Lubin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did I move the goal posts? I never tried to claim he played Shaq straight up all game long. You said Shaq averaged the same he always did, so I just riffed on that. Nor did I say he shutdown Shaq. The term I used was 'effective', which is hardly over the top.

I watched them play against each other number of times and was very surprised to see Rodman holding his own, even when Shaq tried to back him down.

I don't agree that giving up an average of 27 points against someone who averages 27 points is playing "effective" defense. Doesn't matter, Lubin is better than both of them combined.

Reaction Score
I fully expect that by mid season, opponents will have to start going to a box and one on Lubin, which will really open things up for everyone else. Think about it - we can spread the floor with Boat, Purvis, Hamilton and Samuel, and there's no way that one guy will be able to cover all four of them.

Reaction Score
This Rodman nonsense is sidetracking us, can we please get back to debating whether Lubin will be the greatest Husky ever.

A cross section of the BY believes Rock Lubin may ignite the UConn fast break this year in a manner comparable to what Hall of Famer Westley Sissel did with the Baltimore Bullets. What are your thoughts on that John???? KO wants to send out his thoroughbreds and Ferrari's on the break and needs someone to fill the tank with bullet like precise outlet passes. Its all about Sissel & Rock. ;)

Reaction Score
A cross section of the BY believes Rock Lubin may ignite the UConn fast break this year in a manner comparable to what Hall of Famer Westley Sissel did with the Baltimore Bullets. What are your thoughts on that John???? KO wants to send out his thoroughbreds and Ferrari's on the break and needs someone to fill the tank with bullet like precise outlet passes. Its all about Sissel & Rock. ;)
I haven't seen Lubin play yet but from what I've heard he's a cross between Unseld, Barkley and Rodman. I expect him to be an exact replica of Larry Johnson before the back injury.

Reaction Score
http://www.nba.com/coachfile/paul_silas/?nav=page

Here's the guy with similar size which we would hope he can rebound like. Paul was an unbelievable rebounder for a 6'6" (pushing it) guy in the NBA back in the day! Not too many could read rebounds and get position against much bigger guys like PS could.

MAU - FWIW, I think Silas and Bill Lambier are the only 2 NBA players with 10,000 rebounds and 15,000 points who are NOT in the HOF.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ms. MaMa Rock has gotta have a Kool-Aid smile when reading this thread!
Hope she remembers this thread when threads come out during the season if Rock has a bad game.

Reaction Score
Hope she remembers this thread when threads come out during the season if Rock has a bad game.
But bad is all relative for Mr. Rock. If he falls to the healthy Larry Johnson standard as opposed to the in his prime Wes Unseld standard most Yarders will be able to cope with the disappointment! ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But bad is all relative for Mr. Rock. If he falls to the healthy Larry Johnson standard as opposed to the in his prime Wes Unseld standard most Yarders will be able to cope with the disappointment! ;)
You're referring to the silent majority of Boneyarders! The vocal minority on the other hand......

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

A healthy Larry Johnson was one the best college players I've ever seen. Sign me up!

Reaction Score
I think posters of a rock are going to be a thing in the student section. Pumped to see this guy step on the floor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we can all agree that the rock brings Michael Jordan athleticism, Larry Bird basketball IQ, Magic Johnson charisma and creativity, and Bill Walton big man skills to UConn. The question isn't how many national championships will he win for UConn basketball, the question is how will he improve humanity and bring about world peace.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, even at this early stage I think we can be confident that Rock will add at least one area of value to the team. If we run up against a Behanan or Harrell dominating the post like a schoolyard bully, we now have a guy on the bench with the physicality to come in and hit them in the mouth. Figuratively speaking of course.

I'm very happy about that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All kidding aside, even at this early stage I think we can be confident that Rock will add at least one area of value to the team. If we run up against a Behanan or Harrell dominating the post like a schoolyard bully, we now have a guy on the bench with the physicality to come in and hit them in the mouth. Figuratively speaking of course.

I'm very happy about that.

Remove the "figuratively speaking" and I'm on board. Some guys just need to be sent sprawling into the cheerleaders now and then. Cue Dan Cyrulik.

Reaction Score
I think we can all agree that the rock brings Michael Jordan athleticism, Larry Bird basketball IQ, Magic Johnson charisma and creativity, and Bill Walton big man skills to UConn. The question isn't how many national championships will he win for UConn basketball, the question is how will he improve humanity and bring about world peace.

unfortunately for humanity's sake, if he doesn't rebound all of those skills will be wasted on the bench.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
unfortunately for humanity's sake, if he doesn't rebound all of those skills will be wasted on the bench.
With his skill set he'd probably still get rebounds while on the bench...just using the power of his mind.

Reaction Score
It's nice to have so many different types of pieces. We didn't have anything like Rock on the roster last year.

It makes Ollie's job a little tougher in some ways. He has to figure out the best way to put the puzzle together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom