Maria Conlon, Ashley Battle, and Meg Culmo in joint venture | The Boneyard

Maria Conlon, Ashley Battle, and Meg Culmo in joint venture

Reaction Score
Thanks Nan for finding this, thanks to Uconn and the ladies the develop. Mostly thanks to Maria, Meghan, Ashley. As the Dad to a flock of girls, no Uconn talent among them, I'm pleased that Connecticut adults are "giving" back. I spent years in 4 H with girls doing all the things girls "couldn't do". (There isn't a darn thing they can't do). I hope Maria, my favorite Uconn player (now along side of Caroline), is successful in this endeavor. She is now and always has been a successful person.

Reaction Score
Proofreaders? We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders. What's the deal now, dictate to a computer and hope? That works really well, doesn't it.
Good story, though. Wish them all success.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Sites like that one monitor algorithms, steal articles, and then they cash in on ad revenue after they’ve often translated them into another language and retranslated them back into English.

Here is Maggie Vanoni’s original article.

ETA: Google “content scraping” if you want to learn more.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sites like that one monitor algorithms, steal articles, and then they cash in on ad revenue after they’ve often translated them into another language and retranslated them back into English.

and hear is the Paige Paragraph (with proper spelling by the original author)

“Sometimes they’re a little shocked because I don’t even think they were born when we played and when you look at it that way, they have no idea who we are,” Battle said with a laugh when asked whether the players ask about their UConn days. “It is so weird. I’m like, ‘They don’t know us.’ The only person they know is Paige (Bueckers).”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Yes and the other sites are behind pay walls

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yes and the other sites are behind pay walls
Can I ask, ethically, what the difference is between posting the stolen “free” article versus copying and pasting large portions for people to read? It’s not like posting from a secondary news source that paid for the rights…

And I’m not trying to be crappy, it just seems like it’s two sides of the same coin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom