Maria Taylor on SEC Network says SC is #1 team in nation | The Boneyard

Maria Taylor on SEC Network says SC is #1 team in nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something, is there a poll where SC got voted #1?? I was watching that whip around coverage on the SEC Network tonight and Maria Taylor in the studio with Fortner & Landers. said: "And our last game of the night, South Carolina at Vanderbilt. Let's get it out to Nashville and the number one team in the Nation".

What's up with that?

Reaction Score
hahahahahahaha! she obviously doesn't know anything about wcbb... or it's wishful thinking!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something, is there a poll where SC got voted #1?? I was watching that whip around coverage on the SEC Network tonight and Maria Taylor in the studio with Fortner & Landers. said: "And our last game of the night, South Carolina at Vanderbilt. Let's get it out to Nashville and the number one team in the Nation".

What's up with that?

On who's poll are they #1 ??? She either didn't take her medication this morning, or she made an honest gaff. Like last year when USCe was #1, UConn could not / did not claim the #1 rank until AFTER they beat USCe. The same holds true for THIS YEAR!!! If USCe wants to hold up one finger (index, not the other one), they need to defeat UConn first!!! :cool:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
On who's poll are they #1 ??? She either didn't take her medication this morning, or she made an honest gaff. Like last year when USCe was #1, UConn could not / did not claim the #1 rank until AFTER they beat USCe. The same holds true for THIS YEAR!!! If USCe wants to hold up one finger (index, not the other one), they need to defeat UConn first!!! :cool:

I heard her do an update and she now said "The number 2 team in the Nation" , so I presume SOMEBODY pointed it out to her.

Reaction Score
Vandy is tied with South Carolina at half at 31 points. Is there some SEC rule where you're not allowed to break 60 points? I'll give the SEC this much, they certainly do have parity.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Give her a break.... it was an honest mistake. We fans of the sport know who the number one team is. No need to bring out the pitchforks..

Well , was it an honest mistake or what they call a "Freudian" slip?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Vanderbilt is usually a close game for us. It's probably my least favorite team to play besides Kentucky (we play them twice, yay).. Both teams are difficult to put away unless your hitting inside and outside, and tonight SC's body language reads lethargic.

I'll be happy with a win tonight. Point differential be darn.

Reaction Score
Why is SC struggling tonight? I've been told time and time again how great their posts are and they will be tough to match up with. Seems impossible they'd be struggling...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Why is SC struggling tonight? I've been told time and time again how great their posts are and they will be tough to match up with. Seems impossible they'd be struggling...

Low energy, we refuse to be interested in this game. Vandy is collapsing in the paint, double/triple teaming our posts. Our guards refuse to shoot outside shots tonight, they'd rather pass the ball around the perimeter (even with the defender 10 feet away) and force the ball inside. Dawn is being very conservative tonight = an ugly game.

We're not a team that's going to blow every inferior team away. We're just not. Unfortunately, it will catch up to this team (it's usually Kentucky but this game looks RIPE for upset). Your hearing it from a fan. We will go through the motions, often.

HGN

Reaction Score
SC just might be the #1 team in the country.........Post 2016. :rolleyes: SC is very big and talented. But they have yet to prove that they are anything else except big and talented. They certainly have not proved that they are #1.

UConn has proved that they are talented and 10 times Champions. And that they are the true #1.

Reaction Score

What's up with that?
Can't believe Fortner or Landers didn't call bull$%^& on that comment...so much for journalistic integrity...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

What's up with that?
Vanderbilt's not that good.

Reaction Score
Maybe she believes that the SEC actually is the WCBB nation. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads