Margo is feeling good | The Boneyard

Margo is feeling good

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She says the Tennessee program is in its best place since the 2007-08 championship season.

Reaction Score
I suspect she's right. Though they haven't played a particularly rigorous schedule of late, Tennessee, sans DD, is playing like a motivated team. Not that surprised that they're ranked in the top dozen now. Perhaps without their center of negativity, they will live up to their talent level this year.

Reaction Score
I LOVE Margo, or, as I call her, given my New Orleans orientation, Margeaux. I love her passion and her enthusiasm, and I'm relatively indifferent to the Lady Vol hatred that populates our Board. Most of all, even though she presents herself in a way that folks like to caricature, she has a good basketball mind. Sometimes her passion and fandom obscures her vision of reality, as, I suspect, U Texas will make clear, but she's hard to beat for overall entertainment value.

Reaction Score
I LOVE Margo, or, as I call her, given my New Orleans orientation, Margeaux. I love her passion and her enthusiasm, and I'm relatively indifferent to the Lady Vol hatred that populates our Board. Most of all, even though she presents herself in a way that folks like to caricature, she has a good basketball mind. Sometimes her passion and fandom obscures her vision of reality, as, I suspect, U Texas will make clear, but she's hard to beat for overall entertainment value.
I like to tweek the Fan base of many teams not Uconn--I believe I have one constant: I have great regard for fans of all teams speaking highly of their team. Fans are suppose to support their team--almost to the point "my team --right or wrong"

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope the scheduling god's put them in our bracket.
It really defies the odds that in the 10 years since the UConn-Tenn series was canceled in 2007, not once have they been placed in the same region or met in the Final Four.

In four of those years (2008, 2010, 2011, 2014), both were #1 seeds and could have only met in the Final Four. 2008 was the year when it came closest to happening, when UConn lost to Stanford in the national semifinal before Stanford lost to Tennessee in the final. Of course, that was the last time Tennessee reached a Final Four.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did they have a Championship ? Did they play the Greeks or the Trojans?
Well, they're about to play the Trojans of Troy tomorrow. Does that count?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tenn's schedule has been very light and with all the freshmen that has been a wise move. I suspect they are overrated by about 10 positions in the rankings by the AP. Margo I appreciate, but there are times she drinks the cool aid and that is not a good look for her, which was much if not most of last season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I like this team. I like these freshman. I think they are going to be real good. Westbrook has a nice game. Her passing ability is one of the best I've seen for a freshman. I think the future is bright. When these freshman become sophomores and next class comes in.

Last edited:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I think they are better than last year. At least this year they've beaten the teams they are supposed to without too much trouble. As the season goes on, other teams will get better and the coaches will develop their players - will that happen at TN? We will see...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just discovered the source of Gabby's migraines--she must have watched a Margo video. It happens to me all the time! ;)

Reaction Score
I just discovered the source of Gabby's migraines--she must have watched a Margo video. It happens to me all the time! ;)
I'm a bit confused with all the postings on Touly, Gabby, KLS, manager joe, Sally the floor sweeper, etc---which one has which aliment ?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Their schedule has been softer than a baby's cheek. Let's hope the losses come when they start playing decent teams.

Reaction Score
I love Margo. TN /TX has got to be one of the longest lived intrastate rivalries in WBB history. I could be wrong, but I believe we've been on each other's schedules year in year out since like the early 80's, mainly because of Pat and Jody's mutual respect and friendship. I expect a very close game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I love Margo. TN /TX has got to be one of the longest lived intrastate rivalries in WBB history. I could be wrong, but I believe we've been on each other's schedules year in year out since like the early 80's, mainly because of Pat and Jody's mutual respect and friendship. I expect a very close game.
Please no. After Baylor went to Knoxville last year and put on an epic beatdown, we can't have the Longhorns barely getting by in a squeaker, or god forbid losing!

I was curious about the Texas-Tennessee series, so I looked it up and you're right. Starting in December 1982, the Real UT and the ugly orange imposters have played at least once per season every year since. The series stands at 23-15 in Tennessee's favor.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am excited about this team. I see some good things. This team shares the ball. Guards who can penetrate a defense and get inside. Team chemistry is better. I think this team has a lot of potential.Now the competition steps up with Texas. Interesting to see how this team handles that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom