Maine *Game Thread* | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Maine *Game Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not even sure what to say. When the starters are in this is just an onslaught of dunks and blocks. It doesn't even look like a real game. I don't think Maine is very good....I'm trying not get too excited.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
tcf will be burning the midnight oil with his first highlight package of the season.

burn.jpg

Reaction Score
You need to look up the definition of complaint. Discussion isn't the same thing as a complaint.

Dude, we put up 100, Facey looked good, Enoch had moments, SC had moments and OC as well. Let it be for a night. Ok, maybe SC and OC missed a few, but other than a lull in the first half the 2nd team has been strong.....unless you're referring to the walk-ins....

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah has to try to block the ball a little softer so that his team can get the possession.
Miller and DHam need to defensive rebound as a priority.
Miller and Gibbs playing at a different level. DHam closing gap.
Purvis needs to stay more under control. He has plenty of help.
Jalen Adams, a five star recruit, is almost an after thought.
Cassell and Omar in a cage match for PT. Omar will play as much as his three point shot will permit him.
Monster team.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Dude, we put up 100, Facey looked good, Enoch had moments, SC had moments and OC as well. Let it be for a night. Ok, maybe SC and OC missed a few, but other than a lull in the first half the 2nd team has been strong.....unless you're referring to the walk-ins....
I didn't see anything wrong with Adam's play either...

Reaction Score
I didn't see anything wrong with Adam's play either...

No doubt, I think I grouped him in the first team, but strong for a first game appearance. The more I think about it, this may have been Facey's most active game yet, however somebody has to shat on the bench. You can't make this place up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Bad time for Nolan to be hurt, he's gonna fall behind Facey.

Reaction Score
Sterling - what's there to say? Love his game, mature and solid.
Shonn - WOW, I mean he dunks everything. And you can see how smart he is on D.
AB - blocks were unbelievable but remember who cleared the path for Shonn's ESPN follow up - Ab had 2 guys boxed on the low block opening the lane. Did some nice things, great catch and lay in late showed some hands. What wasn't to like?
Daniel - under control and he/AB have some chemistry don't they? He will score when he needs to, very good passer think he had 9 dimes.
Rodney - I like him attacking I will give up 2 TO's a game from him as long as he is attacking.
Jalen - one bad play 2nd half but mostly good, looked to play within himself expect him to gain confidence and then we'll see some special stuff. He's really good.
Omar - as someone said above his stroke from 3 will get his minutes but he still is more aggressive all over the court, both ends this year. Looks like he'll be a part of this
Kentan - He's bigger huh? Noticeable and he even finished off contact once, never would have last year. Did some nice things on the glass too, nice piece off the bench.
Sam Jr - he's not fast but he;s a good basketball player, nice added depth to the backcourt for sure.
Steve - hey the kid is a KID, but a big one. Love his 2 moves in which he moved the defender trying to finish, we haven't had a lot of that at PF for a while and he will eventually help. May be earlier than you think is all.

Really fun game to watch but I love the way they looked to push whenever possible and even sometimes when they shouldn't have. All good with me they will be a solid attacking team as long as they rebound the basketball. Nice start, hard not to be pretty excited about the potential.

Reaction Score
Bad time for Nolan to be hurt, he's gonna fall behind Facey.

Kenyan looked better no doubt, love the fact he got bigger and his athleticism is off the charts. But there are still things Phil does which KF hasn't transitioned into his game yet. But Facey looks like he may demand some of those bench minutes.

Reaction Score
I admittedly wasn't around to watch the game, but looking at the starting lineup, this is the best length we've had in a starting-five in a while: 7'0, 6'7, 6'7, 6'4, 6'2.

Decent length on the bench too: 6'10, 6'10, 6'9, 6'5, 6'4, 6'2.

Lots of length to generate turnovers and score on the fast break.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I admittedly wasn't around to watch the game, but looking at the starting lineup, this is the best length we've had in a starting-five in a while: 7'0, 6'7, 6'7, 6'4, 6'2.

Decent length on the bench too: 6'10, 6'10, 6'9, 6'5, 6'4, 6'2.

Lots of length to generate turnovers and score on the fast break.
You're a fan of length, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky