Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
Does this mean Bill Murray is gonna come to our games

bill murray assistance GIF

Reaction Score
oh wow, what a surprise

Now to be less obnoxious... I find Luke to be such an interesting person. His name and family money obviously have afforded him a lot of privilege and opportunities in life. Basketball was a thing he loved and pursued, and he has earned everything he’s gotten (although sure, the money gives a person quite the soft landing spot if it doesn’t work out).

Bill’s rolled in to games at places like Spiro and Gola (seeing him in North Philly in that high school looking gym was surprising but fun, I love a supportive dad!) to see Luke, so he’ll definitely be in Gampel this season.

I can’t wait until June- regular recruiting back in action for the first time in over a year and the team back on campus for summer work.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well I have been predicting for a few weeks by first week in May - today is the first official business day and Danny likes to have his recruiting staff intact by then.

Note: see above @tcf15
I was confirming other posts abd tgebofficial release hit - officially confirming the person and timing Chief had predicted for a couple weeks.
I don’t recall you putting any name out there

Reaction Score
Now to be less obnoxious... I find Luke to be such an interesting person. His name and family money obviously have afforded him a lot of privilege and opportunities in life. Basketball was a thing he loved and pursued, and he has earned everything he’s gotten (although sure, the money gives a person quite the soft landing spot if it doesn’t work out).

Bill’s rolled in to games at places like Spiro and Gola (seeing him in North Philly in that high school looking gym was surprising but fun, I love a supportive dad!) to see Luke, so he’ll definitely be in Gampel this season.

I can’t wait until June- regular recruiting back in action for the first time in over a year and the team back on campus for summer work.
It feels like the stage is set for the class of ‘22 to be a monster one.

Reaction Score
Okay more focus on Luke.

He signed Aidan Igiehon as the primary recruiter as a 5* at Louisvlle. Beat us out in the process.

Player didn't work out, but the pull is real.

Reaction Score
Still not as good as providing Bouk bulletin board material while posting criticism on the yard. In my opinion, that was platinum.
You don’t know Chief and James - Meekmill thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If I could pick any job then working on the UConn mens team would be a dream come true. Luke went to UConn for his freshman year too so it’s a bit of a homecoming for him as well

Reaction Score
LETS GO!!! So exciting. We already know he is a great recruiter, and I keep seeing people say he is a great offensive mind as well. I think he balances out our staff perfectly.

Reaction Score
Found a neat article from 2009 when Luke was just getting started as a 23yo assistant with Post. Some good UConn mentions in there, including Calhoun. Didn’t realize the roots went any further than his Hurley connections.

Reaction Score
He seemed to be the lead recruiter on Flip for Louisville. Just guessing he'll be a major target.
Yup, he mentions Luke by name as recently as 4 months ago

“Always stay close in contact with Coach (Luke) Murray and Coach (Chris) Mack and them showing how much of a priority I am to them and how great of an impact I would have on their program is awesome. They are a national contender.”

Basketball Recruiting - Filipowski becomes high major target as stock climbs during shutdown

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Does a Werth Center custodian need a court order to hide a Go Pro in the coaching offices?

Reaction Score
It's late 1980s & I'm living in LA. One of the mortgage bankers I know well always told me he was cousins with the Murrays & grew up with them in Chicago ...

One night, for no apparent reason, John tells me we are going to Loyola Marymount and watch a college basketball game. Now Im a son of a small college coach & I love any hoop. But in LA, there are a lot of entertainment opportunities. But that night I sat with both Bill Murray & Brian Doyle Murray and watched Loyola Marymount win a non conference game. That's that. None of us had any rooting connections to Loyola. Just out to watch college hoop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom