Reaction Score
Not to hijack the thread but what the heck is with Jaylen Fisher? :eek:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is he really only 6'5.5?

Got a gargantuan 7'2 wingspan though.

Reaction Score
Also the 2nd leading rebounder (10.7 rpg) behind Thon Maker (15.7).

3rdin blocks per game (1.7) behind Maker (3.0) and Sacha Killeya-Jones (2.0).

Reaction Score
6'5.5" barefoot means literally nothing. Guessing with shoes he's 6'7".

I love the hilarity in measuring their height without shoes or socks. Are they going to play basketball barefoot? Then I don't care how tall they are barefoot... just let us know the guy is 6'7" and doesn't wear lifts in his sneakers, we can judge on that

Reaction Score
Figure 6'6", effectively.

In college hoop, that's big enough for the position.

Mamado - 6'5.5", barefoot
Jeff Adrien - 6'5.25", barefoot

Mamadou - 7'2" wingspan
Jeff Adrien - 7'2" wingspan

Good enough.
The only difference is that Adrien "had muscles in places most people don't have places" but that being said Mamado sounds like has a higher vertical than Adrien.

Reaction Score
I love the hilarity in measuring their height without shoes or socks. Are they going to play basketball barefoot? Then I don't care how tall they are barefoot... just let us know the guy is 6'7" and doesn't wear lifts in his sneakers, we can judge on that

You really don't understand why they do that? It's to get a baseline. Not every shoe is the same size, so doing it barefoot puts everyone on a level playing field, so to speak.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
You really don't understand why they do that? It's to get a baseline. Not every shoe is the same size, so doing it barefoot puts everyone on a level playing field, so to speak.

I agree that barefoot height is pointless. I want to know how tall they are on the court and really don't care how tall they are in the shower.

Reaction Score
I think this is one of those times where it makes logical sense to make a baseline, but in the end is less informative. The only reason it makes sense is to avoid a situation where a player wears especially big shoes just for the measuring, and I guess that's enough of a reason to do it.

Reaction Score
I feel like most basketball sneakers have similar midsole size

Reaction Score
I agree that barefoot height is pointless. I want to know how tall they are on the court and really don't care how tall they are in the shower.
I think this is one of those times where it makes logical sense to make a baseline, but in the end is less informative. The only reason it makes sense is to avoid a situation where a player wears especially big shoes just for the measuring, and I guess that's enough of a reason to do it.
I feel like most basketball sneakers have similar midsole size

GET ME TO NOVEMBER

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
GET ME TO NOVEMBER

Get me to April 4, 2016 at Houston and the following parade in Hartford for number 5. Will make up for the insufferable posts about players who mess up over the course of the season.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Figure 6'6", effectively.

In college hoop, that's big enough for the position.

Mamado - 6'5.5", barefoot
Jeff Adrien - 6'5.25", barefoot

Mamadou - 7'2" wingspan
Jeff Adrien - 7'2" wingspan

Good enough.
Great comparison and sounds like he's got the motor too!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But does he have the strength and power to be the force in the paint that Jeff was?

Jeff Adrien as a freshman....not a bruiser.

Mamadou has a year of high school left to play - it's all right if he doesn't look like Jeff Adrien yet.

Reaction Score
JA will always be beloved. Just an incredibly hard working player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom