Lurkers from other teams | The Boneyard

Lurkers from other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was the other site the END for them since most "dont read UConn trash" or are they going to come on over to the new site?

Will this site be added to their "favorites"?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Check your editing. Not sure what you are trying to say or if a word was lopped off at the beginning of the post. Also, who is "his?"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nope looks fine to me.... was

and thanks for proofreading my post before I took my morning nap or I would have missed his.... (corrected)

BTW make sure you do this favor for every other poster, I hate "looking" special all alone

Reaction Score
Check your editing. Not sure what you are trying to say or if a word was lopped off at the begiing of the post...

Yeah, the "begiings" will get you every time. Maybe you remember the Cole Porter flop "Begiin the Begiing" from the 1930s.

JS

Reaction Score
was the other site the END for them since most "dont read UConn trash" or are they going to come on over to the new site?

Will his site be added to their "favorites"?

Sounds like you have a particular other board in mind, DC. You could ask them, but I have my druthers on the subject.

Those who "don't read" our board, but really do, will find us without trouble.

So, unfortunately, will those whose bitterness and slanderous inclinations toward UConn and its fans are totally ingrained and will be forever. Would be nice (wishful thinking) if they'd continue to lurk the old board, even if what they're looking for -- things to cherry pick, take home, twist, exaggerate and generalize -- may be more sparse.

The good news is that the numerous good ambassadors for their fan base who've come here and shared their feelings and appreciated ours -- all with perspective, sincerity and a sense of the really important things we have in common -- will continue to be more than welcome here. I truly hope they keep coming.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
nope looks fine to me.... was

and thanks for proofreading my post before I took my morning nap or I would have missed his.... (corrected)

BTW make sure you do this favor for every other poster, I hate "looking" special all alone

Sorry, DC, not trying to provoke you but I simply could not and can not understand what you are saying/asking. The body of the text started with a small "w" was and seemed to be a partial thought since I couldn't make it fit with the title. I don't mind admitting to being a bit dense.

I rarely proofread people's statements unless asking questions for the sake of clarity just as I was this time. I do proofread my own and regularly go back and correct typos and dropouts. You will note that my response was in the form of a question. Sometimes letters and words get dropped just like in my "begiings." Sometimes those dropouts change meanings and that is all I was asking.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds like you have a particular other board in mind, DC. You could ask them, but I have my druthers on the subject.

Those who "don't read" our board, but really do, will find us without trouble.

So, unfortunately, will those whose bitterness and slanderous inclinations toward UConn and its fans are totally ingrained and will be forever. Would be nice (wishful thinking) if they'd continue to lurk the old board, even if what they're looking for -- things to cherry pick, take home, twist, exaggerate and generalize -- may be more sparse.

The good news is that the numerous good ambassadors for their fan base who've come here and shared their feelings and appreciated ours -- all with perspective, sincerity and a sense of the really important things we have in common -- will continue to be more than welcome here. I truly hope they keep coming.

Amen, JS.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah, the "begiings" will get you every time. Maybe you remember the Cole Porter flop "Begiin the Begiing" from the 1930s.

Yalies don't flop.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
let them eat trash, says I! Too bad we couldn't have moved and left no forwarding address. Incidentally, I am so proud of having brought my Biffster Customized Zorro/zorro composite over here! The first semi-clever thing I have ever been able to do on a computer. Prolly the last, too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
only Dookies do... (men)

qsukg8.gif

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
oldecoach will never find us here, shhhhhhh!

Reaction Score
Miami Hurricanes fan here and SoFla resident. I have been a lurker here for years and a fan of UConn WB program since I lived in CT 1994-1995.

Reaction Score
hey Ice! thanks for the welcome. It's been a busy summer, but I found your new site after reading about Pat S. Sad. :(

Hope you are well and staying out of Irene's way.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Miami Hurricanes fan here and SoFla resident. I have been a lurker here for years and a fan of UConn WB program since I lived in CT 1994-1995.

Hiya.....your name isn't Irene by any chance, is it?

Reaction Score

LOL. No. After I posted I wondered about the propriety of posting under my screen name as a hurricane is bearing down on you all. Hope you ride it out OK.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was thinking that there aren't many fans of hurricanes (lower case) around here.

Cardfan--how's the hurricane in Palo Alto? Sunny and 80?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
LOL. No. After I posted I wondered about the propriety of posting under my screen name as a hurricane is bearing down on you all. Hope you ride it out OK.
Stormsurge and Miami Hurricanes did give me pause....but I will get over it! :p

Thanks for the good wishes!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Will this site be added to their "favorites"?

How do you feel about it? Do you think they will come over to the new site? And who are you quoting with the "dont read Uconn trash"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom