Lunardi has us 1 seed in the East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lunardi has us 1 seed in the East

Reaction Score
If its team by team then Louisville and Syracuse are mid-majors

Sorry not sorry

Reaction Score
It is team by team. Nobody considered Houston a mid major last year. C’mon.
It's not year by year. You're either a mid major or you're not. Was Dayton not a mid major the year COVID derailed everything? No, they were in a mid major conference they were a mid major. Houston, in the AAC, was a mid major that had several successful seasons.

Reaction Score
It's not year by year. You're either a mid major or you're not. Was Dayton not a mid major the year COVID derailed everything? No, they were in a mid major conference they were a mid major. Houston, in the AAC, was a mid major that had several successful seasons.

Houston and Dayton are not similar. Auror’s take the most right on this.

Reaction Score
Biggest Takeaways from ESPN's 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracketology by David Korn, Yardbarker contains a real backhanded bitch slap. He notes that there are only 3 MIDMajor At Large Bids in the field. MEMPHIS, SAN DIEGO ST, & New Mexico !!! Ouch, I bet fans of those programs didn't know they were mid majors until now. Not exactly a 'buy game' list in my mind. That is a real Bitch Slap.
Only three? You mean Cincy didn't make the field?

Reaction Score
Then you'll like Palm's updated pre-season bracket also.

The Big East has seven teams in the field, including three among the top 10 teams overall.

And yes, I know this means absolutely nothing before any games have been played. So please nobody post that again. We all know.

I'd love to hear the rationale regarding Duke as a 1 seed and UConn as a 2 seed.
UConn has a higher NET ranking, a better record against Quad 1 and 2, and a higher Strength of Schedule.
What am I missing?

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear the rationale regarding Duke as a 1 seed and UConn as a 2 seed.
UConn has a higher NET ranking, a better record against Quad 1 and 2, and a higher Strength of Schedule.
What am I missing?
You're responding to a post/article from before the season even started. So none of that info was known

Reaction Score
I was there. That was ugly. Still hoping for Boston this time. I think it would be great for Alex and Donovan.
I’m still not happy they haven’t rescheduled Atlanta yet. The year I moved here is when they canceled it. With the number of NBA and D1 ATL players who live in and are from Atlanta I know it would have been great here.

Reaction Score
What am I missing?
Look at the date this was done. November 2, 2023. As usual, Duke the champions of the preseason.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It is team by team. Nobody considered Houston a mid major last year. C’mon.
I definitely did. The fact that a team is good doesn’t make them a high major.

Reaction Score
Houston and Dayton are not similar. Auror’s take the most right on this.
Regardless of which method people think makes the most sense, the point is it's not unusual or particularly insulting to say SDSU or Nevada are mid-majors, since it's a common opinion. That was the original issue brought up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes, the AAC is a mid major conference. That's why we left to go back to the Big East the first chance we got. That's why FAU from the AAC is at the top of the mid-major top 25 right now. Granted that's not an official list, but by all accounts everyone considers the AAC a mid-major conference

View attachment 94059
What would James Madison be ranked if they hadn't beaten Michigan St in OT in both teams' opening game, when MSU was pre-season ranked #4. Yes, it was in East Lansing, but still...

Reaction Score
I am sure you fellas were arguing that we were actually a mid-major in 2014.

Reaction Score
There is not agreement about what is or is not a mid-major, and since there is no official definition there is not a right or wrong answer. Many considered the A Ten and MWC, and at times the American and the MVC, major conferences. Mid-major was a term used really for non-majors. As power has contracted in football, however, more and more people reserve the major terms for power conferences (and, sometimes, in hoops, the Big East).

Sorry but there is not a single right answer to this.

Reaction Score
It’s bad luck to talk about seeding, Lunardi or any of that in December. This is a mid Feb conversation if at all.
I cant believe that you said that out loud. What are you, 5 years old?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom