Make room ketchup, move over peanut butter! chimichurri is the next big condiment! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Make room ketchup, move over peanut butter! chimichurri is the next big condiment!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Best condiment no one uses is ajvar. If you have ever been to the former yugoslavia and had a chance to try it, you will want it on everything.

Due to a fairly high Serb/Croat population here, it's not hard to find in Pittsburgh. Make some cevapi, throw it into a warmed pita, put a load of ajvar on it, some chopped onion and you've got yourself some heaven.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think chimichurri is the British band that had a hit song with Tubthumping.

Reaction Score
Due to a fairly high Serb/Croat population here, it's not hard to find in Pittsburgh. Make some cevapi, throw it into a warmed pita, put a load of ajvar on it, some chopped onion and you've got yourself some heaven.

Had an old partner of mine who’s grandmother came from Slovenia and made them - they were incredible. She’d add thin fried potato slices (like Jersey Italian hot dogs) to the pita w/ the cevapi, ajvar and onions. I’ll never forgot them. We’d stuff our faces and then she’d wrap a few for the road. The truck would reek (in a good way) all day.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think I married the only Serbian woman on earth who hates Serb food and won't cook it. So I make it when her relatives are gonna drop by. Fries her butt when they start raving about it. That recipe I linked above really is good though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom