LSU loses. Again. | The Boneyard

LSU loses. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
To unranked Northwestern. At LSU. This after losing to unranked Tulane last week.

(OK, they did manage to beat Georgetown, who is not exactly playing well either.)

Would someone summarize Caldwell's accomplishments as a HC for me please? Other than her "Summitt Lite" halftime speeches and high heels on the sidelines, I am really mystified about how her reputation as a HC has become so terrific.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That was the men, no?

On edit: A double ouchie in Baton Rouge delivered by Northwestern.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I suspect that the current LSU players are having a hard time adjusting to Nikki's style after having Van as a coach. Van was more laid back and from I what I understand Nikki is a more in your face coach. I do agree the losses were unexpected with the talent LSU has.

Still looks like Tenn runs away with the SEC with Kentucky and possibly Georgia providing some competition.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I suspect that the current LSU players are having a hard time adjusting to Nikki's style after having Van as a coach. Van was more laid back and from I what I understand Nikki is a more in your face coach. I do agree the losses were unexpected with the talent LSU has.

Still looks like Tenn runs away with the SEC with Kentucky and possibly Georgia providing some competition.
i'm a tad surprised how highly Georgia is ranked. they beat USC and play Georgetown, but those are the ONLY teams they play in the top 25 outside of the SEC. given how LSU has done, it seems Tennessee and Kentucky will be the only other two ranked SEC teams. great job in scheduling a cupcake schedule. i'd love to see UGA as the 2 or 3 seed in our bracket...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
given how LSU has done, it seems Tennessee and Kentucky will be the only other two ranked SEC teams.
Ohio State is up next for LSU. If the Tigers can regroup against the mercurial Buckeyes, things could turn around for them.

Reaction Score
I turned on the game and LSU was winning about 35 to 25 and watched for a few minutes. Was terrible basketball. Turnovers, slow movement, awkward shoots. Turned it back on and had gotten close, then saw end and NW best playere gets hurt in last 20 seconds, NW girl drives and gets fouled, (if was football game the NW girl would have been called for travelling and a charge and LSU would have been given a 1st down :D) and makes them. The 5 or so minutes I saw made the 1st 5 minutes of the Uconn-Stanford game look like Bird/Magic games. If LSU is a top 25 team then the depth of WCBB is not very good, if this is the 4th best SEC team, the top 3 teams only have to worry about each other.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I know there is a Rutgers bias here - but any wins by Northwestern is a good thing.

Coach Joe McKeon is one of the really, really nice folks in Women's basketball. When he was at GW, he would stop and talk to the RU fan contingent on his way to his bench. One year, saw him outside the arena and he stopped and chatted with my wife and myself - standing there in our RU gear.

Also has an autistic child, I think, which was one of the attractions of Northwestern - they had a program he thought would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom