Marc Damelio | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marc Damelio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My 16 year old son has followed them for a while now. He tells me they have 'no talent whatsoever' but they are extremely popular (obviously), and this is the world we live in now, so good for them.

Reaction Score
I would love to know what the terms of our contract with them is (sorry but 98% sure we are paying them - This guy didn't rediscover his UConn fandom out of the goodness of his heart and make his daughters come along for the ride - everything is opportunity cost for them).

To be clear I think it's a great strategy as everyone else here has said - but it's very likely a marketing expense. Maybe Marc gave UConn an alumni friends and family discount.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Apparently now.
Embrace it.

My 15-soon-to-be-16-year old daughter started calling my wife "girl' recently, and then she tried it out on me.

Once.

But she's been following these girls, and TikTok, for as long as they've been a thing.

If they can interest her in attending UConn, I am a fan for life.

Reaction Score
Marc is a fraternity brother of mine who completed his last two years of undergrad in Storrs. He’s a legit fan who had court side Gampel seats prior to things blowing up on Tik Tok. Recently joined a group that bought Mitchell and Ness, along with JayZ, Michael Rubin (Fanatics, 76ers) Maverick Carter and others. That should probably bring more visibility to the program.

Reaction Score
Embrace it.

My 15-soon-to-be-16-year old daughter started calling my wife "girl' recently, and then she tried it out on me.

Once.

But she's been following these girls, and TikTok, for as long as they've been a thing.

If they can interest her in attending UConn, I am a fan for life.
My 18 year old (soon to be 19) daughter calls us 'bruh' whenever we do or say something she doesn't agree with....I think it's funny

Reaction Score
Marc is a fraternity brother of mine who completed his last two years of undergrad in Storrs. He’s a legit fan who had court side Gampel seats prior to things blowing up on Tik Tok. Recently joined a group that bought Mitchell and Ness, along with JayZ, Michael Rubin (Fanatics, 76ers) Maverick Carter and others. That should probably bring more visibility to the program.

Saw that - Really hope they start doing UConn throwback jerseys.

Reaction Score
I've had Pepe's pizza with Marc Damelio. Fact.

Marc has been a UConn basketball fan for over 3 decades. I don't see the "talent" that makes both of his daughters a big deal, but then again I am an old guy.

Reaction Score
I would love to know what the terms of our contract with them is (sorry but 98% sure we are paying them - This guy didn't rediscover his UConn fandom out of the goodness of his heart and make his daughters come along for the ride - everything is opportunity cost for them).

To be clear I think it's a great strategy as everyone else here has said - but it's very likely a marketing expense. Maybe Marc gave UConn an alumni friends and family discount.
The guy is going to be one of our biggest donors and widely known public supporters. There isn't any evidence that he just randomly decided to start liking UConn basketball, he just wasn't a public figure before so no one knew who he was. He's good to have on our side.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s not hard to understand. Kids used to watch half hour sitcoms. They’d wait until Friday night at 8:30, sit in front of the TV and wait 22 minutes of episode for Urkel to say his tag line.

Kids don’t watch tv or absorb content like that. It’s archaic. Now these influencers put out a video or two a day and like someone mentioned, some even team up in one house together. And they put out content that you’re kids watch every single day more than once. Dance routines, fashion stuff, pranks. No worse than the horrible sitcom scripts we watched.
And they can share it, getting an immediate response and more views raising their internet presence. Stuff getting share raises the value of the original content since it increases its views.

Reaction Score
The guy is going to be one of our biggest donors and widely known public supporters. There isn't any evidence that he just randomly decided to start liking UConn basketball, he just wasn't a public figure before so no one knew who he was. He's good to have on our side.
He didn’t. He’s been a legit fan for a long time. DJd at Huskies, was well known around campus, was our social chairman at Sig Ep. He bleeds blue for sure.

Reaction Score
Apologies for saying he rediscovered his UConn fandom - sounds like that was not true. It's more the social media presence - it seemed to start right around when Mora was hired and now has carried into basketball season. There is nothing wrong with what he is doing and I think it's great for the university.

Reaction Score
Not familiar with the daughters but did see a news clip about how popular they are with the millions of followers on TikTok and that UCONN Basketball were their favorite teams. I guess the publicity can't hurt.

Reaction Score
Apologies for saying he rediscovered his UConn fandom - sounds like that was not true. It's more the social media presence - it seemed to start right around when Mora was hired and now has carried into basketball season. There is nothing wrong with what he is doing and I think it's great for the university.
One thing that I think cannot be discounted is how hated Edsall was. I know my dad and some of my dad's friends hated him for the way he handled himself and stopped supporting the program. But now I am seeing alot of people buy back in to UConn just because Mora seems like a decent human

Reaction Score
He didn’t. He’s been a legit fan for a long time. DJd at Huskies, was well known around campus, was our social chairman at Sig Ep. He bleeds blue for sure.
Same here. Knew him well at UConn and were SigEp brothers. He was always driven and had some business sense even as a student (at least if you could call MC Hammer “Can’t Touch This” rush tees business sense) Haven’t stayed in touch but regularly saw him at Big East tourney games at MSG. He still stays in touch with at least one of our friends who lives out in LA. No doubt a legit UConn fan.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yes apparently die hard UConn fans exist outside the Boneyard - its not an easy concept to understand.

My teen daughter was always telling me about him and his daughters being UConn fans since last year... great for the attention.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Do we have enough alumni and fan support in LA for a watch party?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes apparently die hard UConn fans exist outside the Boneyard - its not an easy concept to understand.
Somebody has to buy game tickets!

Reaction Score
Same here. Knew him well at UConn and were SigEp brothers. He was always driven and had some business sense even as a student (at least if you could call MC Hammer “Can’t Touch This” rush tees business sense) Haven’t stayed in touch but regularly saw him at Big East tourney games at MSG. He still stays in touch with at least one of our friends who lives out in LA. No doubt a legit UConn fan.
Pooh,

Tried to write you privately, send me a message.

DB

Reaction Score

Mora and UCONN football needed the big boost he gave - at precisely the timing he showed up. All good. Gets to what DB called ... Charisma. Needed to get the stakeholders in our sports brand excited again; particularly to go to football this Fall.

Reaction Score
Dixie is actually going on tour this summer, trying to leverage her Tik Tok fame into a music career.

Reaction Score
Do we have enough alumni and fan support in LA for a watch party?

McGinty's Santa Monica in 1990. WE had a significant group watching Clemson v UConn on one day. Another significant gathering (think it was Saint Patrick's Day) watching Cal get stomped by us. I don't know how we connected originally with no internet; but the turnout was significant and fun.

there. significant 3 times in a short para

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How do we know he’s not on The Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom