Lunardi Disses UCONN's 7 | The Boneyard

Lunardi Disses UCONN's 7

Reaction Score
Says Bouk is no Kemba or Bazz. They were uninjured junior and senior. I realize that no one cares what he says but it was on so it's fair game. We'll see I guess but it does help to have Lamb and Boat. This is where his legacy will be made, it's a pretty big lift.

Reaction Score
I try not to listen to any of that BS. One of the guys on CBS said we were underseeded, so i’m not sure how we could be under and over seeded at the same time.

These guys are literally paid to over analyze every single thing until they beat it to the ground. It’s not even worth thinking about. They just continue to push the same narrative over and over and people buy into it. Just gotta focus on Maryland and nothing else right now and let the outsiders think what they want to think.

Reaction Score
Says Bouk is no Kemba or Bazz. They were uninjured junior and senior. I realize that no one cares what he says but it was on so it's fair game. We'll see I guess but it does help to have Lamb and Boat. This is where his legacy will be made, it's a pretty big lift.
Too be fair to Bouk, he doesn't have as many offensive weapons on this team as Kemba and Bazz had on their respective teams.

Reaction Score
Too be fair to Bouk, he doesn't have as many offensive weapons on this team as Kemba and Bazz had on their respective teams.

While I agree with you, I think Kemba and Bazz had weapons who were consistent. You knew what you were going to get.

Polley if he is on is great, but that is not very often. TMartin hasn't been on in a while. Gaffney took a couple steps back and Cole is hurt. This UConn team doesn't know what they will get out of everyone. Much different than in '11 or '14.

Reaction Score
So what? Its his opinion which he is paid to do. We were seeded a 7, he thinks it should have been a 9. I was thinking an 8 to be honest. It not like he had us out of the field completely. Doesn't matter, go out and beat Maryland.

Reaction Score
He has a point. Bouk is fun to watch but do you have the same confidence that he can lead a team to a championship? I did with Bazz and Kemba.

I hope I am wrong.
Bouk has probably played the equivalent of 1 full season...Kemba was a Jr and Bazz was a Sr...both with prior final 4 experience

I too hope you are wrong :D

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
He has a point. Bouk is fun to watch but do you have the same confidence that he can lead a team to a championship? I did with Bazz and Kemba.

I hope I am wrong.
You had more confidence that Shabazz could lead us to a championship than Bouknight?

I for one, did not remotely expect a national championship in 2014. I have a higher hope for this team than I did for the 2014 team going into the tournament.

Reaction Score
Bouk has probably played the equivalent of 1 full season...Kemba was a Jr and Bazz was a Sr...both with prior final 4 experience

I too hope you are wrong :D
You kind of made my point there. Not criticizing Bouk but the reality is that he is inexperienced to Bazz and Kemba.

Reaction Score
You had more confidence that Shabazz could lead us to a championship than Bouknight?

I for one, did not remotely expect a national championship in 2014. I have a higher hope for this team than I did for the 2014 team going into the tournament.
Actually I did have a lot of faith in Bazz although admittedly not a championship but at least in an Elite 8 berth.

Reaction Score
100%. The rosters aren’t even close.

Boat, Giffey, Daniels, Lamb, Bazz....this list goes on.

Reaction Score
I have a higher hope for this team than I did for the 2014 team going into the tournament.
What??? The 2014 team won some big games, several against ranked opponents and being ranked themselves most of the season. Forget about the Florida game at Gampel???

Their only problem was SMU and Louisville.

I didn’t peg them for a NT entering the tournament, but definitely thought they could make a run.

Reaction Score
I think that would be overrating the offensive talent on both of those teams, especially Bazz's 2014 year. Boat and DD were inconsistent offensively all year until the postseason. Freshman year Lamb is definitely the most consistent 2nd option amongst all 3 teams though.

Reaction Score
You guys get way too worked up over what talking heads say. I’m pretty sure Seth Davis picked against UConn every game in 2014, and it clearly had no bearing on the outcome.

Lunardi isn’t even a basketball analyst - he’s a bracketologist, which legitimately might be the dumbest job title at a company filled with made-up job titles. He’s right around the bottom of the list of basketball opinions I care about.

This is a good UConn team with the potential to make a run, but they aren’t being disrespected nationally like some people on here are making them out to be. Skeptics have called attention to their lack of quality wins, which is a fair critique. But they also have a golden opportunity to change that in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
You guys get way too worked up over what talking heads say. I’m pretty sure Seth Davis picked against UConn every game in 2014, and it clearly had no bearing on the outcome.

Lunardi isn’t even a basketball analyst - he’s a bracketologist, which legitimately might be the dumbest job title at a company filled with made-up job titles. He’s right around the bottom of the list of basketball opinions I care about.

This is a good UConn team with the potential to make a run, but they aren’t being disrespected nationally like some people on here are making them out to be. Skeptics have called attention to their lack of quality wins, which is a fair critique. But they also have a golden opportunity to change that in the next few weeks.
Well said, all the way around

Reaction Score
Actually I did have a lot of faith in Bazz although admittedly not a championship but at least in an Elite 8 berth.
Although when we were down to St Joe’s late I admit my faith as shaken a bit

Reaction Score
It's revisionist history to say we knew how good the 2011 and 2014 teams were until they did what they did.

In 2011, you had pieces like this being put out by our own fanbase at the end of the regular season: Notre Dame 70, UConn 67: A very short March in the offing.

In 2014, they got smacked around by Louisville 3 times (sound familiar). They needed OT to get by St. Joe's in the first round.

To expect in 2021 for a Kemba/Shabazz repeat is unrealistic because what they both did is insane. Bouk also doesn't have to do it all himself, something I think he at times forgets out on the floor. He shouldn't have to carry the weight of those two on his back nor try to emulate unless absolutely necessary. He's got some guys around him who can help. Not saying anyone has shown they can be Niels Giffey, Ryan Boatright, or Jeremy Lamb...yet, but certainly guys like Cole, Sanogo, Tyrese, and even Polley for that one week in January have shown they have the ability.

At times this team looks like what we saw v. Georgetown or Xavier or @ Seton Hall and other times they look like 2nd Half Villanova, 1st Half @ Georgetown, and 1st Half @ Marquette.

I hope the team does find consistency this March and maybe they go on a run here.

Reaction Score
With Bouknight playing, UConn lost three games: an overtime loss to Creighton in December, a close game at Villanova with Gillespie, and Creighton in the BET where we were up before Cole went out with four minutes left. They had just broken into the top 25 before they hit a rough patch with their NBA lottery guard injured.

It’s difficult to pick them to beat a #2 seed like Alabama, but I at least like their chances. I’m not worried whatsoever about Maryland. 9 seed? The guy clearly didn’t pay any attention to UConn this year, so it’s hard for me to give a $&@# what he thinks.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom