Mac Etienne | The Boneyard

Mac Etienne

Reaction Score
Probably a good thing UConn didn't end up getting him...

Reaction Score
Oof. Looks like he was arrested as well and is facing an assault charge. Kid might've thrown his whole career out the window with one insanely stupid decision.

Reaction Score
It’s gross and inexcusable but you never know what someone may have said. Sometimes the words that prompt things like that are worse. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about it.

Reaction Score
and scare him ... but it's not assault in this world

Reaction Score
He'll get a suspension from UCLA from this, he hasn't played all season so won't be a hard choice for UCLA. I'd say we made the right choice in our 2021 (and eventual 2020 reclassified) C recruiting, in terms of play and character

Reaction Score
It’s gross and inexcusable but you never know what someone may have said. Sometimes the words that prompt things like that are worse. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about it.
Words vs actions vs consequences. I think you get what I'm trying to say

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He needs to be disciplined, but I hope it's not some life altering event for the kid, or any kid.

Of course, that's my attitude with everyone, don't overreact. Unfortunately, society has morphed into one that relishes personal destruction.

Fortunately for him, he's probably on the right side of the tracks. Someone like me would be in deep doodoo. Charged with a "hate crime" at the minimum. Maybe even subpoenaed for a congressional hearing or something

I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and a second chance. Unless this is a patern for him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how it will be handled. Spitting is unacceptable, but it’s not like he went in the crowd after the guy. Will they charge him? How will his school discipline him?

Reaction Score
Joke Shade GIF by Desus & Mero

Reaction Score
Even spitting on the sidewalk is disgusting. Can't quite figure out the spitting thing.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
He needs to be disciplined, but I hope it's not some life altering event for the kid, or any kid.

Of course, that's my attitude with everyone, don't overreact. Unfortunately, society has morphed into one that relishes personal destruction.

Fortunately for him, he's probably on the right side of the tracks. Someone like me would be in deep doodoo. Charged with a "hate crime" at the minimum. Maybe even subpoenaed for a congressional hearing or something

I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and a second chance. Unless this is a patern for him.
he did it again at the end of the game

Reaction Score
Do you know what inexcusable means? My point is, we might not need to cancel Mac’s career over this. Maybe, though inexcusable, it was prompted by something that would make it a little more understandable.
Pun Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Even spitting on the sidewalk is disgusting. Can't quite figure out the spitting thing.
Saliva is meant to be spit. That's partly what saliva is for. Expectorating removes allergens, viruses and generally keeps us healthy. Just dont spit on people or sidewalks or where someone will encounter it.

Reaction Score
Roberto Alomar got a five-game suspension for spitting in an umpire's face after already getting kicked out of a game for arguing a strike three call and then going back into the ump's face while having to be held back by coaches.

Mac made a stupid choice, but he did it in such an instantly, unpremeditated moment that lasted five seconds.

He'll get suspended, but if we're comparing this to Alomar, it's totally different. Give him a game or two and that's it.

Getting arrested? That's ridiculous. No need for that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how it will be handled. Spitting is unacceptable, but it’s not like he went in the crowd after the guy. Will they charge him? How will his school discipline him?

Yeah, Marcus Smart's career didn't end after he physically assaulted a fan (who he claimed had used the n-word). He got 3 games.

This is bad, particularly because we're in the midst of a pandemic involving a highly-transmissible virus, and the kid should face the consequences, but let's not throw this kid in jail for chrissakes.

Reaction Score

I've seen some awful takes on the BY but this one is up there. Appreciate how you pivot from downplaying a player spitting on fans to somehow playing the victim yourself and end it by sharing your thoughts on society at large.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom