Mac CT Gatorade POY | The Boneyard

Mac CT Gatorade POY

Reaction Score
Is this the HS award too that Clingan would be involved in? Hope not as I can't see how they would even have preps in with local HS kids.

Like that he's liking UConn and everything but this wouldn't be fair to a kid from Bristol Central or Wamogo. Heck even East Catholic and Xavier.

Reaction Score
Is this the HS award too that Clingan would be involved in? Hope not as I can't see how they would even have preps in with local HS kids.

Like that he's liking UConn and everything but this wouldn't be fair to a kid from Bristol Central or Wamogo. Heck even East Catholic and Xavier.

Almost positive it's just one for all of HS. So yes, Clingan/Windsor kids/Knowling were all involved. Not 100% sure though, but I don't recall there being a distinction in the past.

Reaction Score

Most of Connecticut has still never heard of Wamogo outside of the Boneyard. I'll be sure to remind Chuck next time I see him that his memory is keeping the Warrior's on the map all these decades later.

Reaction Score
Most of Connecticut has still never heard of Wamogo outside of the Boneyard. I'll be sure to remind Chuck next time I see him that his memory is keeping the Warrior's on the map all these decades later.

My favorite Wamogo fact is I'm fairly certain that, while it serves the towns of Warren, Morris and Goshen, it isn't physically locate in any of them. I think it's outside the district in Litchfield.

Reaction Score
Is Etienne actually from Suffield CT? I am from a town over the line form Suffield in MA and never heard of him until the recruiting talk began here.

Reaction Score
Is Etienne actually from Suffield CT? I am from a town over the line form Suffield in MA and never heard of him until the recruiting talk began here.

Middletown.

Reaction Score

I just threw one out and the only reason I am sure Wamogo hit me was Chuck.

Reaction Score
My favorite Wamogo fact is I'm fairly certain that, while it serves the towns of Warren, Morris and Goshen, it isn't physically locate in any of them. I think it's outside the district in Litchfield.
Yes, it's in Litchfield. The craziest thing is there's two high schools in Litchfield with dwindling enrollments. The amimosity between the two schools has always been real and has kept them from merging the schools which should have been done decades ago.

Reaction Score
Which player were you expecting to win?

hassan diarra at PSA led his team to a national prep championship. Clingan had monster monster numbers. Knowling led East Catholic to have best resume for a CIAC team in a long time with wins over ranked teams from New York, mass and Rhode Island. I like Mac and want him to come to uconn but his team had a losing record.

Reaction Score
hassan diarra at PSA led his team to a national prep championship. Clingan had monster monster numbers. Knowling led East Catholic to have best resume for a CIAC team in a long time with wins over ranked teams from New York, mass and Rhode Island. I like Mac and want him to come to uconn but his team had a losing record.

I thought Knowling deserved it. But East didn't lose a game without him. I know coaches who think that played against him.

Clingan wasn't going to get it bc he'a an underclassmen.

Diarra isn't from CT. It doesn't disqualify him I'm pretty sure, but they like to give it to CT residents if you look at past results.

Mac was kind of the consolation prize I think. Regardleas, he's a fantastic talent and worthy of praise. IMO the highest ceiling player of the group

Reaction Score
I thought Knowling deserved it. But East didn't lose a game without him. I know coaches who think that played against him.

Clingan wasn't going to get it bc he'a an underclassmen.

Diarra isn't from CT. It doesn't disqualify him I'm pretty sure, but they like to give it to CT residents if you look at past results.

Mac was kind of the consolation prize I think. Regardleas, he's a fantastic talent and worthy of praise. IMO the highest ceiling player of the group
Etienne isn't from CT.

Reaction Score
Etienne isn't from CT.

Youre right. Middletown NY. I distinctly remember him in 8th grade(?) in AAU with a middletown jersey on bc he was so freaking huge. I mixed it up with middletown ct teams

Reaction Score
Very surprised by this. Matt Knowling was the more know commodity and didn't do anything to detract from that. He's a really good player and will be a good one for Yale. Clingan may win the next two years if he keeps racking up those numbers.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's in Litchfield. The craziest thing is there's two high schools in Litchfield with dwindling enrollments. The amimosity between the two schools has always been real and has kept them from merging the schools which should have been done decades ago.
Well, the kids that go to Wamogo aren't from Litchfield. Warren, Morris and Goshen. Wamogo get's a lot of kids from other towns for their AG program and that entire section of the school is brand new. I hope they never merge the schools. Smaller class sizes make for a pretty good public school system. I shared in that rivalry so maybe I disqualify myself. They've always had a pretty successful basketball team for a school with a class size around 70-80. Also, I'm not sure if Warren would send their kids to a school in Litchfield if that happened. They're probably closer to Housatonic or one of those schools.

Reaction Score
Well, the kids that go to Wamogo aren't from Litchfield.
That's the whole point, Litchfield should have a regional high school. It's ridiculous they don't. Ltichfield has 4 different volunteer fire departments with their own trucks. The little hamlet way of thinking ruins Connecticut. There shouldn't be these little 15 square mile cities and these little 1,400 person towns.

Reaction Score
That's the whole point, Litchfield should have a regional high school. It's ridiculous they don't. Ltichfield has 4 different volunteer fire departments with their own trucks. The little hamlet way of thinking ruins Connecticut. There shouldn't be these little 15 square mile cities and these little 1,400 person towns.
You're probably right. Still, I enjoyed seeing Litchfield lose when I was in school. Chuck still lives in town and still played pick up games every once in a while when I was in High School. His kids went to Wamogo too. Good guy, well-liked.I felt like he was closer to 6' 6" than 6' 10" though. It's not too easy to tell when looking up though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're probably right. Still, I enjoyed seeing Litchfield lose when I was in school. Chuck still lives in town and still played pick up games every once in a while when I was in High School. His kids went to Wamogo too. Good guy, well-liked. I felt like he was closer to 6' 6" than 6' 10" though. It's not too easy to tell when looking up though.
My mom is friend's with his wife who is tiny and I remember him playing in the over 40 league at Forman way back in the day. I think he's every bit of 6"10 and not at all a skinny 6'10, he was built. Wamogo always seemed a little better in hoops than Litchfield.

Reaction Score

1585259298725.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom