she has seen all that international, WNBA, and Olympic basketball -- quite a different level than America East.

Having seen clips of Sue chewing out Lauren Jackson during Seattle timeouts, I think she could handle the challenge-and-discipline aspect of the game as well as Jenn or anyone else. She certainly would not be intimidated by anyone's talent level.

Also, recruits know her name and her reputation, and (while they know Jenn's also) I suspect that they will be more impressed (perhaps awed) by Sue's accomplishments.

Last but not least (actually it is least), she presents a very eye-friendly public image for at least 50% of the potential audience!

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that CD will leave with Geno. Who the new coach will be, not sure. But I think it will be a former UConn player.

Reaction Score
DT will not move into the college ranks as a head coach. There are too many things to manage on the technical side of things including NCAA compliance.
I should have added some emoticons. I don't really think DT would want to be a coach.

I do think when it does come time to find a new head coach it will have to be someone who will demand things be done the right way, who is intense and has high expectations of themselves and the team. A little sarcasm might be good to. We wouldn't want fans of certain other programs to start liking the coach. Not sure about the sarcasm bit, but next to Geno (and CD) I think Shea is the most intense assistant coach Geno has had on staff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let's see where Jeff W is when the time comes in the far, far distant future....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom