Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
While the bolded line is the kind of thing you hear in most hires, it's hard not to read it as a subtle subtweet of Freeman.

Only if you're predisposed to look for negativity everywhere.

The idea that Hurley is going to take a shot at Kevin Freeman in this context is silly. We're not talking about some guy who just showed up in Storrs a year ago. He had as big a hand as any former player in building this program.

Reaction Score
Only if you're predisposed to look for negativity everywhere.

The idea that Hurley is going to take a shot at Kevin Freeman in this context is silly. We're not talking about some guy who just showed up in Storrs a year ago. He had as big a hand as any former player in building this program.
Not to mention that he's now in the Athletic Department, presumably with an office near the Athletic Director, whom at the end of the day Hurley reports to.

The need to read so deeply into coachspeak never fails to amuse me. Hurley wanted someone he had a better working relationship with. That's his prerogative. The thought that he's badmouthing someone still on the athletic department payroll, and with ties to our great history of players, is absurd.

Reaction Score
chief's depth of knowledge cannot be understood by the Casual Fan.

Good call!
Yeah, I am still waiting for my friend @Hans Sprungfeld, who says he’s not affiliated with the black helicopter conspiracy types, to catalog all my bad predictions that give me an upside down “W” aka “M” for predictions per him.
He has over a decade of predictions to play with and one would assume he did his homework before making that charge and can rattle off a long list?
Oh wait, it can’t be the various Dam Break recruits, Blaze recruits, KO/Diaco getting fired, Drummond coming that fall, Hurley hiring assistant by beginning of May, Freeman being symptom not cause, etc. Chief got all those right.
This idea that I am looking for praise, notoriety or affirmation by taking positions that I know will be unpopular with 75% of the casual fans here, is silly. Its almost as silly as me threatening to sue a message board. Yet, these conspiracy theories get paraded out, repeated without evidence and soon becomes conventional wisdom with a small group of conspiracy believing followers.
If Chief wanted to play to the crowd in the outfield bleachers and get Likes as these folks suggest, wouldn’t I just say James is going Top 10 rather than what my sources are saying? Hopefully, his current handler squad has a secret agreement with a team that has a top ten spot and the rest is deception. But, absent knowledge of that I must go with what my NBA sources are telling me. ......and get called a “horrible person”.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was no one to read his stuff at "the other place".
Actually, amazingly given the usual small audience of the site, the Briefs were averaging 1k to 3k views there. What led to me coming back here is a little more complicated than is generally believed.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am still waiting for my friend @Hans Sprungfeld, who says he’s not affiliated with the black helicopter conspiracy types, to catalog all my bad predictions that give me an upside down “W” aka “M” for predictions per him.
He has over a decade of predictions to play with and one would assume he did his homework before making that charge and can rattle off a long list?
Oh wait it can’t it can’t be the various Dam Break recruits, Blaze recruits, KO/Diaco getting fired, Drummond coming that fall, Hurley hiring assistant by beginning of May, Freeman being symptom not cause, etc. Chief got all those right.
This idea that I am looking for praise, notoriety or affirmation by taking positions that I know will be unpopular with 75% of the casual fans here, is silly. Its almost as silly as me threatening to sue a message board. Yet, these conspiracy theories get paraded out, repeated without evidence and soon becomes conventional wisdom with a small group of conspiracy believing followers.
If Chief wanted to play to the crowd in the outfield bleachers and get Likes as these folks suggest, wouldn’t I just say James is going Top 10 rather than what my sources are saying? Hopefully, his current handler squad has a secret agreement with a team that has a top ten spot and the rest is deception. But, absent knowledge of that I must go with what my NBA sources are telling me. ......and get called a “horrible person”.
Husky99 hears you and husky99 believes @Chief00 believes you believe what you saying as truth

Reaction Score
Husky99 hears you and husky99 believes @Chief00 believes you believe what you saying as truth
I know there’s some sarcasm, since I haven’t had the prediction slip-ups you had. Granted, it’s a tough business because kids can change their minds and things can be exchanged (L$U). But, feel free to chime in if you recall a bad Chief prediction.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Actually, amazingly given the usual small audience of the site, the Briefs were averaging 1k to 3k views there. What led to me coming back here is a little more complicated than is generally believed.
A. Is there a prediction anywhere that Bouk is a top ten pick? Your sources are the world's conventional wisdom.

B. Feel free to start your own message board of you tire of sharing your ice cream with the Yard swine.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What led you to come back is the realization that you paid money to join a free message board that allowed frowny face reactions.

That, and your boundless narcissism.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is about Luke Murray but it really isn't, it's more about people beating their chest and arguing.

If I can sway the narrative back on topic, I think this is an excellent hire. I will admit, as many others would I'm sure that the hire of Freeman was disappointing but understandable - this solves the problem that it seemed to create and brings a national recruiter into the fold with a track record of success.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Me too. It was like watching a five-year old boy playing with a doll house and talking with all his make-believe friends.
watching arrested development GIF

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Me too. It was like watching a five-year old boy playing with a doll house and talking with all his make-believe friends.

I think my favorite chapter was when @CL82 thought he was actually talking with Whaler.
Lol, sort of. I was trying to see if I could figure it who it was but I hadn't ruled out that it actually was Whaler. For a moment, TOS was brimming with activity and then it died again. I wonder what the regulars (all 6 of them) thought about it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lol and speak of the devil....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member