Lunardi Disses UCONN's 7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lunardi Disses UCONN's 7

Reaction Score
When I link something from Lunardi, there's a good chance you click.

The same is not true for most basketball fans if I say Palm, Decourcy, Gasaway, Brennan, etc.
there is no chance i click on it i stopped reading bracketology years ago. espn can/should replace him with a lesser known (ie cheaper) but more accurate guy.

he's only popular because he's on espn but anyone they promote will get clicks. they made a freaking octopus famous for picking world cup games (who also happens to be better than lunardi)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We are upset because Lunardi thinks we should have been a 9 instead of a 7? Who cares?
Because he is taking shots at the team and it's players to cover his failings. Joe, you were wrong. Own it like a man.

Reaction Score
there is no chance i click on it i stopped reading bracketology years ago, and espn can replace him with a lesser known (ie cheaper) but more accurate guy. he's only popular because he's on espn but anyone they promote will get clicks. they made a freaking octopus famous (who also happens to be better than lunardi)
Sexy Well Done GIF by RTL

Reaction Score
lunardi got 67/68 teams and had uconn as an 8.....when we got a 7? so i don't know how that would make you bad at your job (i think picking the 68 teams is easier than he lets on, but still). way more accurate than those two nfl mock draft goofballs that get 10x the publicity

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That was their kryptonite. They were 0-5 vs those two teams, 32-3 vs everyone else (and lost those other 3 games by a total of 11 points). They lost those 5 games by something like 14.6 points per game. None of those 6 teams in the tourney could copy the blueprint laid out by Lville or SMU but if UConn had come across either of those two teams it would be 0-6 instead of 0-5, thankfully they both lost early in the tourney (Lville to Kentucky in the sweet 16, if Lville wins that, I think they make the championship)
I'm starting to get nightmare images of Peyton Siva again driving right down the lane. Let's try to forget that Louisville team for good. They repeatedly kicked our that year.

Reaction Score
Guards bring championships. Bouknight is better than Bazz. Cole is as good as Boatright. We have a great chance to get by Maryland and Alabama. Then who knows. (What will we say when Alterique Gilbert takes Wichita State to the Sweet 16?)

Reaction Score
We are upset because Lunardi thinks we should have been a 9 instead of a 7? Who cares? Lunardi's relevance expires every year at 6 pm on Selection Sunday.
That assumes he is ever relevant. He is not.

Reaction Score
Win the games, prove some wrong some right. Loose the games, prove some wrong and some right

Reaction Score
Guards bring championships. Bouknight is better than Bazz. Cole is as good as Boatright. We have a great chance to get by Maryland and Alabama. Then who knows. (What will we say when Alterique Gilbert takes Wichita State to the Sweet 16?)
You're high.

Bazz was a better college player than Bouk and hit bigger shots.

I like Cole, but it's laughable to consider them in the league.

Reaction Score
Can you say you had the same confidence that Kemba and Bazz could lead UConn to the championship "before they actually did it". I had more confidence in the post Emeka/Gordon team that lost to George Mason and the Caron team that lost to Maryland.

UConn is as good as any 7 seed relative to the field as could be expected. Have an Arizona 3 drop or Amida not get a late offensive rebound, score and make free throw and UConn is only one championship ahead of Fruit U.

Play smart, coach smart, and play your roles as well as you can and UConn will be in a position to beat any of these teams. Oh, and make free throws.
I had confidence in Emeka and Gordon too but that loss was an aberration against nature. But I have to be honest that the Kemba, Bazz, Gordon/Emeka teams did inspire more confidence than this Bouk-led team does now. Part of that feeling is that he is not a 100% healthy. No fault of his own!

I am happy where we are after a journey through hell for the past 5 years but I am a realist who will root like hell for our boys to go all the way but also is thrilled that we are where we are right now.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree that Cole is better than Boat. Boat was a tough defender with incredible hops and speed on offense. Cole is a pure scorer but lacks on the defensive end especially against a big guard. Boat used to eat those guys up.

Reaction Score
should be a rule that you have to post a link to the video or tweet of lunardi in the original post. highly annoying to come in here and see no proof of this.

see how easy this is @jibsey

Reaction Score
.Have to disagree that Cole is better than Boat.
I never said Cole is better than Boat. As for Bouk, he's a more talented player than Bazz (ask the NBA scouts who have him in the lottery) but I'll concede Bazz was a better leader on the court---so far. Let's see how things go vs Maryland and Alabama, then we can reassess.

Reaction Score
I never said Cole is better than Boat. As for Bouk, he's a more talented player than Bazz (ask the NBA scouts who have him in the lottery) but I'll concede Bazz was a better leader on the court---so far. Let's see how things go vs Maryland and Alabama, then we can reassess.
My bad! I read it wrong. Agree that Bouk is more talented than Bazz but Bazz was a better leader.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

so you watched the games? Or just read the box score. Bazz was a way better college basketball player than bouk. How can you even come to this conclusion?

Reaction Score
Who will have a better NBA career? Barring injuries, Bouk. No question.

There's nothing Bouk can do to make himself a better college player than what Bazz did. He was a better player and a better leader while here. It's not even close.

Reaction Score
The talent question is one of those arguments that's difficult to make either way. However, Bazz clearly demonstrated the swagger, ability and desire to step up and carry (and sometimes WILL) his team that Bouk has not yet. Would be great to see that come out of James over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not sure he has it in him. Bazz had it even when he didn't have it......if you know what I mean.

Reaction Score
Yes, I think this team is more talented than our 2014 team. I loved our 2014 team, and thought we could make noise, but that team got very hot and played above their level a bit I think. Never thought about Elite 8 or Final Four, especially after the Louisville loss.

My only point is that if you asked me at the beginning of March to put money on this roster or our 2014 roster to win the championship, I’d go with this roster.

Having said that, I think this team has like a 10% chance of going to the Final Four.

A bit of a side point here, but I think our fanbase underrates how difficult it is to win a national championship, because we’ve had so many great teams AND have been quite fortunate. It’s all about getting hot, having fortunate matchups and elite on court leadership.

I disagree with the talent assessment. I believe 2014 had more talent.

Bazz, Boat, Giffey, Daniels I’d take over Bouk, Cole, Martin, Whaley

2014 had a horrible interior. That’s 2021’s only advantage, IMO.

I’m not so sure this team makes it past Maryland. If they do beat them, I don’t see them getting by Alabama. I put their chances of seeing the second weekend at 10%.

It’s incredibly hard to win a NT. I 100% agree. I think we were blessed with 2 unexpected runs in 4 years, which I believe resonates in comments about who we are as a program. Those were unexpected. I doubt we see that again.

I always thought 99 and 04 would win from the begining of the season. Even as inconsistent as 04 played, they had so much talent, I knew if they played their game, they were unstoppable.

Reaction Score
There's nothing Bouk can do to make himself a better college player than what Bazz did. He was a better player and a better leader while here. It's not even close.
Bazz was a 1st team All-American. Bouk didn’t make the 3rd team. That settles that.

Not to mention all Bazz’s accomplishments that dwarf anything Bouk has done.

Bouk has NBA potential. That’s about it. He might even flame out it the NBA. You never know.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted but...
Over seeded?! Losing to the terps?! Come on, I hope you know better Joe.

Attachments

• 4EC9D1D2-DAC3-4A35-A151-15D56E55C2C9.jpeg
    4EC9D1D2-DAC3-4A35-A151-15D56E55C2C9.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 121
  • 5AA09F22-14AC-4F31-ACD6-6A6FF36B9483.jpeg
    5AA09F22-14AC-4F31-ACD6-6A6FF36B9483.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 127
Reaction Score

It's sort of an insult to Shabazz to say he's just a "better leader on the court." Go back and watch those 2014 tourney games. He was a pitbull who hit huge shot after huge shot. Bouknight will have a better NBA career because Shabazz is my height but it wasn't just leadership he was bringing to the table. I don't know if a kid was ever a first team all-american just by being a good leader.

Edit: come to think of it, Shabazz had a huge set of balls as a freshman, too. Some kids are just born with it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

It's not the craziest thing in the world to predict us losing to Maryland. We are favored by 2.5 points and a little more than 48% of those filling out brackets have picked us to lose that game.

Of course I have us winning our fifth National Championship, but I am a bit biased.

Reaction Score
Just once I wish someone would post "Lunardi is an idiot! He has us as a 5 seed when we're clearly a 7!"

This whole _________ is an idiot because he doesn't think we're as good as the Boneyard does is never interesting.

Plus, we've screwed up the mojo so badly this year we have a great chance of losing to Maryland.

Reaction Score
If Bouk and RJ play better than Bass and Boat we’re winning it all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom