Major Recruiting Weekend Is Underway in Storrs | The Boneyard

Major Recruiting Weekend Is Underway in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
just curious if anyone knows why one cannot be revealed at this time?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm almost in Yogi Berra mode- I don't want anyone who wants to come here.

Serious question. What college level talent on either side of the ball can have any confidence in what this staff says or the probability of this staff being around by the time they are RS Frosh?

A player almost has to have poor judgement and a low level of decision making to come to this program.

Reaction Score

Serious question. What college level talent on either side of the ball can have any confidence in what this staff says or the probability of this staff being around by the time they are RS Frosh?

A player almost has to have poor judgement and a low level of decision making to come to this program.
I don't think that's the right way to look at it. Anybody who commits at this point knows the challenge they're going to face and have to really love the University. I've got a lot of respect for that.

Reaction Score
"With offers from Charleston Southern, Charlotte, Mercer and Samford"

"holds offers from the Huskies, Army, Dartmouth, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette and Toledo"

"holds offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Central Michigan and La Tech"

"offers from Army, Navy and Maine, among others" (Commit)

"holds offers from the Huskies, Air Force, Army, Temple, Navy, Nevada, Marshall, Bowling Green and Fordham"

"holds offers from the Huskies, Toledo and Bowling Green"

"holds offers from UConn, Indiana, North Dakota State, Toledo, Northern Illinois"

"holds offers from Army, Tennessee Tech, Houston Baptist, Columbia, Brown and Liberty"

"holds offers from Liberty, Richmond, Villanova, UNH and Fordham"

"offer from Georgetown"

" Currently a Florida Atlantic commit...holds offers from Auburn and Temple"

I mean no disrespect to these young men. Any one of them could make the NFL. But this is a problem, the one commit had no P5 offers. There are only 3 combined P5 offers among 11 of the players visiting this weekend. BC, Indiana, and Auburn (who lost out to....FAU?)

We're up against the Patriot and Ivy Leagues more often than the AAC.

Fordham is on this list 3 times, that's as many as BC, Cinci, and Temple combined.

Reaction Score
Nice job @UConn07 ....... very informative. with that said, hope we can flip the unknown 12th recruit visiting this weekend along with a few lineman

Reaction Score

"holds offers from the Huskies, Army, Dartmouth, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette and Toledo"

"holds offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Central Michigan and La Tech"

"holds offers from the Huskies, Air Force, Army, Temple, Navy, Nevada, Marshall, Bowling Green and Fordham"

"holds offers from UConn, Indiana, North Dakota State, Toledo, Northern Illinois"

"holds offers from Army, Tennessee Tech, Houston Baptist, Columbia, Brown and Liberty"

"offer from Georgetown"

I mean no disrespect to these young men. Any one of them could make the NFL. But this is a problem, the one commit had no P5 offers. There are only 3 combined P5 offers among 11 of the players visiting this weekend. BC, Indiana, and Auburn (who lost out to....FAU?)

Fordham is on this list 3 times, that's as many as BC, Cinci, and Temple combined.

Get your point completely on FCS but peer FBS (MAC, MWC, maybe Sunbelt depending on position) don't count for anything anymore in comparisons?

Reaction Score
Get your point on FCS but peer FBS (MAC, MWC, maybe Sunbelt depending) don't count for anything anymore in comparison?
In the past, we always lookef to hear about what P5 schools might've offered our kids. We always viewed ourselves as above the now "peer FBS" schools (mid majors). Guess you're more of a realist than we are.

Reaction Score
In the past, we always lookef to hear about what P5 schools might've offered our kids. We always viewed ourselves as above the now "peer FBS" schools (mid majors). Guess you're more of a realist than we are.

No arguing that everyone wants more kids w/ P5 offers than those with no P5 offers all said and done but people also point out how more competitive some of these non-P5 FBS schools look than we do and our resultant lack of depth at certain positions. You can only pull from kids that have interest in the school/geography and conference. Has to start somewhere. (As a side note - when I have to google a school to find at what level they play @ - that's an issue ;))

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
No arguing that everyone wants more kids w/ P5 offers than those with no P5 offers all said and done but people also point out how more competitive some of these non-P5 FBS schools look than we do and our resultant lack of depth at certain positions. You can only pull from kids that have interest in the school/geography and conference. Has to continue into 4th season somewhere.

FIFY

Reaction Score

"offer from Georgetown"

Don't worry everything's fine!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I think you're confusing it with a Groucho Marx line:

"I wouldn't join any club that would have someone like me as a member".

Reaction Score

Same thing for the Fan Base no?

Reaction Score
Still committed to another school.
I don't think that's the case, because the last one on the list is currently committed to another school yet he is named. Must be something else. Could it be a potential transfer?

Reaction Score

"offer from Georgetown"

"holds offers from UConn, Central Connecticut State, Suffield Academy, Trinity College, Bates, Manchester Community College, St Josephs High School, Kingswood Oxford and Miss Porters School

Reaction Score

"offer from Georgetown"

This is a big problem.

Reaction Score
I'm so glad that the staff is NOW busy preparing for the recruiting season..... Great news seeing as the staff wasn't even capable of returning a PHONE CALL to our #2 recruit 2 weeks ago, who wisely decomitted. Go get em' Bobby!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know a lot of folks are critical of Matt and his articles because of their rah rah verbiage, and I often agree with the criticism, yet articles like these are what I appreciate. Outside of @huskymedic and his endless Twitter/google skills, there really is no other place to find in depth information about UConn recruiting. So thanks Matt for providing that insight.

Reaction Score
I'm so glad that the staff is NOW busy preparing for the recruiting season..... Great news seeing as the staff wasn't even capable of returning a PHONE CALL to our #2 recruit 2 weeks ago, who wisely decomitted. Go get em' Bobby!!!
You do know that the dad backed off his original story? Did anyone really believe the coaching staff was that negligent?

Reaction Score
You do know that the dad backed off his original story? Did anyone really believe the coaching staff was that negligent?

Ha!!!! No sir.... I did not! Just remember the thread being deleted and didn't give it much thought after that.

I can't believe there was something posted on the internet that wasn't completely accurate!

Reaction Score
Will he recommit now that the Temple coach is leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom