Making a Murderer on Netflix | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Making a Murderer on Netflix

Reaction Score
Can you link an article about the sweat inside the car. I've only read/seen that his sweat was found on the key lanyard and on the hood latch to the car not inside.

Correction, it was the hood latch. Sorry.

Reaction Score
We just finished this show tonight. 100% certain the authorities played dirty on this. Not 100% certain that Avery is not guilty but there should have been enough reasonable doubt to get a not guilty verdict.

I only lived in Wisconsin for two years but I had heard some storied about a bunch of bad cops in Wisconsin. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t been told this by other Wisconsin Cops that were US Army Reservists that I was advising.

The fact that Dassey was actually convicted was a supreme miscarriage of justice. I don’t how stupid you have to be to not see how his rights were trampled on and see the coercion,

Reaction Score
Was considering a rewatch of this one after I finish Jinx, which equally amazeballs. I heard there's a 2nd season of Murderer coming out following Avery's new defense team, "new" evidence, and BDass's situation. The treatment of this kid by the system is an absolute abomination. As a high school teacher, there were elements of his "confession" that was so eerily similar to interactions we have with our students; especially in regards to him talking about how he "completes" his homework, etc. That poor kid had absolutely no idea what was occurring.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This was the first thing I’ve consumed in the genre of people who may be wrongly incarcerated/who done it that has blown up in recent years. Have since listened to Serial, Up and Vanished, watched many other things including my favorite, the fictional, The Night Of. I decided to go back and watch again.

Some thoughts:
Lenk and Colborn are just so GD shady. There was an active law suit against them by Steven Avery and they are all over the compound and found the key on the 67th or so time they searched the bedroom. These two guys should not have been anywhere near this place.

The key itself is weird. Just the car key and the fob? No house key? No key chains? Looks like a spare key an ex-boyfriend, brother, or roommate would have access to.

Don’t police typically look to partners/ex-lovers/family members first? Her ex is the most suspicious person on the planet! He stages this whole search? For his exgirlfriend? Deflection. Of the hundreds of cars on the compound he sends those people directly to the RAV4. He goes into her voicemail and deletes the threatening messages he left her( my speculation but still). You can see his demeanor and body language change when he’s questioned by the state and then the defense. IMO he did it. There are other suspects too, though.

Even if Avery did it (I’d say 20% chance) from what we saw (of course the show doesn’t show everything, especially not stuff that damns Avery) there is NO WAY you can convict him based on what is presented.

Given all the stuff about Kratz that later came out, I wanna barf every time his disgusting little voice calls Teresa a “beautiful 25 year old girl.” He slips up and says “...murdered this little girl, I’m sorry young woman...”

Brendan’s first lawyer may be the lamest person ever.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I just finished the series. To say I enjoyed it doesn't seem right as it was very disturbing. Makes you really feel that the system is rigged against the poor and stupid. I haven't done of research into what the filmmakers left out of the documentary that might have shed more light on why they came to a guilty verdict. The part that jumped out to me was the veritable lack of forensic evidence in the trailer. The prosecution put forth a case that Avery and Dassey tied Theresa up, raped her, stabbed her, slit her throat and shot her multiple times. How was there no blood found? Was the same guy who was stupid enough to park Theresa's car in his yard the same guy that was mentally equipped to rid his entire property of every last droplet of blood or gore from the murder? Like others, I'm not saying he wasn't involved, but it's hard to see how they passed the reasonable doubt threshold.
That’s my feelings on the garage too. Even if he scrubbed it clean there would be splatter over all the crap in there. Did he go full Dexter in there? Similar to Serial, it’s like yeah maybe he did it but the prosecution did no where near enough to prove it and their theories/timelines have colossal holes. Assumption of innocence and burden of proof don’t mean anything to jurors.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If true - this is unbelievable.
So, this is the same guy who said that Avery confessed to him a couple years back. I don’t know if it’s in the link I posted but his story is that he went to the salvage yard the day Halbach was to find some new parts for his Chevy Blazer (fits the description of the “Jeep like vehicle” people refer to) there and accidentally hit her with his car. He frantically went into Avery’s trailer and found a bloody bandaid which he used to smear the infamous blood on the dash then stuffed Teresa into the back of her RAV4 burned the body in a barrel in a remote corner of the yard and scattered the ashes. He then parked the RAV4 and threw the branches on and stashed the key in Steve’s trailer.

I’m not sure how anyone could buy that? His confession came after SA’s legal team offered $100k for info on the case.

Interesting is that even SA’s lawyers refute this because he is not one of their potential suspects and it doesn’t fit their narrative.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, this is the same guy who said that Avery confessed to him a couple years back. I don’t know if it’s in the link I posted but his story is that he went to the salvage yard the day Halbach was to find some new parts for his Chevy Blazer (fits the description of the “Jeep like vehicle” people refer to) there and accidentally hit her with his car. He frantically went into Avery’s trailer and found a bloody bandaid which he used to smear the infamous blood on the dash then stuffed Teresa into the back of her RAV4 burned the body in a barrel in a remote corner of the yard and scattered the ashes. He then parked the RAV4 and threw the branches on and stashed the key in Steve’s trailer.

I’m not sure how anyone could buy that? His confession came after SA’s legal team offered $100k for info on the case.

Interesting is that even SA’s lawyers refute this because he is not one of their potential suspects and it doesn’t fit their narrative.

I have always wondered what the truth is - I haven't seen a solid theory yet.

Problem is everyone up there hates the Averys so much that they will believe anything. Most of my family up in the area are convinced he did it and won't even listen to any alternate theories.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom