Lowrie for Melancon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lowrie for Melancon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard not to notice that you get very bullish on Red Sox players (Lowrie, Papelbon) AFTER they leave Boston
Not the case with me. Not signing Papalbon was a huge loss and it is unlikely they will fill that void. Lowrie wasn't much more than a decent utility player....nice to have around but won't get you into the playoffs.I don't think he'll be missed.

Reaction Score
Not the case with me. Not signing Papalbon was a huge loss and it is unlikely they will fill that void. Lowrie wasn't much more than a decent utility player....nice to have around but won't get you into the playoffs.I don't think he'll be missed.
I agree with you. The Sox really blew it in my opinion by not at least competing for Papelbon. If you look at his stats, he was one of the best two relievers in all of baseball and he had a psyche that could handle Boston. I think the closer in Boston and New York has to be two of the highest pressure jobs in baseball. We have to find a reliever that can get people out and be able to move on the next day when he doesn't.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Pretty much meaningless facts given the small sample size. One bad outing completed skewed the overall AL #s.
Yeah, but posting it really annoys you. Isn't that a good enough reason to do it?

Reaction Score

No, talking about deadrody. Never seen him praise red sox players like that. Totally agree with you on papelbon. Major loss.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but posting it really annoys you. Isn't that a good enough reason to do it?

Absolutely. I've always said you could be the CFO at that fabled firm of Dewey Cheatem & Howe. You have a way with #s.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Absolutely. I've always said you could be the CFO at that fabled firm of Dewey Cheatem & Howe. You have a way with #s.
A stooges fan? nyuk nyuk nyuk

Reaction Score
I could care less about the Sox losing Papelbon. His time was up in Boston. But unfortunately, it's not like there are many good replacements out there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Some, like myself, post to enlighten. Others post to annoy. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom