Margo is feeling good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Margo is feeling good

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am excited about this team. I see some good things. This team shares the ball. Guards who can penetrate a defense and get inside. Team chemistry is better. I think this team has a lot of potential.Now the competition steps up with Texas. Interesting to see how this team handles that.
I’m actually hoping to see an improved TN this season, but I have to say it’s difficult to evaluate an 8-0 team who’s played only 1 ranked team (Marquette) who they beat in OT, and who subsequently fell out of the top 25.

Reaction Score
It really defies the odds that in the 10 years since the UConn-Tenn series was canceled in 2007, not once have they been placed in the same region or met in the Final Four.

In four of those years (2008, 2010, 2011, 2014), both were #1 seeds and could have only met in the Final Four. 2008 was the year when it came closest to happening, when UConn lost to Stanford in the national semifinal before Stanford lost to Tennessee in the final. Of course, that was the last time Tennessee reached a Final Four.
IMHO, there is no question why TN has never been in UConn's bracket. And despite the passage of a great deal of time, I'd bet that even if it looked reasonable to place them there, it won't happen this year, either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
IMHO, there is no question why TN has never been in UConn's bracket. And despite the passage of a great deal of time, I'd bet that even if it looked reasonable to place them there, it won't happen this year, either.

Please explain. I would think getting any buzz would be desirable and TN/UConn would definitely get buzz. I am not saying to force it but if it happens organically, why not?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Coach talking about this team and tonight's game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tenn's schedule has been very light and with all the freshmen that has been a wise move. I suspect they are overrated by about 10 positions in the rankings by the AP. Margo I appreciate, but there are times she drinks the cool aid and that is not a good look for her, which was much if not most of last season.
Light, that's an understatement. More like cupcake city baby. The freshmen are probably putting on their Freshmen Fifteen from all the sugar.

E. Tennessee St? James Madison? Central Arkansas? Alabama St? And Troy tonight? They've only played 1 ranked team, Marquette who isn't even ranked anymore.

They are gonna need Wilfred Brimley as a mascot pretty soon.

Reaction Score
I agree with her although they haven’t played anybody that good, they would’ve lost by now and surely would’ve lost any close game. I think they’ll give Texas a good game. I don’t believe Texas is as good as advertised until Joyner Holmes returns.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Light, that's an understatement. More like cupcake city baby. The freshmen are probably putting on their Freshmen Fifteen from all the sugar.

E. Tennessee St? James Madison? Central Arkansas? Alabama St? And Troy tonight? They've only played 1 ranked team, Marquette who isn't even ranked anymore.

James Madison gave Florida State A tough game. South Carolina played Alabama State. Texas A&M plays Central Arkansas on Saturday

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Please explain. I would think getting any buzz would be desirable and TN/UConn would definitely get buzz. I am not saying to force it but if it happens organically, why not?
I've always thought it was a conspiracy to protect Pat and her legacy from having to be eliminated in the tourney by Geno's program. Just like Geno used to gripe that he was constantly set up in the brackets against other male coaches to hopefully eliminate them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
James Madison gave Florida State A tough game. South Carolina played Alabama State. Texas A&M plays Central Arkansas on Saturday
3139027.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've always thought it was a conspiracy to protect Pat and her legacy from having to be eliminated in the tourney by Geno's program. Just like Geno used to gripe that he was constantly set up in the brackets against other male coaches to hopefully eliminate them.

Interesting.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

The other thing about Tennessee's schedule thus far is that they have yet to play a true road game. They've played 5 home games and 3 in Cancun. And their next two games are at home as well. That's more than a third of their entire regular season without stepping foot in an opponent's gym.

Reaction Score
I always love Margo and her input.... Especially love her enthusiasm and attitude.... She is a true fan.....

Some of her points she is bang on with.... very astute on x's and o's of basketball

Other times on occasion, she presses the pedal hard on fandom and is overly optimistic.....

Have only seen 2 LV games so far this year.... and see offensive ball movement a bit better than in past few yrs.....

I still say for anyone to hear that a yardarm will not be crossed and a watershed with not be seen without coaching ..... particularly the fundamentals.... which maybe I see and others do not... I dunno...

Reaction Score
This year’s light schedule of home games against less talented teams is by design. We needed time to work in four freshmen (Davis, Hayes, Kushkituah, and Westbrook) and a RS junior JUCO post (Green). With only 5 returning players (two starters) and no returning point guard these new players had to immediately make major contributions. The light schedule has given the Lady Vols time to work them into the rotation. And the freshmen have stepped up. Examples: Hayes is the No. 3 player in the Nation (this week) in getting to the free throw line. She is also the fastest player I have seen at Tennessee, including Bobbit. Westbrook has embraced the starting point guard role and is becoming a proficient ball distributor and reader of defenses, and Davis has a couple of double-doubles and SEC Freshman of the week under her belt. Green is a rebounding machine.

Cupcake time is over. We face Texas this Sunday and Stanford and Kentucky on the road this month. Then the SEC season that includes home-and-home games with SC and TAMU.

I won’t make a prediction for Sunday’s game with Texas except to say that some shade of orange will win the game. I am just going to sit back and enjoy what will be a very good game no matter how it ends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom