Makur Maker to Howard | The Boneyard

Makur Maker to Howard

Reaction Score
Wow, really cool.

Howard and other HBCU's has been in the news lately for recent school visits and offers, but this is the first major prospect to sign with an HBCU.

Even with just four wins from last year, Howard returns five players with 25+ mpg and 7+ ppg, so the cupboard isn't totally bare.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaks volumes about the character and priorities of this young man. Kudos to him and I hope there is room for me to jump on this kids bandwagon. I always love seeing young people take charge and lead by example.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
"I need to make the HBCU movement real so that others will follow. I hope I inspire guys like Mikey Williams to join me on this journey. I am committing to Howard U & coach Kenny Blakeney #MakerMob"

Mikey Williams responded: "We will make a change!!! Thankyou bro!! @MakurMaker #HBCU

Welcome to DC, Makur!

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
really cool for him to do this, I wonder if he’ll actually attend or go to the G league

Reaction Score
Good for him, I hope he plays there. I’d tune in and watch and I’m sure others would too. How many people have actually sat down to watch a Howard basketball game live? Would be awesome. Now we just need to somehow get him, Akok Akok, and Bol Bol all on the same NBA team, that’d be something.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Obviously glad he ended up here but would have been fun if RJ Cole was still at Howard to play with him
Senior PG with a phenom would have made hay. It would be cool if he picked up a running mate.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just a mater of time until dook opens up a new college at dook u. The dook university college of HBCU.

Reaction Score
It’s great. It’s real positive Individual action. If more follow, then they elevate. If they elevate, then more dollars flow and more students go. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Ivies and other elites “twin” with an HBCU to share resources. That would be a real interesting experiment. Columbia kind of did that with woman through Barnard, and linkage remains.

Reaction Score
FSU and FAMU (2 miles apart) have a joint College of Engineering.....and Architecture...classes taught at both locations.

Reaction Score
It is a great move. I just hope he actually gets to play there next season. He is probably a 1 and done, but that 1 could be huge for HU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This kid will never walk on that campus basketball court to be a Howard player.
IMHO, They know this but I have to agree its a good publicity stunt and statement
However, I would love to see him play at least 1 year there
Playing devils advocate - maybe Howard already knows it won't play hoops this upcoming season and can always say, what if..........................................................

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Nate Tabor committed to Norfolk State as well.

Reaction Score
It is a great move. I just hope he actually gets to play there next season. He is probably a 1 and done, but that 1 could be huge for HU.

If he is really good, does it much matter where he plays? There was a 1st round pick last year that never started in a game in his college career.

Reaction Score
If he is really good, does it much matter where he plays?
For his NBA prospects, not really.

For shifting the paradigms of athletics in HBCU's, this is a big deal.

On a minor note, but some more good news for HBCU's: former Wake Forest guard Sharone Wright just transferred to Morgan State. The program added Cincy's Trevor Moore earlier in the year while also netting its best high school recruit of all-time, Naseem Khaalid. They also added a Woodstock kid this summer who surprisingly spurned UMass for Morgan State.

Last edited:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Good for him, I hope he plays there. I’d tune in and watch and I’m sure others would too. How many people have actually sat down to watch a Howard basketball game live? Would be awesome. Now we just need to somehow get him, Akok Akok, and Bol Bol all on the same NBA team, that’d be something.

I actually went to a Howard game in person last season as I try to go to every D1 school. While their gym is a dump (and was about 150 degrees inside in December) and they had close to zero fans, they did make an effort to have some atmosphere from the PA guy and did a good job highlighting some of the black history and culture that Howard has, which I appreciated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom