Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's most troubling is if the Durham rumor is true, that will be 3 out of 4 returning frontcourt players who left. They wouid all stand to see a lot of minutes, why leave now?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am particularly disturbed with the fact that Ollie has been silent and doesn't appear to think the fan base is entitled to some explanations for wholesale player defections, as well as reassurance as to how he is righting the ship. Any business product that is receiving bad press tries to get in front of the story and change the narrative. He is being paid millions by State of CT taxpayers to be the custodian of an asset that the state takes pride in. The public has a stake in this and does have a right not to be ignored. Ollie should be giving candid info and be responsive to difficult questions, at least to the beat writers. And, the AD should be the one demanding good public relations and shouldn't be off the hook for what is a snow balling public relations fiasco to compound the personnel turn over. They both take the money, which includes public relations as part of the job. It's pissing me off more as I write this.

You don't normally get any explanation for these kinds of things. Sometimes the AD releases a boiler plate statement, but that's it.

Coach might say "we wish them well" etc. It's actually worse optics to admit problems or structural flaws.

This way, they can tell recruits, that the players who left simply wanted more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom