Lunardi 72nd best bracketologist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lunardi 72nd best bracketologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I hope next year I do not see one "Lunardi has spoken threads".
I also hope we have no reason to even be paying attention to Joey Rackets next year. He got wayyyy too much play on the BY and while many of us knew he was a hack, some fell victim to the ESPN brainwashing that his word is gospel.

It was rather comical to see his whine and complain that the committee got it wrong and that he got it right...better luck next year clown

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...e-committee-got-so-much-wrong-and-here-is-how

Reaction Score
I also hope we have no reason to even be paying attention to Joey Rackets next year. He got wayyyy too much play on the BY and while many of us knew he was a hack, some fell victim to the ESPN brainwashing that his word is gospel.

It was rather comical to see his whine and complain that the committee got it wrong and that he got it right...better luck next year clown

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...e-committee-got-so-much-wrong-and-here-is-how
I think he can be fun to read, and his site is the most convenient one for looking at the necessary nitty-gritty details (less him, to be fair). He's also not the worst at his job. I do look forward to seeing the new brackets, but mostly for nostalgia's sake.

His whining here is insufferable, though. He looked bad and he knew it.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I think he can be fun to read, and his site is the most convenient one for looking at the necessary nitty-gritty details (less him, to be fair). He's also not the worst at his job. I do look forward to seeing the new brackets, but mostly for nostalgia's sake.

He's about as good at being a bracketologist as Uncle Jack is at being a lawyer...amazing avatar btw buddy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because if your dense ass can't figure it out, then there is none. Brilliant.

LOL. Why don't you let me in on the secret? I guess the rest of the dense world could also use your help... since the criteria used to select Tulsa and Syracuse seems to be lost on almost everyone.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

I thought Lunardi's piece was fine. His points on Syracuse, Monmouth and Tulsa seem perfectly fair.
It's also a fair point that matching the committee doesn't necessarily make you the best at this, because it sure looks like they're making it up as they go. NC State two years ago was a made-up pick, Tulsa this year. If you didn't have those teams in, you were being rational. It's not the analyst's fault if the committee is off the wall.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight, Lunardi can't guess what the committee is thinking?

Reaction Score
LOL. Why don't you let me in on the secret? I guess the rest of the dense world could also use your help... since the criteria used to select Tulsa and Syracuse seems to be lost on almost everyone.
A lot of people had Cuse (still a surprise).

I do not think anyone is faulting him for Tulsa, no one had them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight, Lunardi can't guess what the committee is thinking?
If you made your reputation claiming to be able to do exactly that, it's a problem.

Reaction Score
If you made your reputation claiming to be able to do exactly that, it's a problem.

The committee is predictably unpredictable. Every year they seem to use a new matrix for picking teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
When you perform embarrassingly, do you get to keep the job?
Nope, but he will. ESPN created this little sideshow and they make up the rules.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The difference this year is there is not one team that stands out and anyone, just about any team can win it.

Go Huskies, even though we are doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3