Manuel to serve on council of ADs | The Boneyard

Manuel to serve on council of ADs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per ESPN:

NCAA president Mark Emmert told the Wall Street Journal's Rachel Bachman this past weekend that he would form a council of 10 athletic directors who would meet regularly with NCAA brass starting in July.

The names making up that group of 10 were unveiled Tuesday, with the paper reporting that UConn's Warde Manuel is among them.

Manuel will be joined by Kentucky's Mitch Barnhart, San Jose State's Gene Bleymaier, Arizona's Greg Byrne, Kansas State's John Currie, Central Michigan's Dave Heeke, Clemson's Dan Radakovich, Ohio State's Gene Smith, Peter Fields at Division I-AA Montana State and Peg Bradley-Doppes at Division I-AAA Denver (the non-football division), the paper reports.

Emmert said that he wanted to further empower athletic directors, who are closest to the day-to-day operations of college sports, but whose voices have seemingly been minimized with presidents making key decisions.

The group certainly seems like a strong start, with a diverse contingent featuring ADs from every BCS conference, the MAC, the WAC and two lower divisions.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
How about instead of waisting the schools time and doing a whole lot of nothing at this stupid mother frucking event, wardes sits his fat asz down in the office hair we supplied him when he signed a deal to be AD at uconn and he figures out why every mother frucking thing about this schools athletic department sucks right now. Then frucking fix it.

Fruck this stupid conference thing. It's a jackasz council for a excuse to go on summer vacation. Go have some drinks and pretend to network. No one cares and it in no way helps uconn. Fruck! I want to beat this giant jerk with a old school metal 2 tone umbrella that has the vice to hook to a lawn chair, to his death he sucks so much. Don't worry guys, title 9 is fun to talk about with rainbows and unicorns and teddy bears.

This group of ads is a death wish. A bunch of clowns and gene smith who should not be given a clown title out of respect for everyone else. When KST and uk and az ads help us into there confs, ill stick a car axle up my asz. Oh god a d2 school is there at the meetings. Hope we ask him how much the entry fee to his league is because we need to start saving up for it right now.

Yell it loud with me

WHAT
THE
FFFFFFFFFFFF
UUUUUUUUUUUUU
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Reaction Score
SJSU is now the MWC, not WAC. The WAC doesn't sponsor football anymore.

A good start - hopefully this will stop all those stupid recruiting rule changes being approved and revoked immediately.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So it would have been better if the Cinci AD was in and Warde was overlooked. Then you'd be adding it to the reasons he should be fired.

Wrong. But please keep trying to defend warde. This is coming from the guy who wanted to make the board with the bleed blue because u know how important sports are right? Yet u support warde? Nice.....

If the Cincy ad was invited, then this thread never happens and we never find out about some stupid meeting with the NCAA. Is is the NCAA that will either create a new division or lose its top teams. Why on gods earth should we be nice to them right now? They tried to kill our bball program rme,ber? F the NCAA. And warde should be at uconn working. Not the NCAA meeting of clowns blah blah.

The Cincy ad hired a big boy coach and his program wins football games and sends power point to the acc and has beat writers local pumping he school and so on. They are at least trying. We're sitting still and going to NCAA meetings.

noise.

You one of the guys here that thinks because your older you know something. Hate to drop knowledge on you but when you went to uconn, you weren't that smart. It was a different uconn. Chew on that.

The old boy network here at uconn is horrible. It's a bunch of guys who think they are smart because uconn is a good school now and they think they know BCS football and how it works because Jim Calhoun won bball games. It's unreal the amount of posters that defend this group of clowns.

Warde could stab a student with a pencil tomorrow and ppl here would defend it as a good idea towards a acc invite.

Reaction Score
Care to expand on why Arizona's Greg Byrne or even John Currie @ KSU are "clowns"?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Care to expand on why Arizona's Greg Byrne or even John Currie @ KSU are "clowns"?

Zona is just a filler for the pac. The ad there has no pull. Same with kst. Tosu sent smith to help save face znd get some positive press after the past couple weeks. Uk means nothing to the sec. I dont know how to rxplain clemson. Its ghe acc trying to look strong at a meeting of little guys i guess. All thats missi g is the tulane ad. He should be there. Not warde. WRde should be selli g football tickets and wotking on scheduli g his first bcs conference ooc game sincehes been here. Just 1. Thats all i ask for hezvens sake.

Reaction Score
Zona is just a filler for the pac. The ad there has no pull. Same with kst. Tosu sent smith to help save face znd get some positive press after the past couple weeks. Uk means nothing to the sec. I dont know how to rxplain clemson. Its ghe acc trying to look strong at a meeting of little guys i guess. All thats missi g is the tulane ad. He should be there. Not warde. WRde should be selli g football tickets and wotking on scheduli g his first bcs conference ooc game sincehes been here. Just 1. Thats all i ask for hezvens sake.

Oh forgive me... you are talking about the schools being clown and not the actual athletic directors? Silly me.

Reaction Score
Not to be a jerk, but does this have anything to do with realignment?

Reaction Score
How about instead of waisting the schools time and doing a whole lot of nothing at this stupid mother frucking event, wardes sits his fat asz down in the office hair we supplied him when he signed a deal to be AD at uconn and he figures out why every mother frucking thing about this schools athletic department sucks right now. Then frucking fix it.

Fruck this stupid conference thing. It's a jackasz council for a excuse to go on summer vacation. Go have some drinks and pretend to network. No one cares and it in no way helps uconn. Fruck! I want to beat this giant jerk with a old school metal 2 tone umbrella that has the vice to hook to a lawn chair, to his death he sucks so much. Don't worry guys, title 9 is fun to talk about with rainbows and unicorns and teddy bears.

This group of ads is a death wish. A bunch of clowns and gene smith who should not be given a clown title out of respect for everyone else. When KST and uk and az ads help us into there confs, ill stick a car axle up my asz. Oh god a d2 school is there at the meetings. Hope we ask him how much the entry fee to his league is because we need to start saving up for it right now.

Yell it loud with me

WHAT
THE
FFFFFFFFFFFF
UUUUUUUUUUUUU
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
You used to be entertaining, but your Warde-related drivel has become insufferable.

For this board's sake, you should find something else to obsess about.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You used to be entertaining, but your Warde-related drivel has become insufferable.

For this board's sake, you should find something else to obsess about.

Things you like:
- the ad has yet to schedule one BCS football game since starting the job
- he has yet to put any type of marketing strategy to use
- he couldn't sell out Hartford vs Lville
- he is monitoring the conference situation
- he loves being a figure of power in girls sports meetings and NCAA meetings.
- he is a rockstar. Does not like rap or country.
- he made uconn the wolves instead of huskies
- he likes red because Rutgers, bc, Cuse, temple and Maryland are all close and share that area of the rainbow. Blue is only for winners like PSU in this region.
- he can't pronounce state names so connecticut turned into uconn. As soon as he left buffalo they now call them selves New York.
- you like dunkin donuts 5 times a day
- you like NCST coming to town and putting 28k in the stands to be nice.
- you like the acc stomping all over you perception and media wise without fighting back
- you like playing basketball games at the same time as football games so your already small fAnbase who is not sold on the product your putting out then gets stretched and split up even futther.
- you like stringing bball coaches Long for months arguing about contracts when its the most crucial time ever in your schools history.
- you like coach p and gdl
- you like the rent at 40k and for us to build a food court and a frucking buil a bear shop in the parking lot of it.
And so on

I like?
- winning football games
- expanding the rent or knocking it down
- landing recruits
- running truckers off the bball court with a attitude
- taking a cramp on anything bc
- marketing and media upgrades
- selling out

See the difference? One side is me and big boy cramp. The other side is Ll of u cowards who like to sit Round and not be aggressive. But Dan money this and bonobo that baby crying sounds. Grow a sack Nd get the job done. Wvu did. Lville did. We should.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
When KST and uk and az ads help us into there confs, ill stick a car axle up my asz.

I'm not impressed. It's choo choo train or bust if you want my attention.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm not impressed. It's choo choo train or bust if you want my attention.

yes i know. im a horrible person. uconn athletics is down the drain and im the target here. its my fault. im the reason p and gdl are coaches here. im the reason the acc picked lville. im the reason the local media would rather cover a bike race at the local park then uconn football. im the reason we cant get hartford sold out....my bad...

Dooley

Reaction Score
yes i know. im a horrible person. uconn athletics is down the drain and im the target here. its my fault. im the reason p and gdl are coaches here. im the reason the acc picked lville. im the reason the local media would rather cover a bike race at the local park then uconn football. im the reason we cant get hartford sold out....my bad...

I was just ' around, my man. Nobody blames you for any of those things. Well, maybe some people here do but I don't. I only blame you for getting caught out in the rain earlier with my dog.

Reaction Score
I have never supported Warde. I support Herbst. I defend him against stupid attacks but he has an incomplete as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest issue is people blaming him for things that are either his predecessor's fault or things he couldn't realistically change anyway.

And I don't know about any of this. And have never suggested otherwise. I'm an alum. And a fan. You are the one here that thinks he could fix everything in 10 minutes. I think there are a lot of problems. And I think it will take a loooooooong time before we have a program that is nationally respected. I have traveled all over the country. My expectation levels are lower because I see how we are perceived. The school could do 100% of what you want and it would make about 10% difference in our national perception.

Winning matters. Which is why we are respected in hoops. End of story.

Dooley

Reaction Score
My take: about 6-8 months ago (whenever Louisville accepted their ACC invite) I signed myself up for a 3-5 waiting period to get into the B1G. 3-5 years is my own guestimation of how long it will take for UConn to:

1) gain AAU acceptance;
2) re-establish MBB in a post-APR and post-Calhoun era (although I admit that 3-5 years seems like an extremely conservative timeframe given Ollie's first year success);
3) return to competitive football, including getting back to being a fairly regular during bowl season.

To date, nothing has really derailed me off of my own 3-5 year waiting road. Since Louisville's ACC acceptance, UConn football had its best recruiting class ever and had quite a few players drafted into the NFL; Ollie brought pride and excitement back to the MBB program despite being banned from postseason; WBB won yet another championship; UConn has a new brand that is, for the most part, well-received across the country (although not so well-received here); the state committed $2B towards expansion of research facilities, campus improvements, and needed quick upgrades to the Rent and XL Center; baseball won another Big East championship (incidentally, a few ex-Huskies are representing very well in the minor leagues at the moment); and MBB is now APR eligible again.

It's going to be a slow and steady race, friends. We're off to a nice start. Now it's time for football to step up on the field and get back to a bowl game to continue the slow process.

Reaction Score
IMO ANYTHING Warde does with a national profile is tied to realignment.

Sort of torn by this. Hathaway was chairman of the NCAA basketball committee after nearly driving UConn off the cliff. (yes I know he had been fired before the gig but he spent a number of years positioning himself for the gig, fiddling while Rome burned). If Warde has the ambition I think he has - like becoming D at Michigan -- this is for his benefit and resume more than UConn's benefit.

OTOH if Warde heads off to Ann Arbor after steering UConn into the Power 4 or 5 and this gig helps accomplish that, then I would say it was worth it. We'll see. Whether he likes it or not Warde's tenure is going to be determined where UConn lands.

Reaction Score
Not to be a jerk, but does this have anything to do with realignment?
I didn't really know where else to put it. It's more general UConn then a specific sport which has kind of turned into the realignment board.

Also Dan can you be positive about anything? This is good for UConn. We will have huge pull on any future rule changes. And I guarantee you if we were not in this you would be yelling how this proves how terrible Warde is and how we are small time. Take the positive in life.

Reaction Score
Good thing HFD posted here to let me know this is a bad thing and not a good thing.

pj

Reaction Score
Look, the worst you can say about this is it's extra work and travel and if he works the same number of hours a week, it's less time for more important things.

But, assuming he can hire assistants to take work off his plate and/or work longer hours, it can only be a good thing. More networking, more visibility. It will either help UConn make connections, or it will help Warde make connections for his next job. Somebody will benefit from it.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
he figures out why every mother frucking thing about this schools athletic department sucks right now.

Why the need to take shots at Ollie and Shabazz and Geno and Smallwood and the new BB facility?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why the need to take shots at Ollie and Shabazz and Geno and Smallwood and the new BB facility?

KO don't like warde
Bazz thinks warde is dumb for stringing the team along
Geno doesn't like how things went with warde
warde put that new silly middle school helmet on smallwoods head for the uniform thing. he may be a 1st rounder this fall and thats what espn will pick picture wise for sure so we look like a stupid program. every kid is going to say, "man uconn is some weird bad word insert" cartoon bs little kids crap. warde needs to go play in a sandbox with kids and let men handle that job.
the BB facility was not wardes baby, he wasn't the one who pushed it and hes not the one out there every day with shiny boots pointing fingers at the cat machines and steal beams.

MORE COWBELL

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
So, while you were out for pizza with KO, Bazz, Geno and Smallwood did they tell you who they would prefer or did they just join in on a real life version of one of your incessant b1tching sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom