March Madness Day 3 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

March Madness Day 3

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
they were above average in 3pt shooting today

Buffalo did not defend the three all that well. Which is surprising, because they couldn't stop UK driving. You would think they would lock down one of those things.

Reaction Score
all aboard the Porter Moser bandwagon, now leaving the gate. I heard he once texted a friend of Jeff Calhoun so there is a connection.

Reaction Score
Buffalo did not defend the three all that well. Which is surprising, because they couldn't stop UK driving. You would think they would lock down one of those things.

I think they couldn't defend the 3 because they couldn't defend the driving. So many kickouts from Alexander. The kid was unstoppable and the D kept collapsing.

Reaction Score
Agree. All 3's are not created equal, and while I think Villanova is too dependent on 3's, they do get a lot of good looks, and take a lot of high percentage shots. I rarely feel like Villanova is forcing it.
Villanova gets good looks and they have 5 or 6 players who can make them. They don't rely on 1 or 2 guys. They can also go inside although there was no need to in this game. Their defense is outstanding and their rebounding is adequate. All teams can be beaten but Nova is my pick win it all.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I think the issue is that UK shot better than normal/how UB thought or hoped.

They def couldn’t stop the attacking. I didn’t pay enough close attention to detail in the first but when I was watching, they weren’t hounding the guards like against U of A.

Maybe the refs calling fouls on the perimeter ball handlers limited their ability to disrupt. But they were often quicker or stronger than AZ guards, not the case against UK.

Reaction Score
Guess that’s why we wanted Diallo. It’s funny but one player like that would have easily been enough to save KO’s job IMO, and Duke and Kentucky have 10 of them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I do not understand the two early games with no competing game, now there are three at once. Just stupid by CBS. This isn’t college football season, Saturdays are wide open.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Loyola Chicago up nicely on Tennessee. The chosen Cinderella finds that the slippers fit.

Kansas playing “ok” against Seton Hall. Need better shooting.

OSU vs Gonzaga may be the best game of the day. Should be tight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Villanova gets good looks and they have 5 or 6 players who can make them. They don't rely on 1 or 2 guys. They can also go inside although there was no need to in this game. Their defense is outstanding and their rebounding is adequate. All teams can be beaten but Nova is my pick win it all.

Legit to start thinking that Jay Wright is a top tier coach. He's been at this for 24 years. If he does 40 years like JC, at the pace Wright's at now, he'll top 1,000 wins.

Wasn't all that long ago we used to dump on the guy. I think he's reached the point where he's as good as K, and does it without the McD's AAs that K has (since 2001, Wright's had 6, K's had 19).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Legit to start thinking that Jay Wright is a top tier coach. He's been at this for 24 years. If he does 40 years like JC, at the pace Wright's at now, he'll top 1,000 wins.

Wasn't all that long ago we used to dump on the guy. I think he's reached the point where he's as good as K, and does it without the McD's AAs that K has (since 2001, Wright's had 6, K's had 19).

I think he’s the best coach in the college game right now. He’s adapted, while the fossils like Roy, K, and Izzo largely rely on just having the best players. Wright’s offense is a thing of beauty, and the D is solid.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Loyola....Jesus can’t catch, or make layups it free throws down the stretch. Still one stop from winning.

Reaction Score
Man what a finish

They brought an actual Cinderella

th

Reaction Score
Never trust Tennessee in this tourney. Ever.

What a shot by that kid on Loyola - Ray Allen-esque with the rim bounce.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Terrible look. Great shot.

Reaction Score
Man what a finish

They brought an actual Cinderella

th

Usually, I find the "story" of most of the "Cinderellas" to be pretty lame. But this one is freaking awesome. The fact that she prays for good officiating with the team, emails each player, and produces a scouting report for the coach is the most awesome-y awesome thing ever. As much as CBB has lost some of its way, story's like this rekindle just how much I love this time of year.

Reaction Score
Lol watching the Gonzaga-OSU game and there's a Killian Tillie on Gonzaga they call Killy Tilly?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom