Lunardi has Wisonsin and Pitt in his Final Four | The Boneyard

Lunardi has Wisonsin and Pitt in his Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitt???....the NCAA tourney is in March, right? PITT???....Really????

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lunardi fills out a bracket like my nana.

'cept she sometimes wins...

After all, 'most likeable mascots' or 'color of uniform systems' have been known to bring down the big prize on occasion.

Reaction Score
Why not, if you pick the same as every else, it's just a glance over.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just stick to predicting who does what in the selection room, not on the court, Joe.

Reaction Score
Bo's style of play and his players are not a good fit in March. Has he ever made the FF? He has an outstanding home court record but the Dance is not in Madison. Additionally he does not get the really top players the bona fide NCAA powers get (UC, Carolina, Duke Kansas, KY, etc) Usually the NCAA winner has 2-3 NBA prospects, does Bo Qualify????????????

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we would be the undefeated two seed in tournament history

:cool:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These early season predictions are nothing more than stretching the grey matter. Take them with a grain of salt. They mean nothing and we can at least learn something about teams that UConn won't be playing.

Lunardi did a credible job the last couple of weeks leading up to last season's tournament. He was wrong in that he gave UConn a one seed and it ended up with UConn getting a two seed.

It's his end of the season evaluations that matter.

Just because some people aren't talking us up now, does it really matter? I'm not trying to sound like an *sshole here, but the only opinion that should matter is our own. I'm not sure we really need confirmation from the world if we know we understand something they don't. I guess I'm admitting my age here. I've gotten old enough that I no longer need my parents or my teachers or my boss's approval to know who I am. In fact I'm at the age where I'm looking for the guy in the sky's approval. Although not so old that I ignore my better half's approval.

But you young ins can get bent out of shape all you want if someone fails to endorse and confirm your viewpoint. Once you get a good handle on who you are, this drama won't be necessary.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Lunardi did a credible job the last couple of weeks leading up to last season's tournament. He was wrong in that he gave UConn a one seed and it ended up with UConn getting a two seed.

Umm, I'm pretty sure UConn was a 3 seed in last year's tourney.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pitt???....the NCAA tourney is in March, right? PITT???....Really????

Classic example of doing a sanity check on your numbers. Pitt hasn't ever overachieved in the shcools history and this year, on paper, has at least a half dozen teams with way more talent than Pitt. If there was ever a year to have them bowing out on Saturday of week one, this is it.

I didn't click on the link but was checking out other stuff on ESPN today. Did he really pick a FF of Vandy, UCLA, Pitt and Wisconsin? In a year when Uconn, UNC, OSU and UK are as talented as they are? Really? His boss at ESPN should mandate Joe put his year's salary on any one those teams to make the FF before he published his report.

Reaction Score
I think Lunardi is a pretty smart guy. The correct question to ask isn't "Why does this clown have a job?" Because for what he could possibly do, I think he does a decent job (since if you read other sites who have other people doing similar things, he does comparatively or better). The question is: "Why does his job exist?" That is, why hire someone to conduct an impossible undertaking. They basically ask him to predict what the opinions of a committee of strangers who essentially change their criteria on a whim will be. And in this case, predict what they will do before the season even begins. Futile. The answer to that question, of course, is page views. Which is the only thing that matters to ESPN.com.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Classic example of doing a sanity check on your numbers. Pitt hasn't ever overachieved in the shcools history and this year, on paper, has at least a half dozen teams with way more talent than Pitt. If there was ever a year to have them bowing out on Saturday of week one, this is it.

I didn't click on the link but was checking out other stuff on ESPN today. Did he really pick a FF of Vandy, UCLA, Pitt and Wisconsin? In a year when Uconn, UNC, OSU and UK are as talented as they are? Really? His boss at ESPN should mandate Joe put his year's salary on any one those teams to make the FF before he published his report.

Maybe he's got some sort of beginning of the year hiccup to his 'system', a la KenPom? heh

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As stupid as having those 2 in the final 4 is...

Can you imagine how ugly that game would be? Yuck. It would make our game against Butler look like a Globetrotters game!

Reaction Score
I'll never forget back in 2004, UConn was dropped to a 2 seed in his bracketology for losing back to back games in February. fair.

The next week Duke loses 2 consecutive games, and remains a number 1 seed. The dude contradicts himself like its going out of style.

Reaction Score
The season is near if guys are quoting Lunardi in November. Anyway so what if he has Pitt and Wisconsin, or UConn for that matter? He is capturing the 'predictions' market as soon as possible to be considered a consultant for March madness TV interviews. Its all a joke and quite frankly a waste of time (in November).

Reaction Score
After being ranked 44th to start the season and finishing 9th in the BE I have no worries whatsoever about where we are ranked or what seed we will have this year. This team simply needs to improve and get their chemistry together. If we can play our A game every day come March we will have a good shot at another FF. Can't ask for anything more then that.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Picking Pitt to the FF is bold. I mean bold.
It would be like picking the Cubs to win it all. Or picking Greg Norman to maintain a 2 stroke lead at the British Open on Sunday.
It's not that it couldn't happen.
It's that it just seems out of place in the universe.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As stupid as having those 2 in the final 4 is...

Can you imagine how ugly that game would be? Yuck. It would make our game against Butler look like a Globetrotters game!
agreed. as a side note i recall some lamenting how poorly played the game was in general, at especially the first half. as if neither team deserved to be there. bottom line, UCONN won the NC and i don't care if it was 20-19 as the final score or 100-99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom