Mamadou Diarra Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mamadou Diarra Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No offense, but no one's going to look to you for an objective take on Adrien. He came to Storrs with a pretty polished post game that, honestly, makes him look like Kevin McHale compared to Diarra. And that's not a slight on Diarra, who I think will contribute. Adrien was just far more skilled and he's one of those guys who's underrated in the retelling.

No offense taken but I know they're not coming to anyone who thinks he was highly skilled either because thats really far off. Donyell Marshall was highly skilled, Jeff Adrien was tough.Anyone even throwing Kevin McHale and Adrien in that same post makes me look like a genius I promise you!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Does he still have the uconn record for consecutive made baskets? Wasn't it like 18 in a row? Someone help me out with this random trivia.

It was 22 consecutive field goals, over a 3 game span. Started out 9 for 9, the next game he was 10 for 10 and the third game, he hit his first 3.

Also not to be overlooked, in the BET Championship game famous for Ray's winning "bicycle shot", Kirk brought us back from the dead by scoring 8 points in a 10 point UConn run to turn an 11 point hole into a one point deficit, which set up Ray's miracle shot with 13 seconds to go.

Reaction Score
No offense, but no one's going to look to you for an objective take on Adrien. He came to Storrs with a pretty polished post game that, honestly, makes him look like Kevin McHale compared to Diarra. And that's not a slight on Diarra, who I think will contribute. Adrien was just far more skilled and he's one of those guys who's underrated in the retelling.
Adrien was far more skilled maybe slightly stronger but from what I've seen Diarra is far more explosive/athletic. Outside of build they don't look all that similar to me.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
It was 22 consecutive field goals, over a 3 game span. Started out 9 for 9, the next game he was 10 for 10 and the third game, he hit his first 3.

Also not to be overlooked, in the BET Championship game famous for Ray's winning "bicycle shot", Kirk brought us back from the dead by scoring 8 points in a 10 point UConn run to turn an 11 point hole into a one point deficit, which set up Ray's miracle shot with 13 seconds to go.
Thanks. Good memories. Wasn't he like second team all conference his senior year? I remember being nervous as heck towards the end of his streak every time he pulled up away from the basket. Under rated all time guy IMO.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Good memories. Wasn't he like second team all conference his senior year? I remember being nervous as heck towards the end of his streak every time he pulled up away from the basket. Under rated all time guy IMO.

King missed almost the entire conference season his senior year, and was never named to any all-conference teams.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Thanks. Getting old sucks.

Reaction Score
Diarra I think will max out at a garbage man type role player.

His little jump hook there isn't going To work at the college level I don't think. Footwork is pretty sloppy in highlights.

He is also VERY short for a power forward, even if his arms are long.

all I care about is the guy banging down low, getting some board, easy put backs, and kicks to our high level guards. If he does that he's a winner in my book.

Reaction Score
Diarra I think will max out at a garbage man type role player.

His little jump hook there isn't going To work at the college level I don't think. Footwork is pretty sloppy in highlights.

He is also VERY short for a power forward, even if his arms are long.

all I care about is the guy banging down low, getting some board, easy put backs, and kicks to our high level guards. If he does that he's a winner in my book.

Not sure how you get him maxing out at garbage without seeing him hit the court? You could be right but that's a pretty pessimistic look at what he could be. I don't think Jeff Adrien was a garbage man and these guys are similar coming out of prep. No doubt Jeff was better on the offensive end coming in but the rest looks very similar including being VERY short.

Reaction Score
Garbage man is not equal to garbage. Garbage is bad. Garbage man is a guy who clean up the mess--he cleans up boards, gets put backs, and hits first on defense near-violently. Though he was a more complete player than JUST that, That is Jeff Adrien in a nutshell. That's what he stood for and was recruited here for.

Adrien was higher rated bc of his offensive skill set, but diarra can learn. It is going to be extremely difficult at his size, so one move and one counter will be his goal.

Diarra has said in interviews he knows his job is defense and boards. KO is probably not using the words "garbage man," but it's obvious the kid knows his role.

Reaction Score
Garbage man is not equal to garbage. Garbage is bad. Garbage man is a guy who clean up the mess--he cleans up boards, gets put backs, and hits first on defense near-violently. Though he was a more complete player than JUST that, That is Jeff Adrien in a nutshell. That's what he stood for and was recruited here for.

Adrien was higher rated bc of his offensive skill set, but diarra can learn. It is going to be extremely difficult at his size, so one move and one counter will be his goal.

Diarra has said in interviews he knows his job is defense and boards. KO is probably not using the words "garbage man," but it's obvious the kid knows his role.

I do realize what you meant and know what it is (didn't think you meant he sucked) I just think he could become a better basketball player than a guy who lives off the boards only and plays some physical D when he comes in. Many smallish guys become a nemesis for UConn over the years and I'd love them on my team, hopefully he has that in him to do just that although I do not expect it immediately. And again, same size as jeff and long so size is a little overrated if you know how to play the "garbage-weak side" slot.

Reaction Score
I think you are badly underestimating Diarra. I bet by his Junior season he is a legit impact player and an absolute fan favorite.

Reaction Score
Saw this kid in person. This kid has some serious muscle. Not like Dwight Howard by any means, but this kid is jacked.

H

huskymagic

Mamadou Diarra is similar to Tyler Roberson from the Cuse who we also heavily recruited. He has a similar build, athleticism and motor. He will be a good player for us and has the intensity we need and have been missing from our bigs lately. He wont be pushed around and has very good athleticism and finishing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom