Lyle McCombs no longer part of Football Team | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lyle McCombs no longer part of Football Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Read my posts a little further down in the thread. I've already said my last word on thos subject.
I'm sure, and I wasn't trying to start a conversation or anything; was just sayin

Reaction Score
Or for being our 4th highest all time rusher, or for finishing up his degree, and that RW005 was just trying to "keep it classy"...

He is the 4th all-time rusher?? Wow. That is hard to believe. Not doubting you, just can't believe it!

Terry Caulley, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman all come to mind as guys that would be ahead of LM.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He is the 4th all-time rusher?? Wow. That is hard to believe. Not doubting you, just can't believe it!

Terry Caulley, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman all come to mind as guys that would be ahead of LM.

It's crazy, right? I had no idea either, until I saw it listed in the paper. Here is a list for UConn that was not updated to include last year's stats:

www.totalfootballstats.com/ConnecticutHuskies.asp

He's behind Brown, Caulley, and Todman. Sadly, he would have likely ended up second if he stayed on the team (I don't think he would have caught Brown barring any "breakout" year)...

Reaction Score
It's crazy, right? I had no idea either, until I saw it listed in the paper. Here is a list for UConn that was not updated to include last year's stats:

He's behind Brown, Caulley, and Todman. Sadly, he would have likely ended up second if he stayed on the team (I don't think he would have caught Brown barring any "breakout" year)...

Ah, forgot about Brown. How could I?! That's crazy. Good for him. Left his mark at Uconn. Best of luck to him in the future. The Future is now for the Uconn Huskies. Looking forward to seeing what the youngsters can bring to the table for the Huskies in 2014 and beyond.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I thought Tory Taylor would be higher than he is in UConn History. This list referenced above states he only played one year (1995). In reality, Taylor had 1905 rushing yards and over 1,100 receiving yards, plus punt and kick returns. Taylor had over 5,200 net offensive yards from 1995-1998.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I thought Tory Taylor would be higher than he is in UConn History. This list referenced above states he only played one year (1995). In reality, Taylor had 1905 rushing yards and over 1,100 receiving yards, plus punt and kick returns. Taylor had over 5,200 net offensive yards from 1995-1998.

I was surprised by Taylor's numbers too. Good call. I couldn't find a better site, though. Some other notable corrected numbers on there:

1) Chandler Whitmer is the 4th highest yard total for QB's in UConn history (3,560), and could conceivably become the 2nd all time if he got enough time at QB this coming year (he'll need 325 yards, but he'll never catch Orlovsky at 10,706!)

2) Geremy Davis is currently 5th highest yard total for WR's (1,698), one yard behind Kashif Moore. He could easily grab the record from Mark Didio (2,507) this year if he has a "Davis" type of year again.

For all of the bad stuff that the program had over the last three years, it's amazing that we still had guys that produced numbers. That, and I miss Orlovsky... ;)

Reaction Score
Are these/those numbers ALL-Time all time or since becoming D-1?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Are these/those numbers ALL-Time all time or since becoming D-1?

All time. Didio and Taylor weren't part of the move to 1-A...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fairly shocked to read those all time numbers with regards to McCombs, Davis and Whitmer.

At least Davis should have a good shot at moving up the list.

Reaction Score
Fairly shocked to read those all time numbers with regards to McCombs, Davis and Whitmer.

At least Davis should have a good shot at moving up the list.

The site says it's only from 1970 on. And the numbers are suspect. Matt Degennaro has less than 2,000 yards passing?

Leon Kinnard is 25th in school history with a whopping 3 yards passing. Bogus list.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The site says it's only from 1970 on. And the numbers are suspect. Matt Degennaro has less than 2,000 yards passing?

Leon Kinnard is 25th in school history with a whopping 3 yards passing. Bogus list.

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't really go through the list, just commenting on the prior posts.

I wish UConn had some more accessible stats and historical records. I believe they are in the year books but you have to download the pdf and they don't update obviously throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't really go through the list, just commenting on the prior posts.

I wish UConn had some more accessible stats and historical records. I believe they are in the year books but you have to download the pdf and they don't update obviously throughout the season.

It also lists our home stadium as Heinz Field with a capacity of 65k. So take the info there with a heavy grain of salt.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It also lists our home stadium as Heinz Field with a capacity of 65k. So take the info there with a heavy grain of salt.

Which Dan was actually listed as our top passer of all time - Orlovsky or Marino?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/part-6.pdf

The 2014 Media guide is not yet available, but here is the spring prospectus.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/2014-spring-guide-pdfversion.html

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sports reference looks complete from 2000 on.

passing yards
DO
Chandler
Frazer
Lorenzen
Endres
Trick Shot Johnny

Rushing Yards
Brown
TC
Todman
McCombs
Brockington
Dixon
Bellamy

Receiving
Davis
Moore
Henry
Griffin
Williams
Feldeisen
Smith

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

The list that you linked from UConn doesn't have the updated numbers for McCombs and Davis. But the other numbers are in agreement with the original list. So it looks like McCombs, Davis, and Chandler are indeed that high up in the UConn all-time rankings...

Reaction Score
I guess Heinz bought The Rent out. Nice corporate sponsorship! :p

However, that website, has a good amount of inaccurate data...Colonial Conference was Yankee Conference, and weren't we in the A-10 during 98? I remember we won some division trophy.

Honestly though, the media guides are a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom