Madison Square Garden | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Madison Square Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It'll be at the Cap One Center in DC this year. Unless he's in NYC at MSG, Ed Cooley can check out what it looks like with fans in it .

This muddled bundle of disingenuity hints that you could be asking, answering, waffling, guessing, explaining, spitballing, trolling, or something else.

My only confidence is that your continued use of the pronoun "we" is an affront any poster who has offered you a sincere response. I don't trust you to regret such wormy behavior, but it wouldn't be out of line for a decent human being.
ACC is at the Cap Center? I live 16 miles from it in VA and didn't know. With *Maryland so close you think it would be all abuze around here? Crickets in the local pubs.

*I know.

Reaction Score
For me the love of MSG goes back to 1988 when I was in my early 20's and made the trip into NYC for both the semi finals and finals of the NIT from home in Connecticut. It wasn't the NCAA Final Four, but it was the first time we won like that. MSG was electric and I was so proud to be a Husky - I think I was smiling for a month!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
and of course the greatest Big East final of all time, 1996 - I was there with a bunch of UConn buddies.
2011 was pretty good as well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
After this week, especially Saturday, everyone should know why MSG is so big to UConn fans. If they don't, that's on them, don't try to reach / teach them

Shaka and Marquette fans know this, Pitino knows this, St John's fans hate us for it, even Izzo & Michigan State fans know this. We are sensational in the Garden, and I'm talking about the fans.

Thank you UConn Nation, how much fun was that?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
You could feel the electricity in msg last night even while watching it on tv. Great atmosphere. What a great run this has been so far.
At one media timeout, the big screen alternated between showing Husky and Marquette fans. The arena erupted in a chorus of cheers everytime a UConn supporter was shown, and boos everytime a Marquette fan was shown. This went on for probably 2 minutes and it was high comedy.

And yes, it was absolutely electric in there.

Reaction Score
At one media timeout, the big screen alternated between showing Husky and Marquette fans. The arena erupted in a chorus of cheers everytime a UConn supporter was shown, and boos everytime a Marquette fan was shown. This went on for probably 2 minutes and it was high comedy.

I was wondering what that was on television lol

There was one respectable “We are - Marquette” chant for a second

willie99

Reaction Score
BTW: UConn at MSG this year

7-0
6-1 ATS

willie99

Reaction Score
Doesn't UConn have more wins at MSG this season then St Johns ?

Well, St John's did cover in the semifinals. so there's that

Reaction Score
For me the love of MSG goes back to 1988 when I was in my early 20's and made the trip into NYC for both the semi finals and finals of the NIT from home in Connecticut. It wasn't the NCAA Final Four, but it was the first time we won like that. MSG was electric and I was so proud to be a Husky - I think I was smiling for a month!!
Re: UConn NIT.

I remember (maybe I still have the paper clip somewhere), reading an article that quoted a MSG usher as saying they had not seen the garden that loud and electric since the NY Knick's Willis Reed injury entrance, or something to that affect. The NIT win was a big, big thing, and foreshadowed the inevitable love story with the Garden.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that MSG is not "Square" and it's not a Garden?

From the outside it is actually round and there are no plants anywhere. See what I mean?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re: UConn NIT.

I remember (maybe I still have the paper clip somewhere), reading an article that quoted a MSG usher as saying they had not seen the garden that loud and electric since the NY Knick's Willis Reed injury entrance, or something to that affect. The NIT win was a big, big thing, and foreshadowed the inevitable love story with the Garden.
Bartender told me they love when UConn wins. I asked why, are we good tippers, he said no it's because we come in droves.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Credit to the Marquette fans that went along with it, even their band and mascot were playing along

Reaction Score
I learned a lesson last night. Don’t have to buy tickets for the trip back. There was standing room only on the 9:30 they couldn’t check tickets.
This happens alot with UConn night games

Reaction Score
What a time to be alive, always wondered what it would have been like being in your late teens/early 20s in the late 80s/early 90s in nyc. What a time to be a young adult imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom