March Madness 2nd Round - Special Monday Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

March Madness 2nd Round - Special Monday Edition

Reaction Score
Want Iowa and Maryland to loose. Just clean house of most of the B1G teams ibefore the Sweet 16. I will always cheer for our conference as it helps the perception of UConn. LSU-Michigan could be interesting. Alabama’s athleticism and 3-point shooters will be way too much for Maryland. That game will be a blow out and will also show what UConn lacks. Fun having these games on a Monday
Agree w this. I want the fraudulent B1G to get totally exposed.....which is completely happening thus far. Would love to see them go 0 for the Sweet 16.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'That's the classic definition of the south. But I think most people associate anything north of D.C as culturally Northeast nowadays. Maryland and D.C have far more in common with the North today than with the South (see: Northeast Megalopolis as one such example)'
l have family cultural memories connected to the swamp going back to the days when the bearded and big hat guy, all world stretch four, was large and in charge.
all them places, silver springs, rockville, frederick, were an early 'we're movin to a new cornfield subdivision in some place called ...'
the quick story - 'so that's what happens when you add lawyers, bankers, and paper pushers to a formerly mellow place - it becomes new yak city!'
byebye, south jersey (the garden state!). it's been nice knowing ya, and ur blueberries and tomatoes were a thing of beauty. but hey, now that all the hay and grain, little electronics shops, deere supply places, sporting goods and haberdashery places are now starbucks, shrink and nutritionist joints, foofoo pizzarias and such, well....

apparently, even the mention for the phrase 'big ten' triggers me. i'll have to work on that, and take my leave now before i screw up another legit thread...
my apologies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Creighton and Villanova have the easiest paths to the Sweet Sixteen.....Both will have only had to have beaten a 12 seed and a 13 seed to make the Sweet Sixteen...

They certainly were lucky in the bracketing.

Reaction Score
Will St John's claim a S16 with Oregon advancing like Rutgers has with UConn NBA $ earned?

Reaction Score
That's the classic definition of the south. But I think most people associate anything north of D.C as culturally Northeast nowadays. Maryland and D.C have far more in common with the North today than with the South (see: Northeast Megalopolis as one such example)
As someone who grew up in the Bridgeport area and now lives in Northern Virginia, I can testify to that

Reaction Score
I'll root for Creighton today vs Ohio. Sure we're pissed at them but the BEast needs more than just Nova in the Sweet 16.
These games are for conference money , shared by all . Rooting against your conference is pretty self defeating. The Big East as a basketball only conference has been using the tourney as a revenue stream
and we certainly could use the money.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m actually torn. As much as I hate Mick, it would be awesome if he won the title in his second season and first tournament away from Cincinnati

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Creighton taking a lot of midrange shots. A little surprising for that team.

Edit: Ohio is really bad defensively. I think Virginia had some Covid issues to lose to them.

Reaction Score
If Creighton plays at their ceiling they could give Gonzaga a run for their money.

Reaction Score
Creighton dominated the latter side of the first half. They look sharp. 15 point lead at the break.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Creighton has missed a lot of wide open shots, or this lead could be bigger. I don't get how Ohio won a first round game with a defense this bad.

Reaction Score
Ohio is screwed. They let CU get a fat lead. That's going to give CU the comfort to start shooting even more 3s and run them out of the gym. Great game so far.

GO CREIGHTON

Reaction Score
Creighton has missed a lot of wide open shots, or this lead could be bigger. I don't get how Ohio won a first round game with a defense this bad.
Because it's Virginia.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How did Texas lose to Abilene Christian? UCLA has been pounding them from the beginning. This looks like a 1/16 game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

UVA doesn’t seem to play offense. They won a NC with a bad offensive team (so did we).

Creighton is cruising and that is good. The two Big East teams will get to play the two best teams in the tournament. If Michigan was at full strength they might be in that discussion.

I am bummed that the KU game is so late. Ugh. No morning meetings thank God.

Reaction Score
UVA doesn’t seem to play offense. They won a NC with a bad offensive team (so did we).

Creighton is cruising and that is good. The two Big East teams will get to play the two best teams in the tournament. If Michigan was at full strength they might be in that discussion.

I am bummed that the KU game is so late. Ugh. No morning meetings thank God.
The year they won the national championship Virginia was #2 in the country in offensive efficiency

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder what kind of futures you can get on an LSU title that is vacated within 3 years.

Their first round game being vacated is paying 1 to 4.

I am going to have fun with the Big 10 being terrible. Michigan is down 7 to the G league team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom