Malachi Richardson Top 6--UConn Is In | The Boneyard

Malachi Richardson Top 6--UConn Is In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@TheLifeOfMali23: My list cut to 6 NO ORDER : Villanova , Rutgers , Arizona , Indiana , Syracuse and Uconn

I don't think that Ali's commitment will affect his recruitment.

Reaction Score
@TheLifeOfMali23: My list cut to 6 NO ORDER : Villanova , Rutgers , Arizona , Indiana , Syracuse and Uconn

I don't think that Ali's commitment will affect his recruitment.

Who do you think leads for him?

Reaction Score
Do you think we're still going after him hard? Or do you think the staff is pretty much solely focused on a true pg and a big for 2015?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
latest crystal ball predictions say uconn. i don't ali will affect an recruit like richardson, but maybe vise versa

Reaction Score
He told me is having Ali will not affect his decision at all. That's good.

I think that Indiana is his leader with UConn just behind. He's been very high on UConn and Ali in the past even saying that it would be a privilege to play for UConn.

We are definitely going to still be hard after him. You can't turn down someone of his abilities if you have a good shot.

THC

Reaction Score
He told me is having Ali will not affect his decision at all. That's good.

I think that Indiana is his leader with UConn just behind. He's been very high on UConn and Ali in the past even saying that it would be a privilege to play for UConn.

We are definitely going to still be hard after him. You can't turn down someone of his abilities if you have a good shot.
Did you point out to him how creepy Crean is?

C

Chief00

I know you never have enough of guards in college ball, but given our poor rebounding I would like to see more Big focus in our recruiting. As Ollie seems to have special appeal with guards we miss a coach like Clyde V who can connect with a big guy.

Reaction Score
I know he told you Ali's committment wouldn't affect him, but looking at the guard/wing situation for 2015, we will have alot of players at those positions assuming Purvis does more than 1 year.

Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/malachi-richardson-cuts-to-six/

If Richardson chose to commit to UConn, he would be the second recent commit for Coach Kevin Ollie, joining Sagemont (Fla.) guard Prince Ali.

“Going to play for Coach Ollie would be amazing as well,” Richardson said. “He’s been in the NBA, he knows about the game, he knows the ins and outs, and he has been through it, too. He’s a fantastic teacher, a great coach, and he’s got everything that you could want from a coach. Getting that personal experience from him would be great.”

As for the visits, Richardson says that he doesn’t have any scheduled at the moment other than the Syracuse visit, but he plans on visiting two schools in particular soon.

“I definitely want to get out to see Arizona at some point this year,” Richardson said. “I also want to make a trip to UConn as well.”

Reaction Score
I know you never have enough of guards in college ball, but given our poor rebounding I would like to see more Big focus in our recruiting. As Ollie seems to have special appeal with guards we miss a coach like Clyde V who can connect with a big guy.
pretty sure ollie is going all in on the 5th best player in 2015, Carlton Bragg. He's a 4. I'm starting to think we'll be fine recruiting wise, kids love Ollie's pedigree.

Reaction Score
TOM-CREAN-JACKIN-IT.gif

Rewatching it, obviously tying his belt or tucking shirt. Still hilarious.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

“I definitely want to get out to see Arizona at some point this year,” Richardson said. “I also want to make a trip to UConn as well.”

Kid has good taste. I did the exact same thing and then chose UCONN. Unfortunately, I'm 5'8 and provided nothing to the basketball team but vocal support.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:

Your next post that doesn't mention Clyde or Dyson will be your first. It's beyond creepy.

Reaction Score
The thing to remember is that these are 6'4" or 6'5" juniors.
They may not be done growing.

THC

Reaction Score
Photographic evidence points to him being part alien.

C

Chief00

Your next post that doesn't mention Clyde or Dyson will be your first. It's beyond creepy.
Quite frankly, history has proven me pretty much on target. On the court you don't need to go any further than beyond our rebounding stats to know we have a void in the big development department. Some of it is recruiting focus or outcome, some strength and conditioning program and other coaching. I think Ollie identified our strength problem and now we have a new strength coach from a football school who should make us stronger over time. In recruiting, there is just a lot more 6-3 guards than 6-9 true power forwards. Its a demographic thing. I think we will improve here but from what recruits say - guards and swing men see UConn playing their style but you don't hear that from Bigs. Some of that is perceptional - we do have a history of Bigs better than many schools who think they have that history. yet KO changing that perception is a work in progress. As far as a Bigs Coach. I think Coach Miller is a great coach. He scouts teams very well, he is on the ball during games - keeping tabs on what he is suppose to pay attention to, he is a hard worker. Yet, having a guard as our Bigs coach perhaps that Clyde like intangible is not there. I did not say bring Clyde back (although I wouldn't be opposed to that), but in the NBA I see guys like Cliff Ray, R Wallace, etc working with Bigs. You don't see Joe Demars bringing in Vinnie Johnson or Isiah to work with AD.
As for Jerome Dyson, no one agrees with my view of his college days more than today's Jerome Dyson. That's all that needs to be said on that.

Reaction Score
Please look at all the good NCAA rebounding teams and tell me how many don't have midget coaching staffs? Big difference in Josh Boone, Emeka Okafor, Charlie Villanueva and Hilton Armstrong than this team we're throwing out there to rebound..........Clyde was 6'4 best himself, did a great job coaching the bigs but having a "bigs coach" is overrated.......having "BIGS" to coach who get it is not overrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom