Maria Taylor on SEC Network says SC is #1 team in nation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maria Taylor on SEC Network says SC is #1 team in nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So she is like Carolyn Peck... a No one?!?!?!?

As for missing out? Nahhhhh Give me Stacey Hansmeyer any day of the week

Carolyn Peck coached a team to a national championship - that automatically makes her not a no one in my book (although is amusing that her best player, Stephanie White, is now also a color commentator and coach and arguably better than Peck at both).

Looks like Taylor was a minor someone in volleyball, All-SEC freshman team, 2x 2nd team All-SEC, led Georgia in kills 3 straight years. Whereas she played 1 year of basketball at Georgia and averaged less than 2 ppg, from what I could dig up.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's her JOB!

Yes and no. This is one small part of her job. The most high-profile thing she does is football sideline reporting, so I'd bet that's where the bulk of her study time goes.

And anyhow, there's almost no way of doing 4 hours of whiparound without making a mistake or three. If the worst anyone can say is that she misspoke once and said that SC was #1 instead of #2, that's pretty darn good.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck coached a team to a national championship - that automatically makes her not a no one in my book (although is amusing that her best player, Stephanie White, is now also a color commentator and coach and arguably better than Peck at both).

Looks like Taylor was a minor someone in volleyball, All-SEC freshman team, 2x 2nd team All-SEC, led Georgia in kills 3 straight years. Whereas she played 1 year of basketball at Georgia and averaged less than 2 ppg, from what I could dig up.
But she looked pretty good doing it! And she's got a great personality!!!!
And for the record, Steph White is exceptional at both coaching a commentating!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Since Maria played for our 2nd biggest rival, in most sports (Georgia), I doubt she would intentionally give the Gamecocks props about anything.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So she is like Carolyn Peck... a No one?!?!?!?

As for missing out? Nahhhhh Give me Stacey Hansmeyer any day of the week
I like that we are making progress. Now you know who she is and I know what you like!
Are you not wearing your glasses by any chance? Carolyn Peck????? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom