Lynx @ Storm tonight on ESPN2. | The Boneyard

Lynx @ Storm tonight on ESPN2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
10 pm eastern. I know the 3 Olympians are back on the court for the Lynx, what about Seattle?. Sue, Lauren?

Reaction Score
Lynx @ Storm tonight on ESPN2
Thanks for the heads-up. And thanks for posting this with enough lead time to be useful.

I'd like to suggest EVERYBODY start using 'Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ...' etc. to describe schedules. "Tonight" is misleading tomorrow.

Please, folks - it's easy to be perfectly clear about schedule time in a subject headline.

Reaction Score
True. It's not like every post is time stamped or anything.
Aaah! There's a fly in your oinkment, namely that reading the time stamp requires a lot of squinting for the over-60 set, which group is heavily represented on this message board. The thread title line, in contrast, is in a big, fat, easily readable, bolded type font.

I stand by my request.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Aaah! There's a fly in your oinkment, namely that reading the time stamp requires a lot of squinting for the over-60 set, which group is heavily represented on this message board. The thread title line, in contrast, is in a big, fat, easily readable, bolded type font.

I stand by my request.

And a good request it is...only makes sense. Why waste time reading a post if you've been gone a few days and the thread is about a game that occurred two days ago. Mentioning the day and date would not be overkill in my opinion.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle has had at least one (former) Olympian in their lineup the past two games. We know her well:

ABROSIMOVA.jpg

Reaction Score
AAAAAAHHHhhhhhh, Svetochka - if only I had been born 30 years later!

LOL!

U

UCONNfan1

Sveta looks awesome. I wonder why she didn't make the Russian Olympic team...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A number of other Russian Olympic WBB players looked pretty awesome too. :)

I was at that Fairfield game last season. Svet definitely looked stunning.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya playing like she's possessed.....in a good way :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
10 pm eastern. I know the 3 Olympians are back on the court for the Lynx, what about Seattle?. Sue, Lauren?

Bird is in, looking good - LJ on bench but not playing tonight

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Alysha Clark from Middle Tenn State is in for the Storm - will be interesting to see how she does

Reaction Score
Interesting. Candice Wiggins was just called for a flagrant, and Reeves tried to argue that the ref didn't really see the foul but instead called it based on reputation.

Hmm...does Wiggins have a rep for being a dirty player?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Golden Girl Maya Moore: 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO. And it's not over yet. She was the Western POW last week and is in the running again.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lynx have 24 assists on 32 baskets. It's like a UConn game!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sveta in great shape, running the floor, tough defense, missed a couple that might have made it closer but she's gonna contribute.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lynx shoot lights out. Brunson, Seimone, and Maya all score 20+. Repeat?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That was fun to watch - Lynx look very good - shot 57% from 3 and 52 % for the game. Maya is just joy to watch and Brunson was really impressive on the boards.
Sveta and Sue, ahh, be still my heart!
Storm could be pretty impressive when LJ and Wauters get back.
OH and yeah - 'Lauren Jackson Must Play!!!!' I am outraged that she hasn't played since the Olympics! :)confused:)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Interesting. Candice Wiggins was just called for a flagrant, and Reeves tried to argue that the ref didn't really see the foul but instead called it based on reputation.

Hmm...does Wiggins have a rep for being a dirty player?

I kind of thought she meant that it was on Little's reputation...she mentioned that the ref didn't call it until after he saw her reaction, so maybe he was protecting her?

Also, can Rebecca Lobo call all basketball games, ever? She is hilarious.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I kind of thought she meant that it was on Little's reputation...she mentioned that the ref didn't call it until after he saw her reaction, so maybe he was protecting her?

Also, can Rebecca Lobo call all basketball games, ever? She is hilarious.
That was the first color I from Lobo I have heard in a long time and thought it was very good - better than her sideline work. She was funny and very informative. Interesting comments on Sveta's gambling on defense.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
That was the first color I from Lobo I have heard in a long time and thought it was very good - better than her sideline work. She was funny and very informative. Interesting comments on Sveta's gambling on defense.

Lobo was outstanding last night - she and Gannon make an exceptionally good team IMO

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the announcers. Both were very good. They managed to discuss whatever they wanted while still keeping us informed on who was scoring and who was coming in and out of the game. Also I'll say I think Seattle will be very dangerous when they get Thompson, Jackson, and Wauters back. Minny will have their hands full in the 1st round for sure...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the announcers. Both were very good. They managed to discuss whatever they wanted while still keeping us informed on who was scoring and who was coming in and out of the game. Also I'll say I think Seattle will be very dangerous when they get Thompson, Jackson, and Wauters back. Minny will have their hands full in the 1st round for sure...

I agree - having LJ alone last night would have made a world of difference. With Wauters and TT as well? They will be tough.

Minny's my favorite team (shocker) but Seattle is going to be a tough out. LA is very tough, and SA is coming on strong. Getting out of the Western conference to the Finals this year will be like making out alive from a shootout at the OK Corral.

Minny's young bigs need to keep improving, but with injuries they're mostly standing still. They will have to take a big step forward next year without Mama Taj around. She is second in blocks in the WNBA this year and gives them pretty solid minutes on both ends, as well as great leadership. Amber needs to use the winter Euro season to get tougher inside, and Adair needs to get healthy. Dev Peters is a wildcard -- definitely needs to gain more experience but she should be better next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom