Magic number next year | The Boneyard

Magic number next year

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I say KO and the boys need to win atleast 24 regular season games. Anything less is disappointing unless they make the tournament.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
24 in our conference sounds about right.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure the team goes .500 in OOC play, 24 wins is way too high of a benchmark.

Reaction Score
I say KO and the boys need to win atleast 24 regular season games. Anything less is disappointing unless they make the tournament.

I realize that Larrier, Gilbert, and Diarra were hurt last year, but you still think a 16 win team that lost Purvis, Facey, Jackson, Brimah, Durham, and Enoch and gained very little this year is going to win 24 games? This is a 18 win team at best.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I realize that Larrier, Gilbert, and Diarra were hurt last year, but you still think a 16 win team that lost Purvis, Facey, Jackson, Brimah, Durham, and Enoch and gained very little this year is going to win 24 games? This is a 18 win team at best.
If that is the case this spring will be calm in storrs compared to next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Larrier and Gilbert are better than any of those five guys. Diarra? Unknown, but probably better than Durham or Enoch. As for what was added, a senior center, a JUCO pf/c, a senior defensive oriented guard, a freshman PF, a Freshman sf/pf. I'd say this roster is clearly better than last years after the injuries. It's probably not quite as good as last year's pre-injuries, but that team was preseason #16. Also, Adams as a junior beats Adams as a soph.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

How many games last year did we have only 6-7 guys play? These guys stay healthy and I don't think it's impossible. Anderson,Cobb and onuorah aren't incoming freshmen they've played at the college level.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking we will be a 22-10 ish team, with the chance to be a dangerous 7-11 seed. Think that saves KOs job along with a strong recruiting class. I also think there's the possibility that we will be much better than that. We have three guys who should be studs (Adams, Gilbert, Larrier). That should be more than enough (with help from Vital, Diarra and ___) to be one of the best teams in the AAC and a very dangerous team nationally.

If we're not, well, we may need to think about some changes up top... my $0.02.

Reaction Score
So you're saying no tournament? 2 more seasons of no tourney and KO is gone regardless of his contract.

Reaction Score
Our core players(Adams, Vital, Terry,Gilbert) are better than any core in the American conference. If we are not a 22-25 win team that is safely in the NCAA tournament, Ollie will no longer be here. This is UCONN and the word rebuilding should not be associated with the UCONN name going forward as you have lost the battle if you have to fight that message.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We have the best 4, and the worst depth. We seriously need a couple guys to have Vital like surprising impacts, if we want to safely make the tournament.

Reaction Score
24-ish wins and a solid NCAAT appearance (and sone national relevance at some point along the way) is required for a satisfying season.

20-ish wins and the bubble would be disappointing, but KO would be safe.

17-ish wins and not even sniffing a bid is unacceptable and KO is gone unless he has a top 5 class lined up for 2018.

Reaction Score
Above .500 record. We should see improvements as long as we stay healthy - that's key. The health factor puts us 20+/- wins. 2018 we should see no less than 24 wins... health factor of course and no transfers. Recruiting will be the difference next few years. Go huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom