Makurat to transfer | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Yet it is hard to imagine two countries in the same region with such different cultures. Do teammates from Vermont and Mississippi automatically have a bond?
If they were playing in China or Europe and were the only players from the US of A, I would say yes

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yes?
Yet it is hard to imagine two countries in the same region with such different cultures. Do teammates from Vermont and Mississippi automatically have a bond?
Yes? I lived abroad for three years and whenever I met a fellow American, we had an automatic bond from the start, being foreigners from the same part of the world. This is extremely common, even if you do have different cultures.

Reaction Score
Yes?

Yes? I lived abroad for three years and whenever I met a fellow American, we had an automatic bond from the start, being foreigners from the same part of the world. This is extremely common, even if you do have different cultures.
You spoke the same language. I lived abroad for four years and had an entirely different experience when meeting Americans. Besides, Croatians and Polish are from different countries; hardly a parallel to your experience. If you met someone from Mexico or Panama, did you have an automatic connection?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You spoke the same language. I lived abroad for four years and had an entirely different experience when meeting Americans. Besides, Croatians and Polish are from different countries; hardly a parallel to your experience. If you met someone from Mexico or Panama, did you have an automatic connection?
Europeans are much more likely to speak multiple languages, their native language, English, and often a few more. We US citizens have a dreadful habit of speaking English only, unless we are tied into a multi-lingual community. And while European cultures are indeed disparate, they often find common cause when confronted with those barbarian Americans! :eek: :rolleyes:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I'm sorry I ever mentioned anything about Nika and Anna having a European bond.
It was an assumption and opinion on my part with no facts to back it up.
I assumed it based upon their courtside behavior in that they seemed to really support each other. I guess I was seeing things or over reacted.
So let’s get back to the OP and stick to our thoughts on Anna.
I apologize for my misinterpretation.

Reaction Score
I assumed it based upon their courtside behavior in that they seemed to really support each other. I guess I was seeing things or over reacted.
I assumed the same thing.

Reaction Score
They do seem to have been good friends; my point was that a European connection would play little role in their relationship. Mediterranean and Teutonic/Slavic cultures have almost nothing in common. However, they are both basketball players; that is indeed a very intimate connection.

Reaction Score
The reason I pointed out Saylor, is because the original poster projected Aubrey to be behind Saylor in the rotation next year. Based on her limited court time, there is nothing to support the idea of that happening. I'd argue that she had the same opportunity as anyone else in D1 to earn time based on her play. It's not like our roster was perfect. It just didn't happen.
It is very sad to see her go as she was one of my favorites. I believe the COVID thing was her biggest problem. She had arrived back at UConn in really tiptop shape and then lost all her conditioning and confidence and then on top of that had the injury! I truly believe she would still be starting if those things had not happened! Who knows how well she might have played if Things had gone differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom