Madison Square Garden | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Madison Square Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt as they say.. hate to break it to you but it is like that at EVERY major conference tourney. Ever been to UNC-Duke?
This is just flat out WRONG. I went to the ACC tourney when it was in Brooklyn. There was ZERO environment. But at least you have maintained your track record with this nonsense.

Reaction Score
This happens alot with UConn night games
They checked tix on the 10:43 last night. First night of three that I saw that. I was surprised. My theory is that in addition to it being hard to walk down the aisles when it's crowded, they don't have the heart to charge people who are standing.

Reaction Score
What a time to be alive, always wondered what it would have been like being in your late teens/early 20s in the late 80s/early 90s in nyc. What a time to be a young adult imo.
Didn't make the NIT in 88, but came down from UConn for our first Big East Tournament championship in 1990. Unforgettable experience.

Reaction Score
I learned a lesson last night. Don’t have to buy tickets for the trip back. There was standing room only on the 9:30 they couldn’t check tickets.
I would much rather have had a seat — or at least room to breathe — and had them take my ticket. I have been on post-UConn games that crowded before, but it couldn’t have been legal to run the 9:34 with as many people on it as were on it.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that MSG is not "Square" and it's not a Garden?

From the outside it is actually round and there are no plants anywhere. See what I mean?

TD Garden doesn't have any plants either, but it does have a T-line running underneath it. I'll let the imagination infer what the "D" stands for...

Reaction Score
At one media timeout, the big screen alternated between showing Husky and Marquette fans. The arena erupted in a chorus of cheers everytime a UConn supporter was shown, and boos everytime a Marquette fan was shown. This went on for probably 2 minutes and it was high comedy.

And yes, it was absolutely electric in there.
You could hear it very clearly on TV. The players were coming back on the court and looking at the jumbotron during it.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that MSG is not "Square" and it's not a Garden?

From the outside it is actually round and there are no plants anywhere. See what I mean?
And who’s this Madison girl?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was waiting for the drunk mojo post.
I ended up talking to a longtime Providence Friar fan at Dempsey’s for like 4 hours because he recognized my Johnnie Selvie jersey.

Turns out he was impressed I knew about Marvin Barnes’s criminal record.

But you can’t time the mojo posts, sometimes after your 17th beer you just feel it and you launch words onto the Yard. Maybe it’ll come maybe it won’t. I don’t even know myself.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I ended up talking to a longtime Providence Friar fan at Dempsey’s for like 4 hours because he recognized my Johnnie Selvie jersey.

But you can’t time the mojo posts, sometimes after your 17th beer you just feel it and you launch words onto the Yard. Maybe it’ll come maybe it won’t. I don’t even know myself.
I don't know you either so that's two of us. Glad you had a great time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't know you either so that's two of us. Glad you had a great time.
Always a blast. I was just happy to see the Garden packed with UConn fans and we finally made it to a Saturday.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Best Bad News Barnes story . . . "Barnes once refused to board a plane from Louisville to St. Louis. Because the flight was scheduled to arrive (Central Time) before its departure time (Eastern Time), Barnes famously said, "I ain't getting in no damn time machine." He rented a car instead."

Reaction Score
At one media timeout, the big screen alternated between showing Husky and Marquette fans. The arena erupted in a chorus of cheers everytime a UConn supporter was shown, and boos everytime a Marquette fan was shown. This went on for probably 2 minutes and it was high comedy.

And yes, it was absolutely electric in there.
It was incredible. I felt a little guilty (but not too much) about booing loudly when it was an older lady or child wearing a Marquette shirt.

Reaction Score
It was incredible. I felt a little guilty (but not too much) about booing loudly when it was an older lady or child wearing a Marquette shirt.
I don’t boo opponents or their fans just for being opponents. And the Marquette fans I took a moment to speak to were uniformally nice.

That having been said, that time out was as funny a reaction I’ve ever seen from a basketball crowd.

Reaction Score
I don’t boo opponents or their fans just for being opponents. And the Marquette fans I took a moment to speak to were uniformally nice.

That having been said, that time out was as funny a reaction I’ve ever seen from a basketball crowd.
would be great to see somewhere on youtube, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom