Manuel and Herbst not available for comment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Manuel and Herbst not available for comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope, unless Susan is keeping him out of the loop, we still aren't working behind the scenes with the ACC yet. If we were, he'd simply say no comment.

Reaction Score
Crap, that does not sound like someone who feels like he has the inside track.

He was winking the whole time he was talking...

We've had this discussion - SH is point. WM is at her beck and call. It's all a game with the reporters. Give them just a little more than "no comment" so they go away with something to write.

Reaction Score
Manuel should learn how to say "no comment." If he isn't sure he is the one who would make a presentation, he should not say that. Saying nothing is hard when you're being schmoozed over a piitaaa collatta, but must be done.

My guess is that Herbst and her assistant are the only ones involved.

Reaction Score
We was winking the whole time he was talking...

We've had this discussion - SH is point. WM is at her beck and call. It's all a game with the reporters. Give them just a little more than "no comment" so they go away with something to write.
Yeah, but I didn't like his little more than "no comment" that he gave, still talking like we can't do anything unless we get invited.
If he said very little but still said something to the effect of "we're still working to make the schools future the best it can be whether it be BE or somewhere else, yada yada yada" that's different.

although also keep in mind teh ACC said they'd be deliberate, so while we all keep refreshing our browsers, it could be days or weeks or god forbid a few months before tehy make their next move. I can't even imagine waiting that long to see our fate.

Reaction Score
I would think it's normal that the AD and President be the two main people who are involved behind the scenes unless the pres doesn't trust the AD to keep his mouth shut..

Reaction Score
Parse his words if it make you feel better but "we" can't do anything unless we get invited. In a previous interview he was very clear that "I’ll make sure UConn is in the best position to be successful for my coaches and student-athletes.” Verone likes to live in the sound bite world but reporters weave multiple conversations into mutiple "articles". It's all about feedeing content out in pieces in this day and age.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uconn-quiet
uva-quiet
ncst-not quiet
vt-not quiet
gt-not quiet
lville-not quiet
fsu-not quiet
clem-not quiet
bc-quiet
cuse-quiet

uva is gone to the b10 and the b10 is finding a partner. we are in the running, get it done susan!
vt is ready for the sec knowing uva is gone.
sec needs to try for unc before getting ncst. unc seems to be really a 50/50. i had them pegged for the b10 but maybe not...would be good news for us anyway.
other acc schools are looking at the b12 ready to go
lville making noise becuase they know the b12 can pluck 4 or more acc schools now without needing lville.
i bet the b12 hates the idea of adding north east private schools but may have not much of a choice. miami like i have been saying is a lost cuase soon enough.

Reaction Score
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...ral&utm_source=post original url#.UKzQ04YVW9k

That is the sure sign of a school that thinks it is about to be added. If someone from your athletic department is on twitter singing the school's praises, your school is in trouble.

Exactly. There are times when silence is appropriate. This is probably one of those times.

Reaction Score
uconn-quiet
uva-quiet
ncst-not quiet
vt-not quiet
gt-not quiet
lville-not quiet
fsu-not quiet
clem-not quiet
bc-quiet
cuse-quiet

uva is gone to the b10 and the b10 is finding a partner. we are in the running, get it done susan!
sec needs to try for unc before getting ncst. unc seems to be really a 50/50. i had them pegged for the b10 but maybe not...would be good news for us anyway.
lville making noise becuase they know the b12 can pluck 4 or more acc schools now without needing lville.
i bet the b12 hates the idea of adding north east private schools but may have not much of a choice. miami like i have been saying is a lost cuase soon enough.

link? oh yeah, you can't link to your own head.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
(Insert requisite 'missing link' joke here) ...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Until 3 weeks from now when VT, FSU, Clemson, NC State, UNC, and UVA all bolt.
To use UConnAlliances Titanic reference, at the moment saying no to the ACC out of fear that in a half dozen years they'll be what the BE is today is similar to turning down one of the last open spots on a life raft because the Carpathia will be around in a few hours.

One unfortunate fact is that by the time a better conference may come around and asks other schools to join it may be well beyond too late for us.

Reaction Score
Since we're waiting on words from pres herbst, i'm not sure if this was posted before, but she's with the women's bb team in st. thomas, along with manuel.

She had manuel do an an interview wed. Altavilla rehashed some manuel quotes and weaved it into a new story from yesterday. No comments from herbst. Either she isn't talking, or talking off the record.

http://articles.courant.com/2012-11...esident-susan-herbst-warde-manuel-uconn-women

Reaction Score
I like the fact that Warde and Susan are quiet right now. Having them in their positions with past experience leading to ties outside New England has to be in our favor. If they were tweeting from the top of the Travelers building not so good.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I didn't like his little more than "no comment" that he gave, still talking like we can't do anything unless we get invited.
If he said very little but still said something to the effect of "we're still working to make the schools future the best it can be whether it be BE or somewhere else, yada yada yada" that's different.

although also keep in mind teh ACC said they'd be deliberate, so while we all keep refreshing our browsers, it could be days or weeks or god forbid a few months before tehy make their next move. I can't even imagine waiting that long to see our fate.

There are "invites" and then there are invites that come Fedex overnight, signature needed by Susan Herbst.

Back channel or over the phone invites don't legally count so he is probably just playing coy.

Reaction Score
uconn-quiet
uva-quiet
ncst-not quiet
vt-not quiet
gt-not quiet
lville-not quiet
fsu-not quiet
clem-not quiet
bc-quiet
cuse-quiet

VA, MD, RU, UConn and, couch, cough BCU, does make a whole lot of sense.

Again that fuels the UL to the ACC. Don't know how Cincy fits into ACC mix unless it is UL, UConn and Cincy together.

Reaction Score
Everyone silent but PP.

"Hey, I've been over Susan's house with George. She knows so much about realignment options that she could wallpaper her house with the options available to us. George was impressed."

So is this Susan's and Warde's version of the V-formation?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that all of this has gone down at the same time our school prez/AD have been out of the country?

Could be just a coincidence, I dunno. Not that I care anymore anyway: I'm at my saturation point with all this crap...

Reaction Score
It's amateur hour watching the actions of these two, especially Manuel, he's a clown

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that all of this has gone down at the same time our school prez/AD have been out of the country?

Could be just a coincidence, I dunno. Not that I care anymore anyway: I'm at my saturation point with all this crap...

Do the USVI have electricity? Cell services? If not, we are surely doomed!

Reaction Score
It's not called the UNITED STATES Virgin Islands for nothing.

Now if only there was a Jim Delaney sighting among the Boilermaker faithful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom