Lunardi has us 1 seed in the East | The Boneyard

Lunardi has us 1 seed in the East

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Just more data to digest. It’s a long season but we are looking good this year. The Big East really has three top tier teams and this games will be battles with Marquette and Creighton. But I am hopeful we can avoid any bad road losses during the conference schedule. It would be nice to finish 16-4 or 15-5. Either first or second. If we want a one seed we will need to be better in league and conference tourney than we were last year. Looking forward to see how this team responds. I think we are a more consistent office than last year. Not saying better because Sanogo was like an auto 2 pt bucket but when the rest of the team got cold no pun intended in January we did not have as much as we do on the perimeter this year. We also have better rim protection this year with Samson or Clingan being on the court.

Reaction Score
Just more data to digest. It’s a long season but we are looking good this year. The Big East really has three top tier teams and this games will be battles with Marquette and Creighton. But I am hopeful we can avoid any bad road losses during the conference schedule. It would be nice to finish 16-4 or 15-5. Either first or second. If we want a one seed we will need to be better in league and conference tourney than we were last year. Looking forward to see how this team responds. I think we are a more consistent office than last year. Not saying better because Sanogo was like an auto 2 pt bucket but when the rest of the team got cold no pun intended in January we did not have as much as we do on the perimeter this year. We also have better rim protection this year with Samson or Clingan being on the court.
We should do better in league play and I don’t think the ball movement will slump like it did last year. Before the adjustment with Jackson we were dumping it into Sanogo all the time with nothing else working during that losing stretch.

I can’t see us going worse than 15-5 and even then I don’t know where the 5 losses are coming. If you pencil in the creighton and Marquette road games as losses as well as a bad home and road loss that gets us to 4.

Reaction Score
I received and email for the final four here in Phoenix and the price was over 1,000 dollars for all games. Waiting to see what the school has when the time comes.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I decided to just wait and see who is playing. If it is UConn I'll get them somehow. If Kansas I'll try to return the favor to my friend who got us tickets to AFH.
I'll go even if we get sent out west. The games are awesome, and the whole college hoop thing is very different from NBA in person. I'm in the Ford Sportsdeck at TD Garden for a 10 game Celtics package, and alas the same seats for the NCAA were pricier than lower bowl. So ... really hoping for a seed in the East!

Reaction Score
Interesting that Lunardi has all of last year's Final Four teams in the East.

Reaction Score
Biggest Takeaways from ESPN's 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracketology by David Korn, Yardbarker contains a real backhanded bitch slap. He notes that there are only 3 MIDMajor At Large Bids in the field. MEMPHIS, SAN DIEGO ST, & New Mexico !!! Ouch, I bet fans of those programs didn't know they were mid majors until now. Not exactly a 'buy game' list in my mind. That is a real Bitch Slap.

Reaction Score
Biggest Takeaways from ESPN's 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracketology by David Korn, Yardbarker contains a real backhanded bitch slap. He notes that there are only 3 MIDMajor At Large Bids in the field. MEMPHIS, SAN DIEGO ST, & New Mexico !!! Ouch, I bet fans of those programs didn't know they were mid majors until now. Not exactly a 'buy game' list in my mind. That is a real Bitch Slap.
If they're not mid-majors what are they?

Reaction Score
Major Teams
If you are not scheduling them to just round out your schedule, they are major teams. Gonzaga and St Mary's aren't mid majors either

Reaction Score
Major Teams
If you are not scheduling them to just round out your schedule, they are major teams. Gonzaga and St Mary's aren't mid majors either
Most people only think of it as "major conferences," and Mountain West, for example, isn't one. Your framing is unusual. SDSU fans are not unaware that their team is a mid-major.

Gonzaga is basically the only exception that is regularly mentioned.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Houston and BYU and Cincinnati were mid majors until they joined the big 12 this year.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Houston and BYU and Cincinnati were mid majors until they joined the big 12 this year.
Mid Major is, by most people, defined by your conference with Gonzaga being the only exception. If you're not in the P6 you're a mid or low major, except Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
sign me up for that path right now.

brooklyn:
#15 colgate
#7 TCU

boston:
#3 gonzaga
#1 MSU

Final Four:
#1 Purdue
#1 KU

none of those #1 seeds are scary. not that any are going to make it that far. all perennially overrated.
With apologies to the "we are doom" crowd, it does not matter where we go. If these boys stay relatively healthy come March, nobody is beating us. If you look at my 'pre-season' posts, I was on the fence about this team. I wanted to see who would score when things got tight. I wanted to see if we had any alphas. Well, I got my answer. We have multiple 'go to' scorers. I also questioned if SJ could stay on the floor, in light of foul troubles. We have our answer on that as well; the kid is a baller, and he is smart. And while DC is not a prolific post player yet, his defense is top notch. Lastly, I questioned if the bench would be as good. With Castle being out, we all saw huge progress from Solo, and even Diarra improved from last year. And I believe Stewart will have something to say about having a rotation spot before March. All of that said, I have watched all of our so called threats multiple times by now. In neutral sites, we beat them all by ten plus points. And if there is one team I want to avoid, it aint Kansas, or Purdue or Dook, its Marquette. Other than that, bring them on.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If it is defined by conference then Gonzaga is mid major.
you can't cherry pick
If the Zags have 3 bad seasons in a row then are they relegated to mid-major?
If the NBE is not mid major so do we consider DePaul a major player and St Mary's, BYU or SDSU not?

Reaction Score
acc, big 10, big 12, pac 10, sec, is 5, Big East is the 6th?
So UConn, Houston, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, were all mid majors in the aac, as well as BYU, Utah before Pac 10, UNLV , and Colorado, and thus multiple mid majors technically have national titles. Based on conference affiliation UConn and Louisville were thus majors, then mid majors, then majors again? Or is the Big East a mid major conference with multiple titles? I'm not sure 'most people's' definition is well thought out.

Reaction Score
So UConn, Houston, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, were all mid majors in the aac, as well as BYU, Utah before Pac 10, UNLV , and Colorado, and thus multiple mid majors technically have national titles. Based on conference affiliation UConn and Louisville were thus majors, then mid majors, then majors again? Or is the Big East a mid major conference with multiple titles? I'm not sure 'most people's' definition is well thought out.
Yes, the AAC is a mid major conference. That's why we left to go back to the Big East the first chance we got. That's why FAU from the AAC is at the top of the mid-major top 25 right now. Granted that's not an official list, but by all accounts everyone considers the AAC a mid-major conference

IMG_5970.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom