Manuel and Herbst not available for comment | The Boneyard

Manuel and Herbst not available for comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...ral&utm_source=post original url#.UKzQ04YVW9k

That is the sure sign of a school that thinks it is about to be added. If someone from your athletic department is on twitter singing the school's praises, your school is in trouble.

Reaction Score
The silence is deafening coming from Storrs and St. Thomas. A few days ago I took that as assuring, now it's become a little unsetttling

Reaction Score
Compare with what Louisville's president, Ramsey, did yesterday:

• At 8:00 am he went on a local radio station
  • At noon he gave a print interview/video interview
  • At mid-afternoon he gave an impromptu news conference at an airport

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
All I want for Thanksgiving is an invitation to the B1G! Personally, I see the silent approach as an encouraging sign.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All I want for Thanksgiving is an invitation to the B1G! Personally, I see the silent approach as an encouraging sign.

Don't get greedy. An invitation to the ACC would give us plenty to be thankful for.

Reaction Score
So, in a week if LVille gets nod and we don't just that suggest Warde and Susan knew what they were doing? Personally I'd bet on LVille over these 2.

Also, I have a bad, bad feeling the few fball schools will exert their influence for selecting LVille over UC. Just feels like FSU, Miami, Clemson, VA Tech are more vocal about the ACC's next move.

Don't get greedy. An invitation to the ACC would give us plenty to be thankful for.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I don't know what the ACC is going to look like by the time we get an invite.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So, in a week if LVille gets nod and we don't just that suggest Warde and Susan knew what they were doing? Personally I'd bet on LVille over these 2.

Also, I have a bad, bad feeling the few fball schools will exert their influence for selecting LVille over UC. Just feels like FSU, Miami, Clemson, VA Tech are more vocal about the ACC's next move.

How does that change the fact that the ACC invite is still 1000 times more likely and is still something we should hope for?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

This is a distinct possibility. In fact I would say that right now, Swofford has told UConn that they are the main choice but that some of the FB schools need to be convinced to get on board. I cannot believe this should be difficult to do. L'ville is far from a FB power and could go on a severe downswing if/when they lose Strong.

Reaction Score
Everyone silent but PP.

"Hey, I've been over Susan's house with George. She knows so much about realignment options that she could wallpaper her house with the options available to us. George was impressed."

Reaction Score
Everyone silent but PP.

"Hey, I've been over Susan's house with George. She knows so much about realignment options that she could wallpaper her house with the options available to us. George was impressed."

He's the last person we need making noise right now.

Reaction Score
I like the STFU approach. Do your talking back channel, so you don't look like a fool.

JMO

I'm also a huge fan of acronyms, FWIW.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's the last person we need making noise right now.

This quote may be fake but there really is a PP quote from yesterday floating around somewhere. He was the only UConn official to speak on the matter.

Reaction Score
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...ral&utm_source=post original url#.UKzQ04YVW9k

That is the sure sign of a school that thinks it is about to be added. If someone from your athletic department is on twitter singing the school's praises, your school is in trouble.
The silence is deafening from schools who are likely to be on the move. You don't hear anything from UConn, nor do you hear much from Florida State and Clemson. Louisville is crying to anyone who'll listen. Public displays of affection don't work in the conference realignment game.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Until 3 weeks from now when VT, FSU, Clemson, NC State, UNC, and UVA all bolt.

Reaction Score
We could hate on Pasqualoni all we want, but he gave a great answer to the acc question. He was giving a press conference, so it's not like he was doing a Pitino. His answer could not have been better scripted, which I'm sure by complete design, it was.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Not happening. I think they know that ND will be in for football when the NBC contract expires, and that an ACC Network is or will be in the works. I think Delaney knows it too, and that's why he pulled the trigger now.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Not happening. I think they know that ND will be in for football when the NBC contract expires, and that an ACC Network is or will be in the works. I think Delaney knows it too, and that's why he pulled the trigger now.

I hope so. I want out of this garbage NNNNNNNNBE conference in the worst way...I just don't want to have to go through all of this all over again in 1-3 years. My stress level can't take any more!!

Reaction Score
I think the talk of all these teams jumping conferences is just posturing. There is a limit to how many teams can effectively be in the same conference b/f it becomes watered down. By here are only so many games.

IMO 12 is ideal, 14 is for safety (of being raided), 16 is pushing it & 18 your sort of two conferences.

Reaction Score
Given Herbst's reaction after the departure of SU and Pitt, I have no doubt she is doing everything possible to try to get us into a better conference. Meanwhile WM is probably on the beach and eating a hotdog.

Reaction Score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Take a deep breath. If Louisville gets taken ahead of us, it won't be because their President did interviews on local Louisville Radio or print media. It will be because of other issues.

There are no magic words Warde and Herbst can utter. This is not Herbst's first rodeo.

Giddy up Huskies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That's just about a worst case scenario, throw in GT which would leave:

Duke
Miami
Wake
BC
Cuse
Pitt
UConn (assuming we don't get a B1G offer and UL doesn't get invited over us)
then
UL if they don't get a B12 offer
USF
Cincy

but the worst case scenario is unlikely, some of the leaving teams will be left behind. For example, only 3 out of UNC, UVA and GT could get in the Big Ten. I think the FSU rumors will continue but until they "take it to the next level" they'll stay rumors. And if FSU stays it might make VT/NCState leaving to the SEC less likely, I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom