Malloy not budgeting to renovate XL Center | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Malloy not budgeting to renovate XL Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pisses me off all these state of the art arenas going up and Hartford still has the XL center, I drive past the kfc yum center almost everyday and shake my head and wonder why it can't be done in Hartford.
Simply don't have the support to fill seats consistently, especially considering the AAC Schedule.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put 1 penny into the HCC

new or nothing, and they should have made a basketball arena a much higher priority than a baseball stadium, but idiots are idiots for a reason, it's not an accident

what do you expect from people who think building a road for buses between New Britain and Hartford is a good idea?

next week, he'll tell us why GE won't leave the state, they're bluffing
Agreed. UConn basketball is the only real sport this state has. Minor league baseball is a joke, they didn't need a new stadium.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Connecticut has to clean up its act. Passing huge tax increases and then increasing spending stop working a long time ago. They need to get their house in order, or the voters have to do it for them, before the state starts moving forward again.

Not to mention screwing hospitals over.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kinda hilarious that CT is gonna wind up being happy it under built Gampel on purpose since it will be easier to fill with an AAC schedule. Reap what you sew I guess. If the state would've invested in the proper infrastructure on campus in the first place we wouldn't be worried about how to make a 20k seat arena in downtown Hartford make sense fiscally.

It will never happen in a million years but if Hartford wants an arena project that would make sense they would build a state of the art 13.5-15k seat arena in downtown with lots of premium amenities and options. Theres been articles saying they're going to try to cram 3k more seats into the XL center to get it around 19-20k people. Why? Make it expandable at a later point in time and build the thing up if it comes to it. You don't need to buy a 6 bedroom house for a family of 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Expanding the seating makes sense.

The larger the venue, the larger the acts you can attract.

Bruce Springsteen and Taylor Swift ain't coming for your dopey 13,500-seat arena concept.

Most events at XL do not require even 10,000 seats, but if you can add 3-5-7 bigger acts a year with three thousand extra seats, do it.

Reaction Score
Malloy slept while we lost hundreds of very high paying jobs to friggin' Taxachusetts. GE was a huge tax payer to the state. At least we have the Patriots coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom