Mac Etienne | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mac Etienne

Reaction Score
Roberto Alomar got a five-game suspension for spitting in an umpire's face after already getting kicked out of a game for arguing a strike three call and then going back into the ump's face while having to be held back by coaches.

Mac made a stupid choice, but he did it in such an instantly, unpremeditated moment that lasted five seconds.

He'll get suspended, but if we're comparing this to Alomar, it's totally different. Give him a game or two and that's it.

Getting arrested? That's ridiculous. No need for that.
I get where you're coming from and don't think he needs to go to jail or anything. But hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt for a heat of the moment choice when he made the same choice at halftime and post-game. Once is a bad choice, twice is a trend

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Roberto Alomar got a five-game suspension for spitting in an umpire's face after already getting kicked out of a game for arguing a strike three call and then going back into the ump's face while having to be held back by coaches.

Mac made a stupid choice, but he did it in such an instantly, unpremeditated moment that lasted five seconds.

He'll get suspended, but if we're comparing this to Alomar, it's totally different. Give him a game or two and that's it.

The nuance it was a fan not another player, coach official or anyone else involved in game. Not sure how much leeway police have if the fan wants to press charges.

overall a citation and some sort of "diversion" program with a small fine seems more reasonable than being arrested over it.

Reaction Score

He spit at them twice, at halftime and at the end of the game. He was arrested but not taken away in handcuffs or anything and he traveled with the team to ASU after. It's more than a parking ticket and he'll have to appear in court (in person or remotely) but certainly not a big deal in the eyes of the law. Don't want his career ruined or anything but he's got some issues doing this twice and should face a significant suspension.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize the halftime issue in addition to the end of game issue. Ignore my previous post.

Reaction Score
Saliva is meant to be spit. That's partly what saliva is for. Expectorating removes allergens, viruses and generally keeps us healthy. Just dont spit on people or sidewalks or where someone will encounter it.
So I guess in the same category as snot.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
So he spat at someone at halftime and wasn't kicked out of the game? I don't get that.

If it was me, I'd kick him off the team for behavior like that. The first time he spat, ok you're benched but twice? I'm sorry it's over.

Arrest? Does seem a bit much.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Thank for we landed Sanogo.

Javonte Brown Ferguson is another one getting no time and seemingly frustrated at Texas A&M. On the outside looking in at a 11 man rotation there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes it is
Try Again Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
Don't spit on people in general. Really don't spit on people during a pandemic.

agreed, you never do that, yet I still want to know what the fans said. Maybe both sides need a lesson here.

Reaction Score
Interesting trend of athletes not taking crowd attacks anymore. They say thick skin is required to be an athlete or coach, but what about the thin skinned babies chanting obscenities at them?
What about them? They're idiots but it's just words. Hurley yelled back at the "fans" who yelled at him. I think it's a bad look for the guy making nearly 3 mil. per year representing the state University to do that but it's fine. If he spit on those fans a couple of times I would expect the University to fire him that night.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What about them? They're idiots but it's just words. Hurley yelled back at the "fans" who yelled at him. I think it's a bad look for the guy making nearly 3 mil. per year representing the state University to do that but it's fine. If he spit on those fans a couple of times I would expect the University to fire him that night.
I don’t know what was being said to Etienne, so can’t really comment on it, but I never understood why it’s considered part of the job to turn the other cheek when ppl scream outrageous stuff at you—or why that’s considered the “noble” thing to do. You definitely could argue you should try not to react to it and tune it out because it’s the best thing for your own sanity and image, but beyond that who gives an if some idiot gets something coming to him after saying something he wouldn’t have the balls to say if he thought you could do something about it.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what was being said to Etienne, so can’t really comment on it, but I never understood why it’s considered part of the job to turn the other cheek when ppl scream outrageous stuff at you—or why that’s considered the “noble” thing to do. You definitely could argue you should try not to react to it and tune it out because it’s the best thing for your own sanity and image, but beyond that who gives an if some idiot gets something coming to him after saying something he wouldn’t have the balls to say if he thought you could do something about it.
You should spit on people who yell at you?

Reaction Score
You don’t have to turn the other cheek. But spit? You do realize he probably spit on someone incidentally who didn’t even say anything to him? Spitting into a crowd of people is reckless and should be universally condemned. No one should give a rats a s s what was said to him. It literally doesn’t matter. If he went and grabbed the guys who theoretically verbally assaulted him I’d be less ready to condemn. But to spit into a crowd of people, not once but twice is insane. And no one should be defending it.

Reaction Score
This ^.
As much as the optic in that scenario is bad, I get more worried about it from a standpoint of it potentially escalating if someone does something stupid. (Fan or coach)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You should spit on people who yell at you?
Depends on what they yell.

There are plenty of things people can say that earn them getting punched in the face. So, I guess it comes down to where you put spitting in the hierarchy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom