Loyd edges Stewie for FOW | The Boneyard

Loyd edges Stewie for FOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Loyd is the real deal. Looks like the Irish got a good one. Here's a potentially controversial thought - Diggins is 4th on the team in scoring (11.5 PPG) and 1st on the team in turnovers at 3.8 per game. If her stats continue like that, she shouldn't even be on the midseason Wade watch list, never mind the list at the end of the season.

I do expect Diggins to start putting up better numbers, but it's certainly an interesting situation given many thought she was one of the top 3 players in the nation entering the season.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
In compensation (maybe) how are her assists and shooting %?

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Loyd is the real deal. Looks like the Irish got a good one. Here's a potentially controversial thought - Diggins is 4th on the team in scoring (11.5 PPG) and 1st on the team in turnovers at 3.8 per game. If her stats continue like that, she shouldn't even be on the midseason Wade watch list, never mind the list at the end of the season.

I do expect Diggins to start putting up better numbers, but it's certainly an interesting situation given many thought she was one of the top 3 players in the nation entering the season.

Jewell was very high on Geno's "want list" a few years ago.

I was hopeful Geno would get both Jewell and Diamond.

If Jewell continues to play at this level as a rookie, Notre Dame becomes a much better team than most observers expected. Not just for this year, but also the next three years.

FWIW -- If Jewell diverts some of the press from their (fawning) love affair with Skylar, that will be a much appreciated contribution to Women's College Basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jewell had a good game or two. I like her as a player.

But Stewie was MVP of a 3-game tournament, the only frosh to receive that award other than the great Maya Moore. I would have voted for Breanna.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Loyd is shooting .579, UConn type numbers.
But Mabrey is doing nadda.
If she comes along ND will be tough as I predicted last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom