Lville UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lville UConn

Reaction Score
Didn't Louisville play us even for three quarters last year? And no Kia and no Gabby this year. This one's going to be tight. Lou needs to make some threes, and it would be nice if CW can contrubute.
After the game some in the WBB world were making a big deal that Louisville "won the last 3 quarters"... when in actuality, UCONN jumped out to a big 1st quarter lead (24 - 6)...and UCONN Won the 2nd Quarter by 2pts... then Louisville outscored UCONN by 3 in 3rd and slowly cut the lead in the 4th. IT's a ridiculous argument to say the "won the last 3 quarters"... since is always takes FOUR quarters to win any game...but of course the numbers prove Louisville "won" the 3rd and 4th quarters...but not the 1st and 2nd...and of course NOT the GAME.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After the UCF game, most were doing a victory dance and calling the game UConn's best all-around effort to date. However, as I watched that game I was very impressed with the Huskies' transition defense, once the game settled down to a more conventional half-court contest I was less impressed. UCF was able to penetrate easily into the paint from which they repeatedly scored short jumpers. Lou in her pre-game comments yesterday confessed that this team does not have very good individual defenders. So, she said, they are concentrating on "team defense." That seemed to mean a more layered scheme where there are multiple defenders picking up as the opponent tries to drive toward the basket. This needs to work if the Cardinals are to be held in check. Otherwise it'll be a track meet in which UConn will have to outscore L'ville.
But thanks for the hecture, Tony.

Agreed. I watched that game 3 times and noticed the same thing. Playing good defense is exhausting. UConn can ill afford to relax at anytime during THIS game. Geno may have to use a reserve or two to give the starters a brief blow. In this type of game, I don't expect Geno to go past 2 bench players if that many.

Reaction Score
After the game some in the WBB world were making a big deal that Louisville "won the last 3 quarters"... when in actuality, UCONN jumped out to a big 1st quarter lead (24 - 6)...and UCONN Won the 2nd Quarter by 2pts... then Louisville outscored UCONN by 3 in 3rd and slowly cut the lead in the 4th. IT's a ridiculous argument to say the "won the last 3 quarters"... since is always takes FOUR quarters to win any game...but of course the numbers prove Louisville "won" the 3rd and 4th quarters...but not the 1st and 2nd...and of course NOT the GAME.
Geno did not have Kia play Durr the same way 2nd half --- UConn played a different game 2nd half.

He sandbags in these reg season games if its not close with somebody he might see in the tournament

Reaction Score
People forget Hines Allen's contribution. We shoot, score, or rebound and put back and Durr will not be barreling down the court.

Boom. Hines Allen was a difference maker in this match-up. Durr may get hers but it won’t be near enough. 18-1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom